ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1222 of 1222
« First < 22272211221172121212181219122012211222
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:22 PM 06-29-2024
Tri tip with beans and that elote pasta salad I made last weekend that I'm now addicted to so made again

The beer back there is a Blonde ale I brewed for an intraclub competition just for bragging rights among fellow club members...whom I really want to crush, but are honestly better beer makers than me

[Reply]
Easy 6 06:54 PM 06-29-2024
Looks like a monstrous cut of meat, KCU

Will you and the wife eat all of it up within a few days, or will some go in the freezer for future use in soups etc?
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:00 PM 06-29-2024
I smell tacos on the menu with those leftovers
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:22 AM 06-30-2024
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Looks like a monstrous cut of meat, KCU

Will you and the wife eat all of it up within a few days, or will some go in the freezer for future use in soups etc?
I'll probably finish it off this week doing this:

Originally Posted by ptlyon:
I smell tacos on the menu with those leftovers

[Reply]
scho63 01:26 PM 06-30-2024
Next time we have a meet up at Fan4Evers place, I'm paying KCUnited to bring that Mexican Corn Pasta Salad.

That looks awesome.

I do a 5 bean Mexican salad that rocks too.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:39 PM 06-30-2024
So I have a sirloin tip roast. never did anything but turn the things into roast beef in the past. Out of curiosity, I wondered if anyone here has other recipes for these things. Can I cut a couple steaks off of it and throw them on the grill? Just looking at the thing, I think I can slice it thin and probably use it for stir-fry? Anything more interesting I can try with this?
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:53 PM 06-30-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
So I have a sirloin tip roast. never did anything but turn the things into roast beef in the past. Out of curiosity, I wondered if anyone here has other recipes for these things. Can I cut a couple steaks off of it and throw them on the grill? Just looking at the thing, I think I can slice it thin and probably use it for stir-fry? Anything more interesting I can try with this?
Sirloin cuts are going to be somewhat dry and tough without some kind of 24 hour tenderizing marinade... go with the very thinly sliced stir fry IMO
[Reply]
srvy 04:29 PM Yesterday
I was over at my brothers a few days back going through our mother's recipe Rolodex. I found her Church and Cub Scout hotdog chili recipe. I remember it being pretty good. She had made a note that it was pulled from Better Housekeeping Magazine taken from the original Coney chilidog from the NY amusement park.

Anyway, it's pretty good like I remembered but it takes all of 3 hours simmering to reduce to the consistency I like.

Also I used Hatch Chili powder which gave it a nice flavor and heat.
Attached: 20240704_153525.jpg (70.4 KB) 20240704_153559.jpg (72.3 KB) 
OLD TIME CHURCH AND CUB SCOUT CHILI DOG SAUCE - Copy.pdf (74.3 KB) 
[Reply]
BWillie 04:39 PM Yesterday
Tenderloin burgers with ground up bacon inside of the beef paddy.

To die for.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 04:45 PM Yesterday
Smoked a couple racks of spare ribs. Used mostly cherry on the cook, with a little mesquite. Used Sweet Preacher on one and Honey Garlic on the other. Both are from Fire & Smoke Society. OK Joes sauce. Smoked beans, salad and some honey mangos.
[Reply]
ptlyon 06:06 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by srvy:
I was over at my brothers a few days back going through our mother's recipe Rolodex. I found her Church and Cub Scout hotdog chili recipe. I remember it being pretty good. She had made a note that it was pulled from Better Housekeeping Magazine taken from the original Coney chilidog from the NY amusement park.

Anyway, it's pretty good like I remembered but it takes all of 3 hours simmering to reduce to the consistency I like.

Also I used Hatch Chili powder which gave it a nice flavor and heat.
Man, that's a lot of sauce
[Reply]
srvy 06:49 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Man, that's a lot of sauce
It freezes good. I put it in individual freezer bags and use at the time of my choosing. Or just half it.

Mom was a churchgoer and Cub Scout Den Mother so she made batches to fit the need.
Attached: 20240704_153525.jpg (70.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:27 PM Today
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Sirloin cuts are going to be somewhat dry and tough without some kind of 24 hour tenderizing marinade... go with the very thinly sliced stir fry IMO

So I looked up some recipes, and most of them are just roasts.

Did find a couple slow cooker recipes, and one “steak tips in butter garlic sauce” recipe I think I’m going to modify.

But about half of it is going to be a roast that I’ll use for making Sammies.
[Reply]
srvy 02:54 PM Today
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I have slow-smoked sirloin tip roast. The key is it has to have a lot of marbling which is rare for the lean cut. smoke at 220 till internal of 115 to 120 then sear on hot coals to reach rare or medium rare internal whatever is your preference. I just used a traditional Dalmatian rub during the smoke.

Rest and slice like a streak or thin slice for delicious steak sammies. I thought it did well this way. I make a simple horseradish aioli from Allrecipes for the sammie.
[Reply]
Page 1222 of 1222
« First < 22272211221172121212181219122012211222
Up