ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 128 of 199
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138178 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
Lzen 08:19 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by the steam:
The Chiefs have a head coach, QB and TE that are all in the top 3 OF ALL TIME at their position. We will be fine without that illiterate piece of garbage!
This rep description is spot on.
Attached: The steam DA.jpg (29.3 KB) 
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:24 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
But that’s how that team was built. It was built keeping in mind that we have Tyreek Hill. So of course we needed Tyreek to win the SB.

We’re building a different team now. We might not be running Wasp, but we’ll run different plays and hopefully different guys make those plays.

Maybe a more balanced team doesn’t fall behind 10 points in the SB. Maybe they’re more efficient and don’t have to run a miracle 3rd down play.

We had time to spare when Damien Williams put us up 10 points. Maybe without wasp we just run a few more plays and still get there.
Thank you for making my point in a much clearer and more concise manner.

This, in essence, is what I was trying to say. We have to evolve because we are forced to evolve.

I think we'll be fine and I think time will prove that out . . . . . .
[Reply]
crispystl 09:36 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
If we're willing to trade Hill everyone outside of Pat is bait...
I dunno, I'm not saying they won't trade Kelce but he's a tick higher on the franchise nostalgia level than Hill for me.
[Reply]
FringeNC 09:47 AM 03-29-2022
Trading picks for the right to make a player the highest paid (or close) at his position is not a good strategy. Maybe Veach has learned from his past mistakes doing that himself. It's just the Tyreek had a unique skill-set and we don't know yet how that will affect the offense.

Obviously, he needs to draft well to make the trade a win.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:55 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
But that’s how that team was built. It was built keeping in mind that we have Tyreek Hill. So of course we needed Tyreek to win the SB.

We’re building a different team now. We might not be running Wasp, but we’ll run different plays and hopefully different guys make those plays.

Maybe a more balanced team doesn’t fall behind 10 points in the SB. Maybe they’re more efficient and don’t have to run a miracle 3rd down play.

We had time to spare when Damien Williams put us up 10 points. Maybe without wasp we just run a few more plays and still get there.
Another thing that's interesting to consider is that the entire AFC (and the AFCW in particular) has been building to try and beat us for the past few years, and it seems like this is the year where a few of them might have gotten there except...

That team no longer exists. They can load up on pass rushers, and to be fair that's never a bad thing, but Patrick's likely not going to be holding the ball for 5 seconds waiting on Tyreek to come open deep. We're probably going to move to a lot of underneath crossing kinds of stuff and allowing our new, more physical, WRs to get YAC. We're probably going to run a little more often. And while the QBs we'll be facing are formidable, we finally have the cap space and draft capital to (hopefully) fix the Frank Clark issue.

Obviously this is making a lot of assumptions and is taking an optimistic look, but it's pretty clear that teams had started figuring out how to beat our "old" offense, and it's not necessarily a bad thing for DCs to have to try and figure out what Andy's going to do this year with a completely different set of skills to play with.
[Reply]
crispystl 10:07 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Another thing that's interesting to consider is that the entire AFC (and the AFCW in particular) has been building to try and beat us for the past few years, and it seems like this is the year where a few of them might have gotten there except...

That team no longer exists. They can load up on pass rushers, and to be fair that's never a bad thing, but Patrick's likely not going to be holding the ball for 5 seconds waiting on Tyreek to come open deep. We're probably going to move to a lot of underneath crossing kinds of stuff and allowing our new, more physical, WRs to get YAC. We're probably going to run a little more often. And while the QBs we'll be facing are formidable, we finally have the cap space and draft capital to (hopefully) fix the Frank Clark issue.

Obviously this is making a lot of assumptions and is taking an optimistic look, but it's pretty clear that teams had started figuring out how to beat our "old" offense, and it's not necessarily a bad thing for DCs to have to try and figure out what Andy's going to do this year with a completely different set of skills to play with.
Yeah I think we're looking to run a traditional West Coast offense and get the ball out quick to the bigger WRs allowing them to pile up the YAC yards. Hopefully that will negate how well other teams have improved and invested in their pass rush.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:13 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Yeah I think we're looking to run a traditional West Coast offense and get the ball out quick to the bigger WRs allowing them to pile up the YAC yards. Hopefully that will negate how well other teams how improved and invested in pass rushers.
With enough speed still at WR (Valdes-Scantling, Hardman) that if teams start adjusting and coming out of the shell, KC can still punish them over the top.

I think that's the move.
[Reply]
crispystl 11:02 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
With enough speed still at WR (Valdes-Scantling, Hardman) that if teams start adjusting and coming out of the shell, KC can still punish them over the top.

I think that's the move.
I bet it's effective too. I have faith in Andy and Pat.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:11 AM 03-29-2022
I don't think we need another speedster. I think we need a tall WR that can just jump up in the end zone and catch TD passes. We can move the ball effectively Patriculating it down field but we need more options in the red zone than Kelce. Tyreek was losing battles on taller DBs that he use to snag getting higher than them. Tyreek did not come in clutch this year for being the "best WR" in the NFL.

More big body WR that can block and square up jump up for the ball and also run crisp routs.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:14 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I don't think we need another speedster. I think we need a tall WR that can just jump up in the end zone and catch TD passes. We can move the ball effectively Patriculating it down field but we need more options in the red zone than Kelce. Tyreek was losing battles on taller DBs that he use to snag getting higher than them. Tyreek did not come in clutch this year for being the "best WR" in the NFL.

More big body WR that can block and square up jump up for the ball and also run crisp routs.
Yeah, a Sammy replacement without the glass vagina would be ideal.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:24 AM 03-29-2022

Tyreek Hill in the Deebo Samuel role �� pic.twitter.com/ZNJWCRxacy

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) March 29, 2022

Yeah if there's one thing Tyreek loves it's running between the tackles and laying some wood on linebackers.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 01:03 PM 03-29-2022
Raiders gonna have the same problems after next year and Waller could get traded soon... Raiders gonna have like 86 mil in cap room next year, only have 6 mil now , waller is being paid like the 15th best TE in the NFL and he will want to get paid, Renfrow prob gonna get 10-13 mil Carr will get 30-40 mil (out of that 86 mil next year money) Josh Jacobs will prob get the 5th year option. Almost impossible to have top flight players in more than 2 positions in the NFL any more. I will still sleep good at night, not my money
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:49 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
Raiders gonna have the same problems after next year and Waller could get traded soon... Raiders gonna have like 86 mil in cap room next year, only have 6 mil now , waller is being paid like the 15th best TE in the NFL and he will want to get paid, Renfrow prob gonna get 10-13 mil Carr will get 30-40 mil (out of that 86 mil next year money) Josh Jacobs will prob get the 5th year option. Almost impossible to have top flight players in more than 2 positions in the NFL any more. I will still sleep good at night, not my money
I don't think any of the owners are losing sleep about losing money.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 02:45 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
I don't think any of the owners are losing sleep about losing money.
They aren't losing any money just the cap is all they have to control.

Certain teams are better at developing their own talent than other teams like Greenbay and the Cheatriots , they seem to never get in cap trouble and still win
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 04:07 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
And all you have to show for it is... a one/done playoff appearance.
[Reply]
Page 128 of 199
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138178 > Last »
Up