Page 125 of 940
« First < 2575115121122123124125 126127128129135175225625 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:42 PM 04-12-2018
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I never said a ROTH was taxed. In fact I specifically said only a Traditional and 401k were taxed.
I know that. I knew that when I typed the post you took exception to. I was just making sure everyone knew before I laid out the math.
[Reply]
philfree 09:38 PM 04-12-2018
So if you had $100,000.00 and were to put it all into the market tomorrow what does the Chiefs Planet Portfolio look like?
[Reply]
petegz28 09:20 AM 04-13-2018
Originally Posted by philfree:
So if you had $100,000.00 and were to put it all into the market tomorrow what does the Chiefs Planet Portfolio look like?
Depends on your time frame and risk tolerance....

When do you need the money?

Immediate term I would be piece into stocks and park most in cash. Wouldn't go over 50% stocks at the moment

Long term there is only one word you need to remember....."Technology"
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:37 AM 04-13-2018

Immediate term I would be piece into stocks and park most in cash. Wouldn't go over 50% stocks at the moment

Intermediate you’re talking, what? 1-5 years?

Are you saying no more than 50% stocks because you think more correction is coming?
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:40 AM 04-13-2018
If it were me I’d probably just pay my sprayer off :-).
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:13 AM 04-13-2018
Buy a medical CBD oil license in Missouri and rent space in the industrial warehouse caves. Set up a hemp growing operation and sell the CDB oil wholesale to make a small profit until Medical MJ passes.

Upgrade Medical CBD license to Medical MJ- change plant varieties- become wealthy.
[Reply]
philfree 10:20 AM 04-13-2018

I don't need it anytime soon. I have some tech stocks but this is would be a whole different portfolio. $100,000.00 divided into 10 stocks with $10,000.00 in each. I want to see what the Chiefs Planet investment gurus can come up with. Or you could do 12 stocks @ $8,000.00 ea.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:57 AM 04-13-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Buy a medical CBD oil license in Missouri and rent space in the industrial warehouse caves. Set up a hemp growing operation and sell the CDB oil wholesale to make a small profit until Medical MJ passes.

Upgrade Medical CBD license to Medical MJ- change plant varieties- become wealthy.
I'll handle your agronomy and production for a nominal fee.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:01 AM 04-13-2018
I don't need it anytime soon. I have some tech stocks but this is would be a whole different portfolio. $100,000.00 divided into 10 stocks with $10,000.00 in each. I want to see what the Chiefs Planet investment gurus can come up with. Or you could do 12 stocks @ $8,000.00 ea.
Oh, this isn't hypothetical? (you're still welcome to pay off my sprayer if you want :-))

I wouldn't do individual stocks. I asked a question about retirement fund companies back last spring and got some good information on fees in relation to different companies.

That's probably better than anything I'd come up with, but yeah, I think you want mutual funds not stocks.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:09 AM 04-13-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Intermediate you’re talking, what? 1-5 years?

Are you saying no more than 50% stocks because you think more correction is coming?
With rates going up and it looks like wage inflation with it, I think the "free ride" is over. Things are going back to normal. Meaning this is going to be a stock pickers' market again. The index fund craze will probably taper off. Savers who are in the market by force and not choice will start to sell out as rates go up on bonds and CD's.

And I said immediate term, not intermediate. I'm talking about over the next year or two.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:13 AM 04-13-2018
Okay, here is my .02.....$100,000 divided by 10 stocks = gambling.

I would not invest in any individual stocks. Not unless you are a damn good stock picker and most people are not. This is going back to a stock pickers' market.

Therefore, I would

A) Invest in mutual funds
B) Not have all my money in stocks

If you are talking about a 7-10 year time frame I would piece in stocks up to around 60-70% depending on your age. I would spread that around in a SP500 fund, a tech fund, euro fund, asian fund and latin american fund

The rest I would just sit in cash as rates are going up and therefore bonds will be taking it on the chin over the next couple of years.
[Reply]
philfree 11:21 AM 04-13-2018
Oh, this isn't hypothetical? (you're still welcome to pay off my sprayer if you want :-))

I wouldn't do individual stocks. I asked a question about retirement fund companies back last spring and got some good information on fees in relation to different companies.

That's probably better than anything I'd come up with, but yeah, I think you want mutual funds not stocks.
I don't want any mutual funds of ETFs for that matter. I have some ETFs and it seems like they're in my portfolio just to keep me from making as much money when the market has good days. I'm talking stocks.

Pay off your sprayer? Do you have any land that I'd have the only lien on? And are there any Pheasants there? And then you'd have to agree to take care of my birddogs.
[Reply]
philfree 11:23 AM 04-13-2018
Okay, here is my .02.....$100,000 divided by 10 stocks = gambling.

I would not invest in any individual stocks. Not unless you are a damn good stock picker and most people are not. This is going back to a stock pickers' market.

Therefore, I would

A) Invest in mutual funds
B) Not have all my money in stocks

If you are talking about a 7-10 year time frame I would piece in stocks up to around 60-70% depending on your age. I would spread that around in a SP500 fund, a tech fund, euro fund, asian fund and latin american fund

The rest I would just sit in cash as rates are going up and therefore bonds will be taking it on the chin over the next couple of years.

It's not.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:34 AM 04-13-2018
I'll handle your agronomy and production for a nominal fee.
The current Missouri state-wide survey by the Sec. of State- shows that Missouri residents favor passing Medical MJ 79%.

You would think our stupid politicians in this state would read their own, paid surveys and get off their asses.

It would be a huge boon for this state.

So a 100k investment could yield 10 mil over a 5 year span if you were to get in on the ground floor and wait for legislation to crawl through and eventually pass.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:21 PM 04-13-2018
With rates going up and it looks like wage inflation with it, I think the "free ride" is over. Things are going back to normal. Meaning this is going to be a stock pickers' market again. The index fund craze will probably taper off. Savers who are in the market by force and not choice will start to sell out as rates go up on bonds and CD's.

And I said immediate term, not intermediate. I'm talking about over the next year or two.
Sorry. Insane immediate and read intermediate. I’ve been working too much.

That’s a pretty good take. I haven’t paid attention, are they talking about raising interest significantly? It’s been a couple years since I looked but it was going to take a pretty significant interest increase for bonds to yield much.

I don't want any mutual funds of ETFs for that matter. I have some ETFs and it seems like they're in my portfolio just to keep me from making as much money when the market has good days. I'm talking stocks.

Pay off your sprayer? Do you have any land that I'd have the only lien on? And are there any Pheasants there? And then you'd have to agree to take care of my birddogs.
Well, you can put a lien on the sprayer. It’s worth about 250 and I owe 100 on it. But I really meant pay it off so I don’t have to. :-).

There actually are pheasants here. Last couple years have been kind to them. The cocks are all out trying to get laid so I’ve seen a bunch of them.
[Reply]
Page 125 of 940
« First < 2575115121122123124125 126127128129135175225625 > Last »
Up