ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 126 of 199
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136176 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
The Franchise 04:05 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I've been reading threads throughout the day thinking the same thing.

My opinion is you pay generational talent. Hill was a generational talent at WR.

Eventually he would be gone, one way or the other, but this moment you had control over...
You pay generational talent at QB. You only pay other positions if it doesn't completely fuck your team over.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:06 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You pay generational talent at QB. You only pay other positions if it doesn't completely **** your team over.
We emptied the whole team this year and at one point had the 2nd most cap in the league.

We had the money.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:07 PM 03-28-2022
We emptied the whole team this year and at one point had the 2nd most cap in the league.

We had the money.
When did we have the 2nd most cap in the league?
[Reply]
Rausch 04:11 PM 03-28-2022
When did we have the 2nd most cap in the league?
Originally Posted by :
Overthecap.com shows the Chiefs now have over $23 million in cap space, the fourth-most in the league, after starting the free-agency period with minimal space available.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/chief...ng-tyreek-hill

I thought I read 2nd but I may have been wrong. I stand corrected.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:19 PM 03-28-2022

Yeah....that was AFTER we traded Hill. We weren't paying Hill and having the 2nd most cap space.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:21 PM 03-28-2022
Yeah....that was AFTER we traded Hill. We weren't paying Hill and having the 2nd most cap space.
We could have shaved another $14 I believe from Converting Pat's money.

Everything is possible it's an argument over the cost. My argument would have been you keep your Rice-Montana pairing as long as possible. Everyone else is expendable...
[Reply]
the steam 04:22 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
You're a ****ing idiot.
The Chiefs have a head coach, QB and TE that are all in the top 3 OF ALL TIME at their position. We will be fine without that illiterate piece of garbage!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:25 PM 03-28-2022

Look, the last two years we just weren't good enough. I mean, that's just the facts.

O-line suckage and lacking depth cost us SB55.

Last year, the defense sucked balls the first half of the year, and then again at the end.

And in the second half of the AFCCG, the offense shit all over themselves.

Not good enough. It was time to re-load. Defense was too top heavy salary-wise, and the offense was not diverse enough and with a record setting deal to Hill, not enough resources to get better.

We got a great haul for Hill. This will go a long way to reloading the team if Veach knocks this draft out of the park like he did last year.

I'm conceding NOTHING. I fully expect this team to be a contender in 2022. It will look different, but I don't think anyone will want to play them in January.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 04:48 PM 03-28-2022
I was half expecting a Kelce trade in a year or two. Not this
[Reply]
Rausch 04:50 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
I was half expecting a Kelce trade in a year or two. Not this
We might see that next year. He's aging and high priced. That might be how we add some picks for the KC draft...
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:52 PM 03-28-2022
We might see that next year. He's aging and high priced. That might be how we add some picks for the KC draft...
Chris Jones is probably gone. My guess is Kelce retires as a Chief.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:53 PM 03-28-2022
If we're willing to trade Hill everyone outside of Pat is bait...
[Reply]
crayzkirk 04:56 PM 03-28-2022
I'm really hoping that this teaches the Chiefs management a lesson; they traded a lot of draft capital to get Clark along with a huge contract and are paying the price. Yes, it did help them get a SB (however, they might have won without him).

I want to see the Chiefs building through the draft instead of buying expensive rentals. I really believe that Miami is going to regret this deal.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:57 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I'm really hoping that this teaches the Chiefs management a lesson; they traded a lot of draft capital to get Clark along with a huge contract and are paying the price. Yes, it did help them get a SB (however, they might have won without him).

I want to see the Chiefs building through the draft instead of buying expensive rentals. I really believe that Miami is going to regret this deal.
They were trying to get over the hump, and quickly, while Patrick was on a rookie deal.

It made sense in the context of the moment.

This is a different context now. Totally different trying to STAY on top as opposed to GET to the top.

You wanna stay? Anyone but your generational QB is expendable. You MUST draft well, and you MUST spend thriftily in free agency. It's really that simple.

Look at all of the turnover between the SB teams in New England. Other than Brady, anyone who got expensive got gone. That offense was totally different from year to year almost.

This is The Way. Better embrace it.
[Reply]
Redbled 08:13 PM 03-28-2022
Kelce’s cap hit is reasonable. Hope he retires as a Chief.
[Reply]
Page 126 of 199
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136176 > Last »
Up