Calcountry 08:52 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Sickening seeing young guys about to become stars get hurt
Reminds me of that scene in the movie “Friday Night Lights.”
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:32 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BWillie:
They will probably tbh why not
Why not simply preemptively suspend him for however many games he's likely to miss (assuming it doesn't somehow screw up his rehab)? Why not go ahead and don the black hat that has become so comfortable for us anyway?

"The KC Chiefs suspend Rashee Rice 20 games for his involvement in a car accident..."

What is the League going to do, suggest 20 games isn't enough?!?
[Reply]
New World Order 09:39 PM Yesterday
Mahomes looked more comfy when Rice left.

Seems like he relied more on Kelce in the middle of the field and took some shots deep.
[Reply]
Kuhbr 09:53 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Why not simply preemptively suspend him for however many games he's likely to miss (assuming it doesn't somehow screw up his rehab)? Why not go ahead and don the black hat that has become so comfortable for us anyway?

"The KC Chiefs suspend Rashee Rice 20 games for his involvement in a car accident..."

What is the League going to do, suggest 20 games isn't enough?!?
I've only seen that tried in college sports and it's usually because the NCAA takes forever to make disciplinary decisions and the teams are trying to get the suspension done when they are playing lesser opponents. Never seen anyone try it when the player is also injured and wouldn't be able to play anyway lol
[Reply]
RunKC Yesterday, 09:56 PM
This message has been deleted by RunKC.
New World Order 09:58 PM Yesterday
Even wiht Rice and Brown out I think we're still the favorites in the AFC.

We'll get it done
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:08 PM Yesterday
A sad day in terms of losing Rice for a while, sadly for a long while I suspect. I'm happy we have JJSS, but this might very well have a terrible affect on the remainder of our season. I hope game prep, being ready to go from the coin toss, needs to be a very blunt conversation with this squad.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:34 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Has our luck been all that great though?

In 2019, we won the Super Bowl despite getting beat to shit with injuries all year. Some of those guys came back but we even had to sign Suggs because we lost so many DEs.

We pretty much were always dealing with injuries to Watkins and Clark.

We lost a Super Bowl due to like 5 OL injuries and opt outs.

Mahomes has had multiple lower leg injuries and even got pulled from a playoff game for getting choked out.

Just because the Chiefs overcome it normally doesn’t mean we’ve been all that fortunate. Shit, we just won a Super Bowl despite losing our best OL and a key pass rusher in the AFCCG. Even the backup to that OL got hurt. That would’ve been a reasonable excuse for losing to the 49ers.

Every NFL team is gonna be banged up from year to year. That’s expected. We have been fortunate, prior to this year, to avoid the major season ending injuries to star players. Kelce has never missed more than a few games (since he became the starter). Same with Jones. Hill never missed much time and obviously we’ve only lost Pat for a handful of games. The types of injuries we are dealing with now to Brown and especially Rice, in terms of losing skill position players, is relatively new to this group.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:29 PM Yesterday
On a side note, I bet Mike Florio loves that Rice had a season ending injury
[Reply]
IrishChief 11:52 PM Yesterday
My guess is ACL, just praying its not severe and non-surgical
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 04:40 AM Today
Sad.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:46 AM Today
Reids reaction led me to believe he failed the trainers ACL test
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 04:54 AM Today
Man, I’m so bummed out about this. He was off to a phenomenal start this year. It feels like we are back to where we’re on WR’s last year. I know we still won the superbowl but it felt like maybe the defense wouldn’t have to do so much heavy lifting again this year. SMH
[Reply]
LoneWolf 05:38 AM Today
After Tennessee goes 0-4 tonight, you call them up and offer them a 3rd round pick in next years draft and a 6th in the 2026 draft for Dhop. You realease Skyy Moore and you sign Toney off of the Browns' practice squad (he knows the offense and has 1st round talent.)

Your WR room then looks like this:

1. DeAndre Hopkins
2. Xavier Worthy
3. JuJu
4. Watson
5. Hardman
6. Toney

You can win a Super Bowl with that WR room. You also start running more 2-3 tight end sets and use Hunt, Pacheco, Perine to beat down defenses.
[Reply]
O.city 06:40 AM Today
The Toney bridge is burned I'd move on there.

But the 1 good thing about this atleast is he did it early. So theoretically, he should be able to be back and ready to go by next year.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:49 AM Today
Originally Posted by IrishChief:
My guess is ACL, just praying its not severe and non-surgical
Clinically if it’s torn they already know , the way Reid talked about it , they know it’s torn and they hope nothing else major is involved
[Reply]
Page 13 of 18
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up