ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 127 of 173
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 05:02 PM 08-04-2024
Originally Posted by lewdog:
**** the White Sox. They deserve to own that record.
Absolutely they do and I won’t apologize for the Royals beating the shit out of their team.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 05:23 PM 08-04-2024
Originally Posted by tk13:
That Cleveland Spiders team was the worst team in MLB history. The White Sox are on pace to go 38-124.
It’s beyond pathetic, but like lewdog and WilliamtheIrish, they’ve gotta own it. How fucked in the head is Crochet? Making demands? He’d rather continue pitching for the worst team in the league than perhaps not have his own ideal role with a contender? What a queer. He’ll be moved in the offseason demands be damned. What a jackass. I do feel bad for Pedro Grifol, but it was his decision to jump ship to that south side shitshow. There isn’t a manager dead or alive that could do much better with that roster.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:34 PM 08-04-2024
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
It’s beyond pathetic, but like lewdog and WilliamtheIrish, they’ve gotta own it. How fucked in the head is Crochet? Making demands? He’d rather continue pitching for the worst team in the league than perhaps not have his own ideal role with a contender? What a queer. He’ll be moved in the offseason demands be damned. What a jackass. I do feel bad for Pedro Grifol, but it was his decision to jump ship to that south side shitshow. There isn’t a manager dead or alive that could do much better with that roster.
Didn’t they have one of the best farms in baseball a couple of years ago? What happened since then?
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:35 PM 08-04-2024
Lol so glad that KC said no thanks to Pedro Grifol. Chris Getz also looks like a fucking clown running that organization.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:38 PM 08-04-2024
No matter what happens from here, I have to hand it to the Royals. They keep me interested to the start of Chiefs preseason.

I would like to thank them for that. Normally a dead period in sports for me when March Madness is over. The Royals filled that for the first time since what, 2016?
[Reply]
Pablo 06:57 PM 08-04-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
No matter what happens from here, I have to hand it to the Royals. They keep me interested to the start of Chiefs preseason.

I would like to thank them for that. Normally a dead period in sports for me when March Madness is over. The Royals filled that for the first time since what, 2016?
Yeah it’s been very very nice to be able to turn on the TV every night and actually give a shit about the game. Didn’t have optimism at all to start the year we’d get this.

I’d certainly love a dominant team but just have a solid good team to follow is such a big deal for these hot don’t want to go outside just want to watch TV months
[Reply]
cmh6476 07:56 PM 08-04-2024
I see he isn't the starter Tuesday, but can anyone tell if Noah Cameron is the likely starter for Wednesday?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:34 PM 08-04-2024
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
I see he isn't the starter Tuesday, but can anyone tell if Noah Cameron is the likely starter for Wednesday?
Should be Cole Ragens on Wednesday
[Reply]
tk13 09:36 PM 08-04-2024
They have it set up perfectly so Singer/Lugo/Ragans face Boston this week then Minnesota next week. Have to think they stick to that since they're both huge series.
[Reply]
cmh6476 09:59 PM 08-04-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Should be Cole Ragens on Wednesday
Sorry I meant up in Omaha
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:03 PM 08-04-2024
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
Sorry I meant up in Omaha
Good. I was like “shit, did something happen to Ragans?”
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 12:32 AM 08-05-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Didn’t they have one of the best farms in baseball a couple of years ago? What happened since then?
Depends on what site you go to, but they still have a fertile group down on the farm. The major league team went into tank mode before the season began, while also getting hit hard by injuries and underperformance. They’ll be back to being a pain in the ass within a couple years.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 12:37 AM 08-05-2024
Originally Posted by tk13:
They have it set up perfectly so Singer/Lugo/Ragans face Boston this week then Minnesota next week. Have to think they stick to that since they're both huge series.
Definitely have the pitching matchups that we want. Just gotta take care of business. Take 2 from the BoSox and rail those queers from Saint Lou for a nice 4-1 homestand before hopefully figuring out how to beat those fuckers from Minnesota. For whatever reason, they’ve had our number all year.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:21 AM 08-05-2024
Depends on what site you go to, but they still have a fertile group down on the farm. The major league team went into tank mode before the season began, while also getting hit hard by injuries and underperformance. They’ll be back to being a pain in the ass within a couple years.
Thank you.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:03 AM 08-05-2024
Eh - hard not to put some of that on a manager.

Oh sure, they were always going to lose 100. 105 may have been a foregone conclusion.

But when you have 2 guys in Crochet and Fedde who were pitching their asses off for you, that alone should keep you from being historically bad.

I mean if every player you have is fairly young and still underperforming their norms, that's a manager and organization issue as well. It ain't like Robert was hurt - he was just shitty. Lopez should've had good defensive value at least - hasn't. Benintendi has a long track record of being average to slightly above - he's been one of the worst players in baseball this year at an age that he just shouldn't be. Vaughn regresed for the 2nd straight year.

The White Sox should've been bad. But they shouldn't be THIS bad. They have a more talented roster than this. I mean somthing like 60-102 should've been a reasonable floor for them. And that's BEFORE they got a breakout from Crochet and career season from Fedde.
[Reply]
Page 127 of 173
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137 > Last »
Up