ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Nzoner's Game Room>Jets fire Saleh
Dante84 08:10 AM Yesterday

ESPN sources: Jets fired HC Robert Saleh.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 8, 2024

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:00 AM Today
Originally Posted by seamonster:
Jets are still second in their division. They just played two of the best scoring defenses in the NFL. I'd wait to see how they fare against Buffalo and the Steelers. I personally think the Steelers are going to put their feeble QB into the hospital but it's always the NFL. No guarantees.Once they get past PA they've got a cake walk (outside of the Texans). Could still make the playoffs with that Defense and maybe another receiver (Adams). That coach did virtually nothing and he's always been a petulant bitch. So it's addition by subtraction.
There is no 'cakewalk' for a team like the Jets. Even bad teams can beat them.

While I agree there had to be some emotion or culture disagreement for the owner to fire Saleh, I don't think the Jets are going to do much this season w the talent they have.

They were counting on Rodgers being a lot better than he actually is at this point in his career.
[Reply]
seamonster 10:56 AM Today
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
There is no 'cakewalk' for a team like the Jets. Even bad teams can beat them.

While I agree there had to be some emotion or culture disagreement for the owner to fire Saleh, I don't think the Jets are going to do much this season w the talent they have.

They were counting on Rodgers being a lot better than he actually is at this point in his career.
They could marty-ball their way into the playoffs. Morgan Moses and Tyron Smith are adequate. Rodgers still has a live arm (from what I've seen). He's just slow and confined to the pocket. Defense is capable. And getting rid of that coach is a step in the right direction. They're going to have to go full-blown west coast offense and that's something Hacket was literally raised on. Rodgers just needs to swallow his pride (big if) and accept a reduced role.
[Reply]
Molitoth 11:00 AM Today
Jets fire sale?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:13 AM Today
Originally Posted by seamonster:
They could marty-ball their way into the playoffs. Morgan Moses and Tyron Smith are adequate. Rodgers still has a live arm (from what I've seen). He's just slow and confined to the pocket. Defense is capable. And getting rid of that coach is a step in the right direction. They're going to have to go full-blown west coast offense and that's something Hacket was literally raised on. Rodgers just needs to swallow his pride (big if) and accept a reduced role.
Very true. Their season is far from over which is why I can't understand why they fired the HC at this point.

That said, they better hurry and figure things out quickly. They have the Bills and Steelers next. Lose those two and they are 2-5 and pretty much done.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:13 AM Today
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Jets fire sale?
You fire your coach to "save your season", you don't do it and then dump assets for pennies on the dollar.
[Reply]
scho63 11:17 AM Today
Nothing makes much sense about this firing.

Typical strange move by Jets
[Reply]
New World Order 11:20 AM Today
Adam Gase interested in the job
[Reply]
scho63 11:21 AM Today
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Jets fire sale?
You forgot the "h".
[Reply]
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213