ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 16
« First < 3910111213 141516 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who should we trade for if Rice is out?
Titty Meat 03:10 PM Yesterday
Discuss...
[Reply]
BWillie 08:30 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by ChiefsHawk:
Chiefs need to create cap space before they can do any possible trades.
It appears we actually already have enough cap space for Amari Cooper.
[Reply]
O.city 08:30 PM Yesterday
Doing things in sports that have never been done are always big deals
[Reply]
tredadda 08:31 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
at this point, I think Veach has proven his method of team building works.
Correct. Between his drafting and penchant for not going all in, he’s proven to be the best GM in football. Not saying he won’t inquire for another receiver, but he won’t sacrifice the future for a small chance at a three peat.

This team still has weapons on offense an excellent defense and STs plus the best HC in football. They will be fine if they just clean up their careless mistakes.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 08:32 PM Yesterday
I once again am of the stance we shouldn't mortgage the future for the chance of the 3-peat
[Reply]
BWillie 08:36 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
I once again am of the stance we shouldn't mortgage the future for the chance of the 3-peat
Everyone still remembers the Bulls 3-peats multiple decades later. People still laud Jordan and those teams to this day. Eternal greatness is just within reach.

Nah, Ill pass.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:37 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
No I did not say that. In fact I have complimented the hell out of the chiefs offseason and have said this year is just really bad luck. So nice try on me saying we haven’t addressed player issues.

You’ve been blowing rainbow farts at our WRs for 2 years now. Here’s what everybody else knows. Last year’s WRs were in fact terrible and it’s regressed mahomes. Maybe our WRs were good enough to un**** mahomes early on, but enough with the sugarcoating. We are going to be playing some really really bad WRs for the rest of the way. We are going to have several WRs on the field who wouldn’t even be rostered on a bad team.

We will be fine. But your sugarcoating how bad of a spot we put mahomes in does nothing but give license to dogpile on mahomes. The team will be fine. But mahomes right now is not. We are putting him in situations that are doing nothing but destroying his confidence. This time it’s not anyone’s fault really. But stop with the nonsense as if fixing mahomes isn’t both a priority and a concern right now.
Nobody 'PUT MAHOMES IN THIS SITUATION' unless you want to blame the almighty. Good luck with that.

You keep saying this, and then saying 'that's not what I'm saying'.

Last year is not this year. Totally different situation.

Yeah, Toney and Moore ended up sucking ass. We had to try. We hit on ONE of three.

This year, we've got an immediate hit with Worthy, I think it's fair to say. But injuries are fucking us.

We won a SB with Juju as our #1 on one leg. He's back, and even now, is more like #3. So it's not all that bad, it's just not as good as it looked in August.

None of this has fuck all to do with Mahomes being wild, and missing throws, and not seeing guys running free. He's just not playing well. And your excuses for him, frankly, are insulting because you're implying that he's mentally too weak to handle playing championship level football in the NFL.

This is what it is. Every year. There's adversity, and guys don't pan out, and guys get hurt, and you find a way to make it work.

Mahomes is tough. He'll get himself together. He doesn't need you to make excuses for him.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 08:38 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Everyone still remembers the Bulls 3-peats multiple decades later. People still laud Jordan and those teams to this day. Eternal greatness is just within reach.

Nah, Ill pass.
A chance at Eternal greatness potentially at the cost of blowing up everything we've built up. Icarus flying too close to the sun and all that.

Idk, I think we both know our stances and just agree to disagree.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:39 PM Yesterday
Maybe it’s just me but trading a 3rd or 4th round pick is not mortgaging the future.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 08:40 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Flags fly forever, you play to win now.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:41 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BWillie:

Nah, Ill pass.
You mean kind of like Belichick and Brady's Patriots?

Because that's what I'm talking about.

I don't give a fuck about anything else.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:42 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Maybe it’s just me but trading a 3rd or 4th round pick is not mortgaging the future.
It’s not. But giving up a first or “whatever it takes” is.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:43 PM Yesterday
Dude, yeah, if they'll give us Amari Cooper for a third round pick and 1.7m salary, then yes, you absolutely do that.

But that will NEVER happen. NEVER.

Why in the FUCK would you do that if you're Cleveland? You WANT an empty stadium? You want to lose money? Fuck no. Not going to happen.

This is dumb.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 08:44 PM Yesterday
I'm with you on that one, actually.

3rd or 4th is fine.

We threw away a 3rd on Kadarius Toney, I think it's possible we could do better.
[Reply]
Bump 08:45 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by tredadda:
It’s not. But giving up a first or “whatever it takes” is.
It's not like it's a good first round pick. Basically trading CEH, FAU or Orlando Brown Jr for one of them WR's and to make history, it's worth.

only a 1st if it's someone good that you're going to pay a long term contract to and he's going to play for the next 4 or 5 years.
[Reply]
O.city 08:46 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Dude, yeah, if they'll give us Amari Cooper for a third round pick and 1.7m salary, then yes, you absolutely do that.

But that will NEVER happen. NEVER.

Why in the **** would you do that if you're Cleveland? You WANT an empty stadium? You want to lose money? **** no. Not going to happen.

This is dumb.
What do you think guys like him usually get traded for?

A 3rd would absolutely get it done. I’d guess it would cost less
[Reply]
Page 13 of 16
« First < 3910111213 141516 >
Up