Page 129 of 940
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139179229629 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:30 PM 05-21-2018
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
The point is to make your money work for you, in whatever way works for you and your skills and life. If you actually use your cash in a productive way -- buying "lake lots" or whatever, then that certainly makes perfect sense to me.
This is funny to revisit.

One of those lots, that I paid less than 100 fucks for sold for over 30k several months ago.

It happened to be oin the middle of 26 other lots owned by one person. And he really wanted it. Lucky me
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:32 PM 05-21-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
None of beans. About 3000 of corn. 750 milo. A few irrigated acres mostly dryland.

We were at like 1.40 all in rains events of <.40 but we got a pretty good rain last week. I feel a lot better.

I had some triticale for certified seed that got crunched by hail that I guess I had to sacrifice. To buy the rain. :-).

It was headed out.
got a good rain, huh? No credit to me? I did you a rain dance, that night lol
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 04:45 PM 05-21-2018
Rain - I'd just compare yourself to the S&P 500.
The Dow is old and works in a stupid way. The Nasdaq is very concentrated in technology so you're not going to beat it with any diversified/balanced portfolio that cares about risk-adjusted returns over the long haul. You can keep up with it probably if you buy QQQ which is the nasdaq-100 index.

Actually, I'll amend that.. you likely won't beat nasdaq when the markets going up. You probably will beat it during a bear market.

I noticed before I left work that Calavo's floated shares are currently 27% shorting the stock. That's a ton, up there with like Tesla. I'm guessing others think the valuation is too high also. just fyi, if you're planning to hold it long term I wouldn't care. Seems like a good company with low debt and apparently millennials are busy buying avocado toast instead of homes hah
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:56 PM 05-21-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
got a good rain, huh? No credit to me? I did you a rain dance, that night lol
I gave you credit. But you don’t want credit for that nasty ass hail.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:02 PM 05-21-2018
I gave you credit. But you don’t want credit for that nasty ass hail.
:-). I ran into that shit in my travels yesterday.

You have little ones shooting up already?
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:03 PM 05-21-2018
And i have no idea what conversation we were having but my buddy said I looked like I was doing a rain dance when he pulled in to get me. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:06 PM 05-21-2018
And i have no idea what conversation we were having but my buddy said I looked like I was doing a rain dance when he pulled in to get me. :-)
:-).
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:10 PM 05-21-2018
:-).
I know whatever it was you were rolling. Good enough for me.

Was it the bearded impact or the wedding story?
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:17 PM 05-21-2018
I know whatever it was you were rolling. Good enough for me.

Was it the bearded impact or the wedding story?
Wedding story. I needed a good laugh.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:23 PM 05-21-2018
Wedding story. I needed a good laugh.
It was a fucking awesome. I couldn't believe it.

And we weren't even going to go...
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:33 PM 05-21-2018
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
Rain - I'd just compare yourself to the S&P 500.
The Dow is old and works in a stupid way. The Nasdaq is very concentrated in technology so you're not going to beat it with any diversified/balanced portfolio that cares about risk-adjusted returns over the long haul. You can keep up with it probably if you buy QQQ which is the nasdaq-100 index.

Actually, I'll amend that.. you likely won't beat nasdaq when the markets going up. You probably will beat it during a bear market.

I noticed before I left work that Calavo's floated shares are currently 27% shorting the stock. That's a ton, up there with like Tesla. I'm guessing others think the valuation is too high also. just fyi, if you're planning to hold it long term I wouldn't care. Seems like a good company with low debt and apparently millennials are busy buying avocado toast instead of homes hah
Interesting points. I too view the S&P 500 as my major target, but I've worried about getting my rear kicked by NASDAQ this past year. But if it's just a bull market thing, I can live with it.

I dunno the deal with Calavo, but it's been gold for me. There was some reason that I bought it several years back, and I don't even remember the reason, but it's just gone consistently up. I was a little worried that the trade stuff and the wall talk would hurt it, but it hasn't been an issue at all. I've been treated very well by the avocado.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 08:17 PM 05-21-2018
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Interesting points. I too view the S&P 500 as my major target, but I've worried about getting my rear kicked by NASDAQ this past year. But if it's just a bull market thing, I can live with it.
Active managed T Rowe Price tech fund vs. SPY the most liquid S&P 500 etf out there.

26% average over 5 years straight. Kind of insane. Even the 12.56 from the S&P is pretty darn good. nasdaq just has a ton of tech. It's not a fair fight
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:37 AM 06-01-2018
IQ is doing well. It's at 28.00 now. I think this stock follows netflix and runs way up

Added BILI the other day

Thinking about HUYA

All chinese IPO's
[Reply]
Munson 05:25 PM 06-01-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
IQ is doing well. It's at 28.00 now. I think this stock follows netflix and runs way up

Added BILI the other day

Thinking about HUYA

All chinese IPO's
Funny that you mention IQ, since I was about to make a post about it.

I just learned about them early last week. Damn near anything you read about this company calls them the Chinese version of Netflix.

I originally wanted to buy about $3,000 worth, but decided to play it safe and invest $1,500. I should've taken the risk, because it's already returned just under 25% since buying it a week ago.

Thinking about getting more next week.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:40 PM 06-01-2018
Yep, I literally made 1K on IQ today. I like it when my IQ goes up!
[Reply]
Page 129 of 940
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139179229629 > Last »
Up