ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 15
« First < 3910111213 1415 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Hurricane Milton is a CAT 5 and Coming for Florida
Otter 03:35 AM Yesterday
Don't start being shy now mods to update and links...

Blow by Blow

On the Ground

https://www.youtube.com/live/NLhxcyz...zEXFzc7SMzsByZ

[Reply]
Otter 10:15 AM Today
Anyone want to go surfing?

[Reply]
Mosbonian 10:21 AM Today
Originally Posted by Lzen:
My wife and I have thought of moving to Florida. Yeah, you have the occasional hurricane that you have to deal with but it's a tropical paradise, and I absolutely hate Kansas winters. I can handle the heat and humidity. Hell, we have that in Kansas, sometimes (many times) the temp is higher here in July/August than in Florida. And yeah, Florida humidity and sun is worse but it's not like it is that much better here.

That being said, I will admit that hurricanes like this one make me think that maybe I'm better not ever moving to Florida. :-) One of my best buds from Kansas moved there 25 years ago. They live in Lakeland and usually don't have much to deal with. But there have been 2 or 3 over those years that were pretty bad. I'm definitely praying for them.
We live just outside of Jacksonville.....and I am glad that we moved here. I grew tired of snow and ice and the sub zero temps in the heartland.

We moved here in October of 2016....3 days later while we were still unboxing things Hurricane Matthew hit. We were lucky and never lost power. Our neighborhood is about 50 miles inland from the coast so most of what we saw was a lot of rain and some high winds. The same time the following year we had Hurricane Irma and lost power fir 2 hours.

We are lucky where we live...a power substation near our neighborhood with all the power lines underground. All this to say that where you live can play a factor in how enjoyable life in Florida can be.

I am glad we moved here....it beats shoveling snow, scraping ice off my windshield or wearing heavy coats in winter weather. I can play golf year round and have pretty much gotten rid of all my winter gear...

Yes it is freaking hot in the summer...but eventually you get used to it.(Except on game day when the Jags play the Chiefs in Aug/September and it is over 100 degrees. )
[Reply]
Mecca 10:28 AM Today
I've actually been to Siesta key so that's lame.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 10:29 AM Today
To add....I grew up outside of KC in a small town that flooded with regularity every year for the most part. All it took was a 2 day rain and we had to evacuate....and Tornado Watches/Warnings were all too common in the spring/summer.

Weather is bad no matter where you live...it just depends on your ability to tolerate the inconvenience.
[Reply]
bsp4444 10:36 AM Today
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
yep, Anna Marie looks to be a direct hit. We love that town. It has that Key West feel to it. White soft sand beaches. Really cool and unique shops.

It's flat there. That'll be huge loss to see it take a direct hit.
They also have a height restriction on buildings, which means no huge condos. We love going there, too.
[Reply]
seamonster 10:38 AM Today
Any good feeds? Watching this dude. Seems to be a few significant tornadoes on the ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-V_YnmER0Y
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:47 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
I am glad we moved here....it beats shoveling snow, scraping ice off my windshield or wearing heavy coats in winter weather. I can play golf year round and have pretty much gotten rid of all my winter gear...

Yes it is freaking hot in the summer...but eventually you get used to it.(Except on game day when the Jags play the Chiefs in Aug/September and it is over 100 degrees. )
The overall lifestyle change from the midwest can't be overstated (personally talking AZ, but a lot of the same applies to FL)... it's still amazing to me that Arizona can go months without significant cloud cover, much less rain. . Golf, camping, hiking, ATVs, all year... even simple things like grilling outdoors, sitting outside to eat, opening up the house, etc.
[Reply]
scho63 11:00 AM Today
Talked to 4 Floridians in the past 24 hours; 1 in Tampa, 2 in Ft Meyers and 1 in Orlando.

They are all very nervous and taking this very serious after what happened in North Carolina a few weeks back.

They are trying to find ways to minimize damage but not so easy. :-) :-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:01 AM Today
Alligator Alley in far western Broward…

[Reply]
TLO 11:02 AM Today
Originally Posted by seamonster:
Any good feeds? Watching this dude. Seems to be a few significant tornadoes on the ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-V_YnmER0Y
Ryan Hall is a good watch for any type of extreme weather.
[Reply]
kevrunner 11:25 AM Today
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
Alligator Alley in far western Broward…

I don’t know if this is the same tornado or not, this was in the Everglades a few hours ago.

Just saw a tornado forming over the Everglades from the turnpike pic.twitter.com/JKRknLUKtK

— trisarahtops (@sarahlo_aww) October 9, 2024

[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:26 AM Today
Originally Posted by Otter:
Is that normal for the water to recede like that?

When I was looking at this feed earlier the "shore line" was much further inland.
It depends on which side of the storm you're on. South side = water gets pushed onshore, North side = water gets pulled out.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 11:31 AM Today
Gonna be a real bitch for Floridians to get homeowners after these 2 storms.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:37 AM Today
Originally Posted by PatMahomesIsGod:
Gonna be a real bitch for Floridians to get homeowners after these 2 storms.
It already was
[Reply]
neech 11:38 AM Today
We need a Live feed link in the OP.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 15
« First < 3910111213 1415 >
Up