ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 122 of 199
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132172 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
jd1020 07:16 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
I hate the way people don't honor a contract nowadays...

Greed is the way of sports now and I couldn't care less, one day it will bankrupt the NFL
In that same breath, NFL teams can hand out contracts for 'x' amount of dollars and not have to pay the entire sum. I dont blame players that are worth the trouble for sitting there and saying, nah fuck that... commit more money.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:21 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
You know what, I think you might be right. Think I am just a little butt hurt. :-)

It just all happened way too fast. The funny part is I actually feel pretty comfortable with how it turned out. Just going to be really hard seeing him in a different uniform.

:-) I feel you, man. We’re all a little butthurt in some form or another. We just lost a Kansas City legend! In his prime!

I’m just saying, we shouldn’t be mad at Tyreek. Man just did what any red blooded American should and would do. Guy already missed out on his first contract (due to the conviction) then took a discount on his first extension (due to the allegations, which turned out to be total bullshit). Now it’s his time to cash in on what he’s rightfully earned.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:35 PM 03-24-2022
No state tax in Florida, too. And nightlife. And no snow. He’s already won a ring and had other accolades that will have his career end in canton. I can’t blame him for wanting to strike while the irons hot.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:53 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
No state tax in Florida, too. And nightlife. And no snow. He’s already won a ring and had other accolades that will have his career end in canton. I can’t blame him for wanting to strike while the irons hot.
6% tax in Missouri. 0% in Florida. $120 million X 6% = $7.2 million more. Not chump change even for Hill.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:49 PM 03-24-2022
https://twitter.com/cheetah/status/1...336784387?s=21

Interesting that he clarified who drafted him.
[Reply]
poolboy 08:54 PM 03-24-2022
at some point, Mahomes is gonna try this bullshit
mark it
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:00 PM 03-24-2022
It's going to sting for a long time but I do love the direction the team is going. We're building this thing to last.
[Reply]
unothadeal 09:21 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
It's going to sting for a long time but I do love the direction the team is going. We're building this thing to last.
It’s the right move for the franchise at the right time while his value is high and we can get picks to build our future on, instead of getting nothing in return when his contract ended. But yeah, a tough pill to swallow not getting to watch him play in red anymore. Such an exciting player.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:34 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
6% tax in Missouri. 0% in Florida. $120 million X 6% = $7.2 million more. Not chump change even for Hill.
The rate is based on where the game is played.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:34 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
In that same breath, NFL teams can hand out contracts for 'x' amount of dollars and not have to pay the entire sum. I dont blame players that are worth the trouble for sitting there and saying, nah fuck that... commit more money.
I don't disagree with your premise and think the players should absolutely be using their leverage. But strictly from a contractual sense, the teams are living up to their obligations while players are reneging on theirs. Every player who signs knows exactly what he's guaranteed and how it's structured. But now players are threatening mutiny and to effectively breach the contract if their demands aren't met. They're not equivalent.
[Reply]
bigjosh 09:36 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
at some point, Mahomes is gonna try this bullshit
mark it

You shut your whore mouth.

Mahomes is a king, he won’t hurt is like that.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:52 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I don't disagree with your premise and think the players should absolutely be using their leverage. But strictly from a contractual sense, the teams are living up to their obligations while players are reneging on theirs. Every player who signs knows exactly what he's guaranteed and how it's structured. But now players are threatening mutiny and to effectively breach the contract if their demands aren't met. They're not equivalent.
Sorry, can’t agree with that. Teams cut players under contract all the time. An exception to that is when it’s more expensive to cut them than keep them. Teams structure contracts all the time in a way that they could get out of them early. It’s one of the biggest reasons players push for such high guaranteed money.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 09:53 PM 03-24-2022
We don’t win the Super Bowl without Tyreek Hill. And we don’t win another one paying Tyreek Hill $30M/yr.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:54 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
We don’t win the Super Bowl without Tyreek Hill. And we don’t win another one paying Tyreek Hill $30M/yr.
Excellent post. I fully agree.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:58 PM 03-24-2022
This dude is greased lightning.

Mahomes is going to make hay with this WR group.

#Packers WR Marquez Valdez-Scantling when hit in stride on his 75 yard TD receptions, clocked a top speed of 22.09 mph.

Via @NextGenStats that is the fastest speed reached by a ball carrier this season.@MVS__11�� || #GoPackGo

pic.twitter.com/ZTIY5p0HhN

— Hogg (@HoggNFL) November 21, 2021

[Reply]
Page 122 of 199
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132172 > Last »
Up