ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 133 of 186
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143183 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Marcellus 08:35 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Never said he was a bust, 2 coverage sacks and 1 on a practice squad QB. That's roleplayer stuff.

The glare of your Rose colored glasses, are blinding you.

If Karlaftis wasn't then we wouldn't be complaining about the passrush.
You really are retarded aren't you? Oh well Ill let you just keep making a fool of yourself, you obviously have no desire to admit you are talking out your ass.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 08:57 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I could never imagine someone complaining about a coverage sack :-)
When we see Patrick scrambling downfield for a long run or first down we should all recognize how valuable a "coverage sack" is.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:23 AM 12-14-2022
This is the problem with saying a guy is going to suck with zero reason and then rooting for your own shitty opinion to come true.

I've been guilty of it myself and try not to do that. I thought Bolton was going to suck but the difference is I admitted it almost immediately instead of trying to hold on to my crap opinion.

That's the difference and it has to do with ego. Tribal are you so fucking fragile you can't admit when you're wrong? Because you are.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:25 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Never said he was a bust, 2 coverage sacks and 1 on a practice squad QB. That's roleplayer stuff.

The glare of your Rose colored glasses, are blinding you.

If Karlaftis wasn't then we wouldn't be complaining about the passrush.
So coverage sacks don’t count as sacks? Bruce Smith has the all time record for sacks. Should those be reevaluated to see which ones are coverage sacks and which ones weren’t? DE is not the easiest position to come into and make an immediate impact outside of being a generational talent (Von and Myles) or sheer luck (Crosby). It’s clear you don’t like Karlaftis which is why you say those supporting him are wearing rose colored glasses. What color glasses are you wearing as you are being hyper critical of him despite evidence showing he’s not bad and still improving?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:29 AM 12-14-2022
I'll never understand the Chiefsfan urge to declare a rookie is 'trash' and then try to will it to be true.

Even picks I wasn't crazy about, I WANT to be wrong. Hell, I wasn't high on Karlaftis pre-draft.

There are some people on this board that really don't deserve this era of Chiefs. They deserve some Bill Kenney or Matt Cassel bullshit.
[Reply]
Grim 09:38 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
So coverage sacks don’t count as sacks? Bruce Smith has the all time record for sacks. Should those be reevaluated to see which ones are coverage sacks and which ones weren’t? DE is not the easiest position to come into and make an immediate impact outside of being a generational talent (Von and Myles) or sheer luck (Crosby). It’s clear you don’t like Karlaftis which is why you say those supporting him are wearing rose colored glasses. What color glasses are you wearing as you are being hyper critical of him despite evidence showing he’s not bad and still improving?
They still go into the record books the same. There are no asterisks.

Been looking for the Dick Vermeil quote from when Michael Strahan broke the sack record. Can't find the quote anywhere, though.
I remember him downplaying the fact that Strahan broke the record.... said something to the effect of, "Most of those were bags, not sacks."
Referring to many of his sacks as "coverage sacks".
Wish I could find the clip or a writeup with the quote..... point is, Vermeil wasn't as impressed with Strahan's pass rushing ability as he was with the Giants' secondary.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 09:40 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'll never understand the Chiefsfan urge to declare a rookie is 'trash' and then try to will it to be true.

Even picks I wasn't crazy about, I WANT to be wrong. Hell, I wasn't high on Karlaftis pre-draft.

There are some people on this board that really don't deserve this era of Chiefs. They deserve some Bill Kenney or Matt Cassel bullshit.
Especially with George it’s annoying. He started fb late, his college career happened during Covid. Including a shortened season. And he just turned 21 in April. Relax. I doubt he’s ever a top 5 guy, but if he gets to Hendrickson level, it’s a home run.

BTW. He leads the league in batted balls. Which isn’t exactly a flukey thing. And those can be as impactful as a sack
[Reply]
tredadda 09:42 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Grim:
They still go into the record books the same. There are no asterisks.

Been looking for the Dick Vermeil quote from when Michael Strahan broke the sack record. Can't find the quote anywhere, though.
I remember him downplaying the fact that Strahan broke the record.... said something to the effect of, "Most of those were bags, not sacks."
Referring to many of his sacks as "coverage sacks".
Wish I could find the clip or a writeup with the quote..... point is, Vermeil wasn't as impressed with Strahan's pass rushing ability as he was with the Giants' secondary.
At the end of the day though Strahan is in the HOF regardless of how Vermeil felt about him as a pass rusher. Way too many stats in football are a result of events beyond just individual effort, especially QB stats.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:46 AM 12-14-2022
Look, pass rushing at the NFL is a little like pitching at the major league level. Yeah, you've got your go-to fastball and a curve, and that works in the minors, but to be a great pitcher, you need a really good third pitch and maybe even a fourth.

So a Karlaftis gets drafted, and he's a big, strong kid who bullied guys in college, and maybe he's got heavy hands and little secondary move but he needed more than that to win in the NFL.

So earlier in the year, he was juuuuuust coming up short, not quite getting there. But there's clear improvement, and we're starting to see some stats to back that up. He's showing some different techniques, and he's getting pressures, batted balls, and now the sacks are starting to come.

So, you know, you can wish he was a speed rusher that just blows by OT's at the snap, but that'll never be his game. Expecting that is dumb, and hating the pick because he wasn't that is even dumber. Lots of great pass rushers that win primarily with power in the NFL. Karlaftis is getting better every week.

If anything, he needs to clean up the missed tackles, there were a few this week. Of course, the whole team checked out mid-way through the second quarter and luckily checked back IN just in time to close it out.

He's going to be a building block.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:53 AM 12-14-2022
I'll bet Tribal Warfare goes to a McDonald's and complains to the staff, "I thought you guys were FAST food. The Burger King down the street had my food out to me at least a minute quicker."
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:54 AM 12-14-2022
Karlaftis literally barely missed two sacks where his get off was a major factor, not power or coverage.

Tribal is going to eat shit over the next month...hell probably Sunday.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:56 AM 12-14-2022
He's been fine. He will never be the flashy 15 sack Von Miller type. He's way more Ryan Kerrigan 8 sack ceiling type and that's ok
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:01 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
He's been fine. He will never be the flashy 15 sack Von Miller type. He's way more Ryan Kerrigan 8 sack ceiling type and that's ok
Why can't he be the Tamba Hali 14.5 sack guy
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:03 AM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I bet he gets 8 in the regular season as a rookie. I see no reason he can't be a perennial 10 sack guy moving forward.
[Reply]
O.city 10:11 AM 12-14-2022
There just aren’t many “10 per year write it down” sack guys in the league.

If he’s a 6-8 guy, that’s great
[Reply]
Page 133 of 186
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143183 > Last »
Up