ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 20
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About Nagy's Playcalling
Bowser 06:50 PM 10-29-2023
I think we can all agree that our offense has been "off" all season, minus the Bears and Chargers games. Mahomes hasn't looked himself by and large, and that could well be because of the talent around him, but watching the plays unfold just makes me wonder why some of the plays are being called in the first place.

Today was an abomination on many fronts with the offense but it sure looked a good deal like an Alex Smith game plan, minus Mahomes' patented making something out of nothing scramble drill passes. The run plays were predictable and getting nothing, but they kept forcing them. We threw the ball laterally as much as horizontally (seemingly), and the plays themselves just look, well, off.

Is it Nagy, is it Mahomes, is it the talent outside of Mahomes and Kelce, or is it a combination of all that? Or was this game just an outlier and our annual piss down our legs game as has been suggested, and I'm just OMG-ing for no good reason?

Something FEELS different than in the past so far this season. I would love to put my finger on what it is, precisely.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:16 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
I pray, pray(!) that Veach isn’t that stupid
Hunt isn’t thst stupid to do that. Nagy is awful.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:22 PM 11-05-2023
I'd take Pederson in a heart beat over Nagy
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:37 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Uh? You new here?. EB was the root of all offensive problems and him and Mahomes didn’t like each other. /CP

It was addition by subtraction.
Chief Fans are reruns, but it's difficult to believe they are THAT reruned. If they wanted him gone, it likely had little to do with his ability to coordinate an offense. Even the reruns could recognize his talent there.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:39 PM 11-05-2023
A bunch of you guys were all over Nagys nuts this offseason and was so excited he was
Coming back. He was absolutely garbage when he was here, garbage in Chicago….and I’ll be damned if he still isn’t garbage. I hope they left him and Toub in the ovens in Germany
They must have really liked what he did in Chicago.
[Reply]
notorious 02:40 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
They must have really liked what he did in Chicago.
That resume speaks for itself.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 02:41 PM 11-05-2023
If Reid gave a years or two's notice. No telling who would take a ceremonial role and wait
[Reply]
BWillie 02:46 PM 11-05-2023
It doesn't matter who our offensive coordinator is
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:48 PM 11-05-2023
A bunch of you guys were all over Nagys nuts this offseason and was so excited he was
Coming back. He was absolutely garbage when he was here, garbage in Chicago….and I’ll be damned if he still isn’t garbage. I hope they left him and Toub in the ovens in Germany
I don't think anyone thought that he was gods gift to man. Everyone knows the offense is run through Reid and that Reid micromanages the offense. whether we succeed or fail, and usually it's success, the success and blame will primarily fall on Reid.

When we succeeded, we claimed it was because eb was shelved. When we failed it was because eb was in charge. Since the beginning of time weve refused to give credit to the oc but blame them for all our issues.

I dont think it's Reid or nagy. Reid continues to run the show as he did with eb. We are working around our weaknesses. Clear as day
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:48 PM 11-05-2023
Reid is calling the plays. On TV they show Reid talking when the play is going in to Patrick.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:50 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Chief Fans are reruns, but it's difficult to believe they are THAT reruned. If they wanted him gone, it likely had little to do with his ability to coordinate an offense. Even the reruns could recognize his talent there.
Nailed it.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 02:50 PM 11-05-2023
Perhaps it all has to do with how the league is adjusting to the plays, the players, and that I have a problem with expectations. Patrick and the Chiefs were unbelievably successful and realistically, there's no way that could continue. So much talent in the NFL, especially in the AFC. it's going to be a dog fight for the next decade.

They won, it was ugly, it looked like the offense was in reverse. The Chiefs have to be one of the most studied offenses in the NFL; it's not unreasonable to believe that people know the tendencies and are exploiting them.
[Reply]
notorious 02:51 PM 11-05-2023
Did we really only have 46 yards the second half? :-)

Lord almighty.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 02:54 PM 11-05-2023
EB can’t be fired soon enough… So he can rejoin the beloved CHIEFS
[Reply]
-King- 02:54 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers:
Actually we do, his name is Rashee Rice and for some inexplicable reason they keep pulling him off the field
He played the most snaps of any WR. Just wasn't targeted
[Reply]
jerryaldini 02:55 PM 11-05-2023
The last couple weeks the opposing DCs have a lot of experience coaching against our offense and have had success. But at this point I do think EB matters.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 20
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up