ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Chargers
Hammock Parties 01:25 AM 09-23-2024
#Chargers Justin Herbert - High ankle re-aggravation. Walking w/full weight = no fracture. Lean towards playing Wk 4. MRI Mon

#Chargers Joey Bosa - Lean towards missing Wk 4. Re-aggravation often worse than initial injury

#Chargers Rashawn Slater - Pec for OL = heavily involved in blocking. High risk of missing Wk 4

#Chargers Joe Alt - Ankle. O-line often able to play the next wk but severity varies. Prob MRI pending

#NFL Injury Updates:#Lions Sam LaPorta - Video suggests low ankle. X-ray + returning = no fracture. Lean towards playing Wk 4. Practice = key#Chargers Justin Herbert - High ankle re-aggravation. Walking w/full weight = no fracture. Lean towards playing Wk 4. MRI Mon

1/9

— Deepak Chona, MD. SportsMedAnalytics (@SportMDAnalysis) September 23, 2024

[Reply]
O.city 02:19 PM Today
We just don't seem to blow teams out. I don't know why, but we don't.
[Reply]
FANATIC 02:44 PM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
This is a good football team , not great, with a great QB. Its that simple. If Alex Smith , in his prime, is starting with this roster this team is maybe a wild card team. The current roster, due to salary cap and draft position, is average at best. The current offense may actually be worse than last years due to injury.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:45 PM Today
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
Chiefs will win by 2 scores, though they'll struggle to put them away and the game will seem closer than it really is.
Reid won't let it
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:45 PM Today
Welcome to the NFL, kid. NE other than the undefeated season didn't either.
[Reply]
O.city 02:47 PM Today
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Welcome to the NFL, kid. NE other than the undefeated season didn't either.
Lot of other teams in the league blow teams out. It's not weekly, yet we continue to see the Bills or the Ravens beat the fuck out of shit bird teams.

Yet we just don't seem to as often.
[Reply]
FANATIC 02:50 PM Today
Lot of other teams in the league blow teams out. It's not weekly, yet we continue to see the Bills or the Ravens beat the **** out of shit bird teams.

Yet we just don't seem to as often.
I think Mahomes is thinking too much. He is very cerebral in his approach on each play. Its one of the things that makes him GREAT. Yet he is playing a little to careful. I hope to see more gunslinger.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:13 PM Today
Originally Posted by FANATIC:
This is a good football team , not great, with a great QB. Its that simple. If Alex Smith , in his prime, is starting with this roster this team is maybe a wild card team. The current roster, due to salary cap and draft position, is average at best. The current offense may actually be worse than last years due to injury.
I'd say Reid's conservative approach has a lot more to do with the close scores than the talent.

At full strength, this is a pretty elite roster (assuming Kelce still has something left). Still above average with these injuries.

How many rosters are better than this at full strength?
[Reply]
Basileus777 03:56 PM Today
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd:
They also need to get credit for drafting Alt.
Still too early for that, Nabers looks even better than Alt. And if the Chargers don't pay Slater and let him walk, I don't think the logic of the pick makes sense.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:58 PM Today
Originally Posted by Basileus777:
Still too early for that, Nabers looks even better than Alt. And if the Chargers don't pay Slater and let him walk, I don't think the logic of the pick makes sense.
That's always been the issue with the Alt pick.

Not that he isn't going to be a damn good player - he will be. A probable All-Pro.

But Nabers was a better pick there.

When they picked Alt I breathed a sigh of relief because I really didn't want to deal with Nabers in this division for a decade. That kid is going to be spectacular.
[Reply]
FANATIC 03:58 PM Today
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I'd say Reid's conservative approach has a lot more to do with the close scores than the talent.

At full strength, this is a pretty elite roster (assuming Kelce still has something left). Still above average with these injuries.

How many rosters are better than this at full strength?
Well nobody is at full strenght. I think the NFL is very competitive. The Cap works. So to answer your question... there are no elite teams. Just a few Elite Qbs. To me teams are average and the best teams have a couple of elite players. KC has Mahomes and Jones. Dont really see any other elite guys on KC.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:59 PM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Guess Danna didn’t practice today.

Would be the perfect week to get Felix about 50 reps. Get Thomas some too.
Yeah, I wanna see what Thomas can do.

Don't let this be another Neil Farrell situation where we trade for a guy we liked in the draft and then just bury him.

If you like a guy enough to make a deal for him, at least see what he's got.
[Reply]
FANATIC 04:00 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's always been the issue with the Alt pick.

Not that he isn't going to be a damn good player - he will be. A probable All-Pro.

But Nabers was a better pick there.

When they picked Alt I breathed a sigh of relief because I really didn't want to deal with Nabers in this division for a decade. That kid is going to be spectacular.
They should have picked BOWERS. He is the next Kelce.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:30 PM Today
Originally Posted by FANATIC:
Well nobody is at full strenght. I think the NFL is very competitive. The Cap works. So to answer your question... there are no elite teams. Just a few Elite Qbs. To me teams are average and the best teams have a couple of elite players. KC has Mahomes and Jones. Dont really see any other elite guys on KC.
They have three elite offensive linemen. Rice is elite. McDuffie's elite. Kelce is still probably among the best TEs despite a slow start. And a few others are borderline elite.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:17 PM Today
Boltman will never get his nut
[Reply]
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Up