ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 132 of 369
« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142182232 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:23 PM 01-20-2016
Originally Posted by chinaski:

My '73 Corvette
My buddy and I restored his '72, nearly identical, except his has t-tops.

How are your headlight pumps holding up?
:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:30 PM 01-20-2016
Originally Posted by chinaski:

My '73 Corvette
Fantastic!
[Reply]
chinaski 07:46 PM 01-20-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
My buddy and I restored his '72, nearly identical, except his has t-tops.

How are your headlight pumps holding up? :-)
LOL.

This is a Coupe too, T-Tops.

4 Speed Car, Muncie.

I had a head problem with the OEM motor, and had an engine built by a respected builder, in Colorado Springs. Vortecpro, Mark Jones.

I did the install myself. Had the trans rebuilt at Box and Gear in Van Nuys, CA. McLeod Clutch, AED (Holley) Double Pumper, Isky Cam. Bastardized Mid Length Headers going into Magnaflows. Engine dyno showed around 450 at the crank with comparable torque levels. Small Block. Probably one of the last Mark is gonna build, he is a big block guy.

In short, the car is a money pit. Cam is a bit rowdy, so there is a few vac issues with the headlights. I replaced all the actuators and cans etc, got new hoses and installed some of it, but am still having issues with my lights. They are the bitch on these cars.

Wife and I bought a cabin in the Mountains, so the car project has sat for awhile. It runs like a scalded dog, still need to do some tuning on it, but it'll scratch easily through second. Honestly I'm a bit scared of it! :-)
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:57 PM 01-20-2016
Don't know if you guys are a fan of Motor Trend Magazine but they have a YouTube channel..the Roadkill videos I am a huge fan of but they have come out with a new series called Engine Masters

They run engines on a dyno and then see how much power gains they get from bolt on mods

Newest video was a basically stock 5.7 Hemi they tried to get to produce as much power as the Hellcat

If someone can look it up and embed that would be cool since I'm on my phone
[Reply]
chinaski 08:34 PM 01-20-2016
Originally Posted by mac459:
Don't know if you guys are a fan of Motor Trend Magazine but they have a YouTube channel..the Roadkill videos I am a huge fan of but they have come out with a new series called Engine Masters

They run engines on a dyno and then see how much power gains they get from bolt on mods

Newest video was a basically stock 5.7 Hemi they tried to get to produce as much power as the Hellcat

If someone can look it up and embed that would be cool since I'm on my phone
I love Roadkill, avid reader Hot Rod for years. Finnegan and Freiburger are great! I actually live a few blocks away from Elana Scherr, one of the Hot Rod Staff Editors. I see her cruising one of her old Mopars from time to time. I even saw her once in the Opel GT she was messing around with. She's kinda cute!
[Reply]
lewdog 01:22 PM 01-23-2016
Barrett-Jackson starting and none of you real gearheads are talking about it?!?!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:40 PM 01-23-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Barrett-Jackson starting and none of you real gearheads are talking about it?!?!
I watched Mecum auctions for a while this afternoon off the DVR. All kinds of old school Cudas, Mustangs, Chevelles. Quite a few went for $300K+.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:51 PM 01-29-2016
Hey Jasonsauto. Did you get some rims?
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:22 PM 01-29-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Hey Jasonsauto. Did you get some rims?
Yes and no. Damn can't believe I didn't update that. They got here and ups had scratched the shit out of one.

But I've got 3. Lol. Gonna lower the back a couple inches too. Almost just went with a 4-6 but I think I'll wait till the suspension warranty is up. Gotta grind down the upper ball joint stud on a 4x4. But they look good. Lol
[Reply]
hometeam 09:27 PM 01-29-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Yes and no. Damn can't believe I didn't update that. They got here and ups had scratched the shit out of one.

But I've got 3. Lol. Gonna lower the back a couple inches too. Almost just went with a 4-6 but I think I'll wait till the suspension warranty is up. Gotta grind down the upper ball joint stud on a 4x4. But they look good. Lol

all you man.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:33 PM 01-29-2016
Originally Posted by hometeam:

all you man.
I qd it in the thread in the picture forum.

The kit is ten grand I think.My wife sent me the video of them taking it to dealerships.

Maybe if it makes it to 100000 that will be it's present lol
[Reply]
hometeam 09:40 PM 01-29-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I qd it in the thread in the picture forum.

The kit is ten grand I think.My wife sent me the video of them taking it to dealerships.

Maybe if it makes it to 100000 that will be it's present lol
It will make it. Both motors are bulletproof.

I have been swatting away a little idea that keeps trying to bury its claws in me...

if i can find the funds im really feeling turboing my T/A~
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:43 PM 01-29-2016
Speaking of rims, saw these recently and wondered what people's aesthetic reaction was. Too much? On the edge, but good fit and finish? Badass? What.

[Reply]
Dayze 09:51 PM 01-29-2016
Do not like.
Personally.

way to fuck up a perfectly good Ferrari.
IMO
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:11 PM 01-29-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Speaking of rims, saw these recently and wondered what people's aesthetic reaction was. Too much? On the edge, but good fit and finish? Badass? What.

I like the white and red combo but i wouldn't do it myself.

I really like a dark satin grey with lime green/black accents. But the sponsors and shark teeth are stupid.
[Reply]
Page 132 of 369
« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142182232 > Last »
Up