ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 124 of 199
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134174 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:47 AM 03-25-2022
Reek is Reek. He’s gonna make plays wherever he goes. But some are acting like him leaving is a death sentence for the Chiefs offense. Sure, they may not be as ‘dynamic’ as they once were, but people do realize that Pat is 4-1 in his career in games Reek didn’t play, right?

The only loss being that crapfest against Indy in 2019 on a Sunday night where the whole WR core was injured, half that O-Line was out and his dumbass tackle (Erving, I believe) stepped on his ankle during the game injuring him.

Like, that was the ONLY non-Reek. 4 wins in 4 games for the other for with the Chiefs offense averaging 30 points a game and Pat averaging 300 yards passing a game. 3 on the road, one against Baltimore at home during their best season (Lamar’s MVP year).

The offense WILL be fine without Reek because Pat IS that guy.

Besides maybe one playmaking WR in the draft, the Chiefs need to spend these newfound riches (money and draft capital) on DEFENSE, DEFENSE and more DEFENSE.

Offense will be fine. Andy Reid is the coach. Pat Mahomes is the QB. People need to quit freaking out.
[Reply]
TribalElder 08:16 AM 03-25-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
He won't go to Miami. He has a cushy division and conference. Miami means going through the AFC. He would lose and he knows it.
Miami means he stays in Florida and gets to play vs Bill and the Patriots twice a year
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:28 AM 03-25-2022
repost

Tom Brady and Miami were reportedly working on a deal to secure the seven-time Super Bowl champion https://t.co/YZ8sR4SRTw

— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) March 25, 2022

[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:04 PM 03-25-2022
Dolphins bought a car that goes 200 mph…the speed limit is 70 mph.

Waste of resources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:12 PM 03-25-2022

Me restructuring my contract just to have Tyreek Hill burn me everyday in practice ����

— Byron Jones (@TheByronJones) March 25, 2022

[Reply]
DRM08 03:36 PM 03-25-2022
Looking at the structure of his contract, seems like it's mostly $100M for the next 4 years. The 5th year has an insane cap hit of $50M and a dead cap hit of $5M. So either they figure out a new deal for him by that point to significantly lower the $50M cap hit, or they dump him after 4 years.
[Reply]
Capt_Von_Trapp 11:40 AM 03-28-2022
Andy Reid clears it up for all of us

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...m?platform=amp

“I love Tyreek Hill," Reid said Monday at the NFL meetings in Palm Beach, Florida. The Chiefs last week traded Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks. "There's no rift between Tyreek Hill and myself. I thought he deserved an opportunity if that's where he wanted to go. He's a family man that has a few kids and he's got to be able to support them now and down the road, and this gives him an opportunity to do that. At the same time, it gives us great compensation.

"We came in aggressive [with a contract offer], and after we got to a point, we just said, 'Listen, in this day and age you have issues you have to deal with with the cap.' So we felt like it was better to allow him to go ahead and be traded. ... You can go different routes with a player. You can play hardball or you can go about it the way I did, or we did."

“You've got to be able to manage that the right way," Reid said. "If you're paying all of your money to a quarterback and you can't surround him with players, that can be a problem. So you have to find a way with a Tyreek Hill maybe that you have to get rid of so you can replenish. That's offense and defense. I'm not just talking about the offensive side."

Asked how the Hill trade affects quarterback Patrick Mahomes, Reid said, "You want to surround him with great players. We did try to sign Tyreek at a certain cost. Once it gets past that, now you can see what we're doing here with the players we brought in and we feel they're very good football players.

"[General manager Brett Veach] is building this thing to where we feel we can win on Sundays."
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:33 PM 03-28-2022
Peter King with more details:

Link: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/

Originally Posted by :
The backstory of the Hill deal highlights the sea-change in the NFL. Kansas City was negotiating actively with Rosenhaus for an extension for the speedy wideout. But GM Brett Veach wanted to keep his options open, and he wanted to do right by Hill, who’d been a huge part of the franchise’s Super Bowl teams. If KC could get a windfall including a couple of high picks, in a draft filled with good wideout prospects, a trade for a 28-year-old receiver might be smart. Veach gave Rosenhaus permission to sniff out interest in a trade for Hill and to discuss parameters of a deal, but nothing beyond that. Rosenhaus said he contacted 31 teams within a day after getting permission. Twelve had interest—even though they knew the financial ballpark.

Rosenhaus slow-played any talks, hoping he could piggy-back off a Davante Adams contract if he signed in Green Bay or was dealt somewhere and did a new deal; that paid off when Adams signed a deal that would pay him $22.5 million a year over three years, with a paper value of $28 million average over five years. Now there was a target. Who would exceed those targets? (Though years four and five on these deals are mostly unguaranteed fantasy—deals will be re-done after three years or the player will be cut.)

Waiting on Adams turned out to be smart. The Jets, last weekend, offered a trade that Veach would have accepted. Rosenhaus knew the Jets were willing to pay Hill more than the Raiders paid Adams; importing Hill would give New York needed legitimacy for the franchise, and a needed weapon in the passing game. At the same time, there was another team, Miami, that Hill wanted and that had the ammo (in draft picks and cap space) to get him. Hill, and Kansas City, had some attractive options. Plus, on Tuesday, Veach offered Hill a surprisingly high number that had him seriously thinking about staying.

“There was a time Tuesday when I thought there was a really good chance we’d work out a deal and go back to Kansas City,” Rosenhaus said. “Next conversation with Tyreek, we talked about the advantages of playing in New York. Next conversation was pro-Miami; he calls it his home away from home. So I could have seen any of those outcomes last Tuesday. All the way through the process, Kansas City was awesome. They wanted to do right by Tyreek.”

On Tuesday night, Miami finally offered Veach a deal he wanted: first-, second- and fourth-round picks this year, and fourth- and sixth-rounders next year. Hill told Rosenhaus if the Dolphins (in a state with no state taxes) beat Kansas City’s offer comfortably, he’d prefer to go the Dolphins. By Wednesday morning, Rosenhaus had the deal he wanted: $72.2 million in the first three years ($5 million more than Adams), plus a $30-million average in new money over four years, even though, as I pointed out, the last two years are likely to not be kept in place.

So the deal got done. Ironically, in a draft rich with receivers, Green Bay and Kansas City have nearly identical resources to replace departed vets Adams and Hill. Green Bay’s first four picks: 22, 28, 53 and 59 overall. Kansas City’s first four: 29, 30, 50, 62. Plus, with multiple picks in the first four rounds and with the $22 million (approximately) in cap money saved for the next three years by not keeping Hill, Veach can go a lot of directions in addressing his two big need areas in the next month: wideout and defensive line.

When it was over, Hill was happy with the money and the locale. Kansas City was happy with the financial flexibility and the draft windfall. Everyone but the Jets had a bright side to see. Now Veach and Andy Reid have to trust that their scouts can find younger long-term weapons for Patrick Mahomes. The next month is huge for them.

[Reply]
The Franchise 12:40 PM 03-28-2022
So it sounds like 12 teams were interested but weren't willing to go higher than what Miami was offering.
[Reply]
Capt_Von_Trapp 12:53 PM 03-28-2022
The Jets. Always the bridesmaids. Never the bride.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 12:56 PM 03-28-2022
It seems to me that Veach handled this as well as he possibly could have.
[Reply]
crispystl 01:07 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
at some point, Mahomes is gonna try this bullshit
mark it
Do what? You mean hold the franchise hostage for more $?
[Reply]
crispystl 01:09 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Totally agree. Tua is better than Alex Smith and he made Smith look like a very competent deep ball QB. Hill and Waddle are gonna be very scary and Hill will absolutely perform.
Tyreek is a shitty QB's dream. Just toss him WR screens and shit and he will pile up YAC yards like fucking crazy.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 01:14 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Tyreek is a shitty QB's dream. Just toss him WR screens and shit and he will pile up YAC yards like ****ing crazy.
Howd that work out when teams took Hill out of the game? Of when you realize Hill doesn't use his hands to catch the ball leading to INTs.
He has to go against BB run Pat's defense twice a year. Hill will see his catches, he will also get lit up and won't end the season.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:19 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Peter King with more details:

Link: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/
Some really stupid Chief Fan is going to describe this as the Chiefs "sitting back" and "not doing anything."
[Reply]
Page 124 of 199
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134174 > Last »
Up