ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 130 of 173
« First < 3080120126127128129130 131132133134140 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****
Dante84 06:41 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Mahomes knew Rashee Rice was his guy after throwing with him in Dallas.@AdamLefkoe with the scoop �� pic.twitter.com/X8ZAab22kM

— B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) April 29, 2023

Rashee Rice | WR | SMU

One of the best WR prospects at the catch point and winning leverage mid-route. He consistently sets up defenders to put them on his back, locates the ball, and attacks it at the highest point.

Skill set is wild for a 6' 200lb WR. pic.twitter.com/ClxW4SJvi5

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 16, 2023

Rashee Rice was drafted with pick 55 of round 2 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 9.53 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 145 out of 3062 WR from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/lwD9tvVPvv pic.twitter.com/YjucxErSE1

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:16 PM 12-12-2023
Question - why do these guys line up with their legs spread so far apart?

I was always taught to line up on the inside leg but also to have my weight between my front and back legs to allow me to drive off the front leg and get a slightly quicker start.

These guys have their back leg rocked so far back that their first movement is to gather. It's odd. The first heartbeat of every route is...nothing. It's almost a little crow hope to get their feet under them.

Am I smoking crack here? Is there a reasonable explanation for it that I'm overlooking? Because EVERYONE does it like that, not just the Chiefs. From a strictly educational standpoint, is there something mechanically that I'm missing here? There just doesn't seem any real benefit to having that back leg as deep as it is.
[Reply]
-King- 12:20 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
sex

Slants to him are just free money. As soon as he catches the ball with momentum he turns into a running back. Spam that shit.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:24 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Question - why do these guys line up with their legs spread so far apart?

I was always taught to line up on the inside leg but also to have my weight between my front and back legs to allow me to drive off the front leg and get a slightly quicker start.

These guys have their back leg rocked so far back that their first movement is to gather. It's odd. The first heartbeat of every route is...nothing. It's almost a little crow hope to get their feet under them.

Am I smoking crack here? Is there a reasonable explanation for it that I'm overlooking? Because EVERYONE does it like that, not just the Chiefs. From a strictly educational standpoint, is there something mechanically that I'm missing here? There just doesn't seem any real benefit to having that back leg as deep as it is.
https://footballadvantage.com/wide-receiver-stance/

Good article and video
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:26 PM 12-12-2023
The 2nd and 3 catch on that final drive was also excellent.

https://www.chiefs.com/video/patrick...tch-in-blanket

Perfectly executed throw and catch; one of those catches Rice can't make, no less...
Rice was mugged on this play too by a defender not looking back for the ball. No call.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:29 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
https://footballadvantage.com/wide-receiver-stance/

Good article and video
So it looks like the reason the back leg is that far back is to create potential energy in the calf; if it's further forward, you don't have that back foot flexed and taut so it's not as ready to spring forward at the snap.

By having the leg further back, you can drive the heel down a little bit deeper to create tension in the back calf and essentially coil the spring to burst off the line.

I suppose that makes sense.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:33 PM 12-12-2023
So it looks like the reason the back leg is that far back is to create potential energy in the calf; if it's further forward, you don't have that back foot flexed and taut so it's not as ready to spring forward at the snap.

By having the leg further back, you can drive the heel down a little bit deeper to create tension in the back calf and essentially coil the spring to burst off the line.

I suppose that makes sense.
Yep, it's all about first step and getting up to speed. It definitely looks counterintuitive.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:36 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Yep, it's all about first step and getting up to speed. It definitely looks counterintuitive.
I knew there had to be a reason for it; like I said - everyone does it.

You appear to essentially want your weight as far forward as you can reasonably have it while still getting a little traction from the toes on your back leg as you drive off. Anything more than that is wasted energy; anything less and your back leg is essentially along for the ride.

So in getting that weight transfer the only way to get that calf fully 'engaged' on the back side is to have your leg way the hell back there. Yeah - that checks out.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:10 PM 12-12-2023
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-rookies...-after-week-14

Originally Posted by :
3. WR RASHEE RICE, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: 84.0
While he may have lost a fumble this week, Rice has been exceptional with the ball in his hands. The Chiefs receiver has averaged 8.0 yards after the catch per reception, the highest mark among qualifying first-year receivers. That ability after the catch has amounted to an impressive 2.35 yards per route run and a 125.4 passer rating when targeted, both of which rank second in the class.
Rashee Rice gets 3rd highest PFF grade in rookie class.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:37 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-rookies...-after-week-14

Rashee Rice gets 3rd highest PFF grade in rookie class.
Dude has one of the weirdest gear ratios I've ever seen

Running routes he looks plenty quick enough to be solid but not spectacular, yet the second the ball is secured he magically grows an elite jet on his ass

Its almost like he's sandbagging defenses until he gets the ball in his hands

He's saving that Madden burst button for the perfect occasion
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:41 PM 12-12-2023
He's phenomenal
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:22 PM 12-12-2023
I’m beating a dead horse here, but is Reddit right that Skyy and MVS still had a higher snap count than Rice?
[Reply]
staylor26 06:26 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I’m beating a dead horse here, but is Reddit right that Skyy and MVS still had a higher snap count than Rice?
Lol no.

Rice played 84% of the snaps. The next guy was Watson with 55%.

Skyy played 35% and MVS played 34%.

Not even remotely close, and proof that Reddit is a terrible place for football discussion.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 06:28 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
No. Rice had the most snaps.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:31 PM 12-12-2023
Hell yeah, boys. That didn’t feel right and the truth is a sign of good things to come.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 06:38 PM 12-12-2023
Not sure if it's Nagy, Reid, or a combination of both, but whoever is responsible for not designing plays to get the ball in Rice's hands more often is criminally negligent. Anyone calling plays ever heard of a damn jet sweep?

Use him the way the Niners use Deebo. Give him swing passes that are essentially running plays. Clear out the middle and have him run a short crossing pattern - same play the Niners run for Deebo multiple times a game. Hell, line him up in the backfield. We do it with Toney - who is clearly an inferior player compared to Rice - so I have no idea why in the hell we don't give Rice a chance to take a few handoffs.

The fact that he doesn't touch the ball more often blows my freaking mind, and pisses me off.
[Reply]
Page 130 of 173
« First < 3080120126127128129130 131132133134140 > Last »
Up