Phillies 2 3.92%
Brewers 0 0%
Padres 3 5.88%
Mets 1 1.96%
Braves 1 1.96%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 13 of 14
« First < 3910111213 14 >
Nzoner's Game Room>2024 MLB Playoffs Thread (non-Royals)
SHOWTIME 05:38 PM 09-29-2024

Who's winning it this year?

This is a thread for non-Royal playoff games since I assume there will be a separate one for the Royals…
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 01:26 PM Yesterday
Not much of a game with Detroit and Cleveland. Tigers getting smoked.
[Reply]
tk13 04:10 PM Yesterday
Old school start from Wheeler for the Phillies. 7 scoreless innings and 111 pitches.
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 04:13 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by tk13:
Old school start from Wheeler for the Phillies. 7 scoreless innings and 111 pitches.
the mets have to get to their bullpen now
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:30 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by tk13:
And the bullpen ruins it
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 04:30 PM Yesterday
More Mets devil magic... all tied up, runners at the corners and nobody out...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:34 PM Yesterday
Damn, thats brutal for the Phillies
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 05:12 PM Yesterday
Mets have some serious Mr. Mojo rising shit going on...
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 05:46 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME:
the mets have to get to their bullpen now
Yep…
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:17 PM Yesterday
Hard to see the Dodgers losing to anyone with Shohei there
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:54 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
Read and heard about several stories after the Brewers got knocked out the other night. Uecker apparently spent considerable time after the game in the Brewers clubhouse going around to all the players. Lot of tears from what I've heard. Hopefully there's nothing wrong with Bob, though the man is 90 years old. But it's really looking like we might have heard the last of Ueck calling games for Milwaukee. Everybody's gotta hang it up sometime, but he's gonna be sorely, sorely missed. Such an amazing sense of humor, timing, and really knows baseball and how to call a game. Dude is an absolute insitution in Milwaukee, and it's a real shame that team just never quite got it together to ever get a World Series while he was there.

And sorry for using the past tense for Bob. Nothing's been announced yet, and I wouldn't expect anything until after the World Series, but from everything I heard and read about after the game, it sure looks like he's done. If I'm wrong, I'll be happy to be wrong. The game is better with Bob in it.

Bob Uecker used to comment on women in the crowd while he was announcing. Like, during plays.

Artie Lange told the story on The Howard Stern Show in 2009. pic.twitter.com/ktFv5QTog3

— Ben Porter (@Ben13Porter) April 27, 2020

[Reply]
Bearcat 04:07 PM Today
I had the stupid Seahawks/Giants on the TV and kind of forgot there were other playoff series going on today.... flipped over just in time to see the Phillies' back to back homers.
[Reply]
Buddy Rich 05:03 PM Today
This game is nuts. The Mets just won't stop.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:09 PM Today
Originally Posted by Buddy Rich:
This game is nuts. The Mets just won't stop.
It’s the craziest week in the history of the team by leaps and bounds. They have somehow gained the superpower resilience of the Chiefs over the last 6 days. It’s something to behold.

They probably won’t make it out of the bottom of the 9th but I’m so proud of these guys.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:12 PM Today
Can't believe that got out... holy shit.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:13 PM Today
Were the Philly scumbags booing the guy taking a minute because he was shaken up?

lol
[Reply]
Page 13 of 14
« First < 3910111213 14 >
Up