ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Nzoner's Game Room>Anthony Richardson is going to be a problem before long.
Direckshun 09:38 AM 10-04-2023
Look at his game, here. Shane Steichen may have done it again. First he turned Jalen Hurts into what looks like a Top 5 QB, and Richardson... my god.

Just, look at this tape. Richardson may end up being better.

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:53 PM Today
Well it's clear the Colts need to move on. He's not the answer.

But due to where he was drafted we will see how long they continue to try and force him down Colts fans throats.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:55 PM Today
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Well it's clear the Colts need to move on. He's not the answer.

But due to where he was drafted we will see how long they continue to try and force him down Colts fans throats.
He’s just in year two so they have some time before they have to make a decision about a second contract… which seems like a no brainer not to at this point.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 02:57 PM Today
I remember standing in the crowd at the draft when the colts traded up to take Richardson. There was a group of colts fans near us that were freaking out they were so excited to get Richardson. Funny how things work out…
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:09 PM Today
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I remember standing in the crowd at the draft when the colts traded up to take Richardson. There was a group of colts fans near us that were freaking out they were so excited to get Richardson. Funny how things work out…
QB can be a tough position to draft. Teams and fans get so excited about a QB prospects potential it can cloud their judgement. Both with draft position and QB contracts.

Hopefully with all these huge QB contracts that are not working out this will change but we will see. At least with drafting if it doesn't work out, you aren't stuck w a salary cap killing contract for years.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:21 PM Today
This guy was a top 3-5 fantasy QB in most projections. People thought he was just going to magically turn into something he showed zero signs of last season all while not playing. Reality is everything we see now is just a continuation of last season. There appears to be zero progression.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 03:27 PM Today
I remember before the draft everyone picking him to go top 5. I thought that the draft guru's were wrong. I mean, I could see that he was trash and I'm just some guy with very limited information and qualifications. When he actually went to Indy, I thought, maybe I don't know as much as I think I do. But here we are. The guy is absolutely trash in the NFL. I just don't get it. How can these scouting experts get something so wrong when common fans knew better?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:56 PM Today
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I remember before the draft everyone picking him to go top 5. I thought that the draft guru's were wrong. I mean, I could see that he was trash and I'm just some guy with very limited information and qualifications. When he actually went to Indy, I thought, maybe I don't know as much as I think I do. But here we are. The guy is absolutely trash in the NFL. I just don't get it. How can these scouting experts get something so wrong when common fans knew better?
Here is his draft profile:

Overview
Dual-threat quarterback with an elite physical profile and a lot of work that needs to be done to reach a potentially high ceiling. Richardson’s frame, arm talent and mobility will demand respect as a potential first-round option. He has the ability to make plays on the move that very few of his NFL peers will be able to make. However, but his accuracy on short and simple throws left much to be desired due, in part, to shoddy footwork and inconsistent rhythm. The footwork issues can be corrected, but the challenge will be determining whether he can be at least a functionally accurate passer at the next level. Richardson’s potential to strike with the deep ball, attack the secondary from sideline to sideline and gash teams with his legs creates greater leeway in his projection as a developmental prospect. Ultimately, he will succeed or fail based on his ability to play with better post-snap recognition and deliver the football with consistency.

Seems pretty accurate honestly. Colts just got too excited because of the position and his athletic gifts.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:20 PM Today
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I’m a Florida fan who watched the guy in college and was shocked to see that he would be a top pick given how raw he was.

That said, he was a boom-or-bust prospect. As much as probably any other QB to come out in years.

They took a risk drafting him. It was never going to be quick or easy, and his development arc was always going to be longer. Do they have the patience to stick with him and let him grow? Or do they give up early?

I would much rather have been the team that drafted Richardson at 4 than Young at 1. Sometimes the big swings play out and sometimes they don’t. He’s had a lot of “wow” plays and that does count for something.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 04:53 PM Today
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
They didn’t trade up to pick Richardson. They had the fourth pick.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 04:57 PM Today
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I’m a Florida fan who watched the guy in college and was shocked to see that he would be a top pick given how raw he was.

That said, he was a boom-or-bust prospect. As much as probably any other QB to come out in years.

They took a risk drafting him. It was never going to be quick or easy, and his development arc was always going to be longer. Do they have the patience to stick with him and let him grow? Or do they give up early?

I would much rather have been the team that drafted Richardson at 4 than Young at 1. Sometimes the big swings play out and sometimes they don’t. He’s had a lot of “wow” plays and that does count for something.
He’s been really bad this year but, believe it or not, I don’t think he’s that far off. I think he can still develop.

I think(hope?) they’re just trying to light a fire under his ass with Steichens comments. Because even as bad as he’s been, they’re still as good a team with him under center as they are with Flacco, simply because of the threat he presents in the run game.
[Reply]
Chieftain 05:11 PM Today
I'll say Russell is the only outlier of a brother with a good arm and brains to go along with it. Maybe Daniels and to a lesser extent Stroud could be those guys. Remains to be seen. Usually though, a brother has the athletic ability but lacks the brain or vice versa. Not both at the same time.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:15 PM Today
Hey guys Direckshun was right, Anthony Richardson is absolutely going to be a problem... for Indianapolis
[Reply]
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Up