ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 133 of 199
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143183 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
-King- 05:34 PM 04-23-2022
Originally Posted by Dawson:
Tyrek is done with football. Miami is an awful franchise with an awful QB. Hill will be forgotten about. Its a shame really
Yeah because elite WRs have never still been great even despite bad/average QBs.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:19 AM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah because elite WRs have never still been great even despite bad/average QBs.
You have to admit though, it's going to be interesting to see if Hill will truly thrive. I mean, he started with Alex, but never really blew up into the receiving threat that he is until Mahomes. Patrick can make throws that allowed Hill to be other worldly. Granted, Hill made plays that helped Patrick be other worldly as well, but it's not like we haven't seen Mahomes make many eye-popping plays to other guys. We've never seen Hill consistently make crazy plays without Mahomes. It will be interesting.
[Reply]
Chargem 07:49 AM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
You have to admit though, it's going to be interesting to see if Hill will truly thrive. I mean, he started with Alex, but never really blew up into the receiving threat that he is until Mahomes. Patrick can make throws that allowed Hill to be other worldly. Granted, Hill made plays that helped Patrick be other worldly as well, but it's not like we haven't seen Mahomes make many eye-popping plays to other guys. We've never seen Hill consistently make crazy plays without Mahomes. It will be interesting.
Tyreek had a 1200 yard season in 2017 with Alex, including 7 touchdowns and 9 plays of 40 or more yards.

Unless your definition of "blew up" is different to mine?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:54 AM 04-24-2022

You're misremembering that 2017 season a bit. Alex Smith was, statistically speaking, the best deep passer in the league that year thanks entirely to Tyreek.

Hill is incredible and would thrive in any system with any QB.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:12 AM 04-24-2022
Teams have changed how they play Tyreek since then, though.

So it will indeed be interesting to see how a QB with average talent can use him when defenses are determined to keep not only Tyreek in front of them, but Waddle, too.

Alex was throwing a lot of moon balls over people's heads for his big plays this year. You can't really do that anymore.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:15 AM 04-24-2022
moving on
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:42 AM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
You're misremembering that 2017 season a bit. Alex Smith was, statistically speaking, the best deep passer in the league that year thanks entirely to Tyreek.

Hill is incredible and would thrive in any system with any QB.
OK, good point. But I still say, he's not going to do nearly as well as he has with Patrick. I don't think he'll be near the difference maker with the Dolphins as he was with the Chiefs. I think at the end of the day, as long as we have Patrick and Andy, we came out the better for the trade.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:58 AM 04-24-2022
Tyreek watching Yellowstone to perfect the slide stop
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:11 AM 04-24-2022
Sorry to say that unless the Chiefs are on I'll be watching Hill play just out of curiosity.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:16 AM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Teams have changed how they play Tyreek since then, though.

So it will indeed be interesting to see how a QB with average talent can use him when defenses are determined to keep not only Tyreek in front of them, but Waddle, too.

Alex was throwing a lot of moon balls over people's heads for his big plays this year. You can't really do that anymore.

We just watched this dude house 60 yard end-arounds through traffic, punt returns, kick returns, etc. for 6 years and y'all really already forgot.

That simple square-in late in the 4th against the Bills in the Divisional Round goes the distance with exactly one player in the entire league. Hill is the only one... ok, maaaaaybe Jamar Chase. But that's a big maybe.

Any player as gifted as Tyreek with the football in his hands will do fine anywhere.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:19 AM 04-24-2022
OK, good point. But I still say, he's not going to do nearly as well as he has with Patrick. I don't think he'll be near the difference maker with the Dolphins as he was with the Chiefs. I think at the end of the day, as long as we have Patrick and Andy, we came out the better for the trade.

I can agree with that. Anyone who is expecting Hill to produce at or above the level he has been with Mahomes is probably just a Dolphins fan.

He will still be a great player in Miami, though. His talent is undeniable.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:21 AM 04-24-2022
And yet he was rendered useless in the second half of the Bengals game

Did you know 45% of Tyreek's yards came in FOUR of his games last year?

He had ONE touchdown the final seven weeks of the regular season.

Now remove Mahomes from the equation.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:27 AM 04-24-2022

We're blaming Hill for that now? Mahomes played possibly the worst half a QB has played in the postseason in the last decade and it had absolutely nothing to do with Hill or Kelce or the offensive line.

I don't care about any of that. Our offense was trash for like half the year, including Mahomey who looked like a bag of smashed assholes for a solid 6 week stretch in the middle of the season.

A player like Hill is never useless. Even when he's not impacting the stat sheet, he's drawing double coverages which opens up opportunities for other guys on the field.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:32 AM 04-24-2022
I'm actually not blaming Hill. I'm saying there is a style of defense that can, at times, render him rather ineffective in the course of a game outside drawing coverage.

The Chiefs failed to counter that style of defense often enough in the end. Can the Dolphins do it with a lesser QB? Good luck.

Hill himself also proved to be more prone to drops against this style of defense.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:42 AM 04-24-2022

He made Alex Smith a 4000 yard passing QB.

Alex. Fucking. Smith.
[Reply]
Page 133 of 199
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143183 > Last »
Up