ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 122 of 176
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132172 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****
Dante84 06:41 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Mahomes knew Rashee Rice was his guy after throwing with him in Dallas.@AdamLefkoe with the scoop �� pic.twitter.com/X8ZAab22kM

— B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) April 29, 2023

Rashee Rice | WR | SMU

One of the best WR prospects at the catch point and winning leverage mid-route. He consistently sets up defenders to put them on his back, locates the ball, and attacks it at the highest point.

Skill set is wild for a 6' 200lb WR. pic.twitter.com/ClxW4SJvi5

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 16, 2023

Rashee Rice was drafted with pick 55 of round 2 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 9.53 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 145 out of 3062 WR from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/lwD9tvVPvv pic.twitter.com/YjucxErSE1

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:53 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Maybe I have no clue what I'm looking at but.....once Spillane drives on Rice there why didn't Pat hit Watson in the hole behind him?
He is double covered and would have been a pick. Watson doesn't open up until the ball is in the air to Rice and the two safeties are breaking on it.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:55 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
look at them downfield routes

Confirms that we still plan to use him primarily as a heavy slot. I wonder if that continues - was this a matter of taking what Oakland gave us? Will defenses adjust, and does that even matter - it didn’t seem to matter with juju.

I haven’t had a chance to rewatch this game so mostly curious why this worked so well yesterday where rashee was more contained the few games prior. Hopefully we landed on something that’ll help rashee continue to cook
[Reply]
O.city 03:47 PM 11-28-2023
They use bunches and motions.....slot or outside just doesn't really matter anymore.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:26 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
That is freaking awesome!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:17 AM 11-29-2023
They use bunches and motions.....slot or outside just doesn't really matter anymore.
Sure but his route tree is still limited to juju type routes. Good chance that’s ok especially if kelce gets back up and running. I just wonder how defenses adjust. Oakland seemed willing to let us beat them with rashee/Pacheco catch and run. Second half eagles seemed intent on forcing us to beat them deep by funneling everything to Watson and Mvs.

I'd like to think we've unlocked something. But something also seemed off in how the raiders played us
[Reply]
staylor26 09:36 AM 11-29-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Sure but his route tree is still limited to juju type routes. Good chance that’s ok especially if kelce gets back up and running. I just wonder how defenses adjust. Oakland seemed willing to let us beat them with rashee/Pacheco catch and run. Second half eagles seemed intent on forcing us to beat them deep by funneling everything to Watson and Mvs.

I'd like to think we've unlocked something. But something also seemed off in how the raiders played us
:-)

It's absolutely hilarious how clueless you are.
[Reply]
O.city 09:37 AM 11-29-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
He is double covered and would have been a pick. Watson doesn't open up until the ball is in the air to Rice and the two safeties are breaking on it.
No he's not. What are you talking about?
[Reply]
O.city 09:38 AM 11-29-2023
There's 10 yards of separation between the S and the LB'er when the Lber drives on Rice and Mahomes hits his back foot. Throw it behind the Lb'er if he is looking there, I'm guess he isn't.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:51 AM 11-29-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It's almost like players improve. Imagine that.
Could you get this message directly to CEH, Hardman, and MVS?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:08 AM 11-29-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
no
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:12 AM 11-29-2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:14 AM 11-29-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
HEY! Don't hold me to this, but it's possible Rashee hasn't fully realized his potential and ISN'T as good as JuJu at those back shoulder plays, and better DBs he faces down the stretch might neutralize him in those situations and we're once again left grasping.

NOT SAYING IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN! But YOU NEVER KNOW! It's almost like players can get BETTER or WORSE with the course of every practice?!?! ZOUNDS!

But don't worry! If Rashee goes ONE GAME without backing a back shoulder throw I'm coming back to DUNK on ALL OF YOU who have been giving me shit over this ONE PLAY!!!!
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:19 AM 11-29-2023
There's 10 yards of separation between the S and the LB'er when the Lber drives on Rice and Mahomes hits his back foot. Throw it behind the Lb'er if he is looking there, I'm guess he isn't.
I think you are looking at Kelce? He's open deeper in the middle, but Watson is in between 3 defenders when Mahomes is throwing the ball to Rice?

Edit: I thnk I know what you are seeing. I thought you were talking about when he threw it to Rice, are are talking about his initial drop, before the scramble? If so, I agree, he could have pulled the trigger on Watson there and probably got it to the 5, and probably should have.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:34 AM 11-29-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Top 10 is DAMN hard to break into from the back of the round. And that's where you have to get for the kind of guys you're likely to be satisfied with.

Gotta make the right move at the right time. There wasn't anyone in the '23 draft I'd have done that for. Maybe Wilson in the '22 draft (Olave seems to be trending that valuable as well).

This might be a year to do it. Nabers and Odunze are maybe attainable in that range given the depth of the top of the draft. Not sure I'd be too eager to move up that high for Coleman, Mitchell or Egbuka, though.
Why move up into the top 10 this year? Thats insane.

In the deepest WR draft in a long time? Makes no sense. We know or everyone should know that we have no chance to compete every year for a SB without hitting on our draft picks. We have to have cheap and good players to offset the Mahomes salary within the cap.

We are dealing with Tuneys salary next year. Even with a great FA signing like this one, that's the penalty for kicking the can down the road and getting some cap room in one year but now we are paying $27 million next year for a LG that we can't get out from under.

The sensible solution is that we tag and trade Jones. Use that draft capital to move up in the draft and get the best WR available at that slot.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:07 PM 11-29-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

It's absolutely hilarious how clueless you are.
Do you have any volume knob besides blood boiling over mad?

I am just asking a question. Clearly we unlocked something Sunday. it's worth a discussion of what we did differently.

I'm just curious to learn what and how much of that is long term and how much of that is playing what the defense gave us. He's had snaps, targets, and ran "heavy slot" routes before. So what changed? It felt like we were more intentional about our screens and blocking to give him a little space to run (he doesn't need very much) and a few instances of attacking him vs man coverage. At the same time it felt like Vegas was more forgiving on Pacheco as a WR and rashee on the drag than some other teams were. Will we see other defenses play that tighter and force us to open up deep? I don't know

So what really worked this time versus prior weeks? I'm more inclined to think we unlocked something workable versus Vegas just playing us badly
[Reply]
Page 122 of 176
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132172 > Last »
Up