ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 132 of 166
« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 08:45 PM 04-30-2016
Try Mission Bows..they are made by Matthews but are cheaper..I got one a few years ago and it shoots just as good as my dad's Matthew's he bought the same day
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:57 PM 04-30-2016
Brag time....tagged my Osceola in Florida in April then tagged out in Mo with 2 birds. Osceola finished my Grand Slam. Love the new Benelli SBE II. Birds are done when the big dog barks
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:01 PM 04-30-2016
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Brag time....tagged my Osceola in Florida in April then tagged out in Mo with 2 birds. Osceola finished my Grand Slam. Love the new Benelli SBE II. Birds are done when the big dog barks
Good job man
[Reply]
Delaney37 09:35 AM 05-01-2016
Congrats on your grand slam! I'm thinking of replacing my 870 with a semi-auto and the SBE II is on my radar. What shell and choke combo are you using and what barrel length with yours? Link below to the one I'm looking at. Thanks.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/shoot...Tz_stype%3DGNU
[Reply]
Jerm 05:23 PM 08-15-2016
Getting the itch this week....we're getting close......
[Reply]
OctoberFart 10:50 PM 08-15-2016
You guys should try some quality airguns like FX. Watch the youtube videos call ted's holdover and you can see what they can do. I'm sure someone has one on here.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:18 PM 08-16-2016
Originally Posted by OctoberFart:
You guys should try some quality airguns like FX. Watch the youtube videos call ted's holdover and you can see what they can do. I'm sure someone has one on here.
I use a Beeman 22 cal pellet rifle. Spits pills out at a lil over 800fps.. 200 + squirrels have fallen to its awesome power
[Reply]
Sofa King 05:50 AM 09-24-2016
Holy fucking shit fellas. It's opening day of archery deer today. I havent been too optimistic this year as the EHD has swep through pretty hard. I thought I'd sit today anyways, see if anything made it. So i get everything ready to go, head to my spot and open the door and grab my bow out of the back. I almost died. Swarms of fucking mosquitos. Giant balls of mosquitos flying into my truck. In 30 seconds I'm guessing i had over 100 in the truck. I tried to make it to the stand anyways, NOPE! I was battling them outta my headlight like crazy. I turned around about 30 feet in. Rolled the windows down and went like hell! Fuck this. It needs to freeze hard soon.
[Reply]
Sofa King 05:52 AM 09-24-2016
Even sitting in my truck now, with all the lights off watching a field, i can see a shitload of them flying into my windows. Unreal.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 10:30 AM 09-24-2016
Getting a lot of good pic on cams. Need to check two cameras today. Some pretty special bucks were around for three weeks but i think the boys are starting to split up.
[Reply]
Sofa King 11:16 AM 09-24-2016
Getting a lot of good pic on cams. Need to check two cameras today. Some pretty special bucks were around for three weeks but i think the boys are starting to split up.

[Reply]
Buehler445 12:47 PM 09-24-2016
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Holy fucking shit fellas. It's opening day of archery deer today. I havent been too optimistic this year as the EHD has swep through pretty hard. I thought I'd sit today anyways, see if anything made it. So i get everything ready to go, head to my spot and open the door and grab my bow out of the back. I almost died. Swarms of fucking mosquitos. Giant balls of mosquitos flying into my truck. In 30 seconds I'm guessing i had over 100 in the truck. I tried to make it to the stand anyways, NOPE! I was battling them outta my headlight like crazy. I turned around about 30 feet in. Rolled the windows down and went like hell! Fuck this. It needs to freeze hard soon.
The last time I went to the Black Hills those damn things were basically blood sucking pterodactyls.
[Reply]
ghak99 04:36 PM 09-24-2016
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Even sitting in my truck now, with all the lights off watching a field, i can see a shitload of them flying into my windows. Unreal.
They're terrible here this year too. The damn deer can wait until they get knocked down some.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:25 PM 09-24-2016
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I probably wouldn't hunt deer with a .223/556 if I had another option.

.308 in an AR platform would be better...but there are also other caliber options including .243. I've used .556 for coyotes, but the noise of the action are the biggest downfall for me(and weight with a bull barrel). At the very least, you HAVE to use a hunting round. High likelihood it will just pass through without a knockdown.

Unfortunately for me, all of my guns fell out of the wagon when it flooded as we forded the river.
Agree with this all day long. .243 is probably the best overall Whitetail gun I've ever used. Light, solid in the brush, shoots flat, has just enough knockdown power for bigger bucks.

Shooting at a moderate distance, I prefer a .270.

Also have a .30-30, iron sights only, that I use when I want to go trudging through the swamps.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:12 PM 09-24-2016
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Agree with this all day long. .243 is probably the best overall Whitetail gun I've ever used. Light, solid in the brush, shoots flat, has just enough knockdown power for bigger bucks.

Shooting at a moderate distance, I prefer a .270.

Also have a .30-30, iron sights only, that I use when I want to go trudging through the swamps.
I've got a 30-30 my pops bought me when I was born. Iron sights, it's probably my favorite gun
[Reply]
Page 132 of 166
« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142 > Last »
Up