ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 121 of 199
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
jd1020 04:34 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
So Veach agreed to trade Hill to the Jets without receiving a first back. The Dolphins swooped in and stole it with a better offer. The fuck, Veach?
Most likely just used the Jets to push the Dolphins offer a little higher. Hill said himself that the Jets were never going to happen. I would assume Veach knew that.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:42 PM 03-24-2022
So Veach agreed to trade Hill to the Jets without receiving a first back. The Dolphins swooped in and stole it with a better offer. The fuck, Veach?
Gotta think there was a major player as part of the trade package from the Jets.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:48 PM 03-24-2022
Maybe Quinnen Williams?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:52 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Gotta think there was a major player as part of the trade package from the Jets.
We know the offer.

For

Hill

The fact he agreed to that is just fucking abhorrent.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 04:53 PM 03-24-2022
Compared to his production he was underpaid the last 4 years.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:58 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Compared to his production he was underpaid the last 4 years.
Lol. Okay Drew Rosenhaus. Thanks for the finance lesson.

So take your ass and go to the Dolphins. Have fun playing w Tua.
[Reply]
unothadeal 05:02 PM 03-24-2022
If I were a Dolphins fans I wouldn’t be very excited about Hill coming in after listening to that press conference. He made it clear it was a 100% business decision and made the move for the money. I know that was obvious from the start but he could have at least tried to sound like he was excited about the team Miami has and working towards a championship.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:10 PM 03-24-2022
Hill just told the truth. I wanted money and Miami had more it. Fans know this changes nothing. Tua is still weak and will get them nothing.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:25 PM 03-24-2022

Tyreek's reason for leaving: Money. https://t.co/Ah26ia2mUi

— Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) March 24, 2022

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:33 PM 03-24-2022
More details:

Link: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...#storylink=cpy

Originally Posted by :
Agent Drew Rosenhaus said the Dolphins were working on this deal for a week, once Kansas City granted him permission to seek a trade.

“I’ve been doing deals with the Dolphin for 34 years,” Rosenhaus told WQAM’s Joe Rose and Zach Krantz. “And of the dozens of contracts… this is the most momentous. This is a game-changer for this organization.

“Tyreek is one of the greatest players I’ve ever represented. He’s undoubtedly a future Hall of Famer. He’s one of the most explosive players, if not the most explosive player, in the history of the game. I was very surprised when I thought the Chiefs were open to trading him.

“He’s the most dangerous player with the football in his hands, but he’s dangerous without the ball in his hands.. You have to account for him every single play. It opens things underneath. Great for the running game. Makes life easier for Tua. He’s always open. An offensive guru like Mike McDaniel should be able to work wonders with Tyreek.”

He trains here in the offseason and has a home upstate.

Rosenhaus said after DeVante Adams got a record contract from Las Vegas, he told the Chiefs that “this should be the market for Tyreek” and if they don’t agree, “then to have an unprecedented trade and have Tyreek go to a team willing to make him the highest paid receiver.”

The Chiefs agreed to trade terms with the Dolphins and Jets and agreed to accept the offer with the team that gave Hill the contract he wanted.

“The bottom line is he was in the last year of his contract,” Rosenhaus said. “We had actually worked out a restructure that the Chiefs had wanted a week before, and it really looked like we were going to work toward a contract extension. There was even a report that we were close to a deal, that was inaccurate, but we were working on it. Then the [DeVante] Adams deal really flipped everything upside down.

“The Chiefs, I think they had the foresight to see that Tyreek was in the last year of his contract and we weren’t going to take a deal that wasn’t better than Adams, so they recognized this would probably be their last year with Tyreek, and this was their opportunity to potentially rebuild at that position.”

Of Dolphins executives Chris Grier and Brandon Shore, Rosenhaus said: “I can’t tell people how hard they worked on making this deal happen. It was a process we put in an unbelievable amount of time. People would be shocked the amount of effort put into this. They were relentless in their pursuit and commitment.

[Reply]
R8RFAN 05:59 PM 03-24-2022
yall still whining about this? Get over it, move on with your lives
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:05 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:52 PM 03-24-2022
Considering Hill was prepared to sit and cause offseason drama, he held all the cards.

Look at the world we live in. You can protest anything. You can sue anyone into a settlement. You can whine or pout your way into getting what you want.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 06:59 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Considering Hill was prepared to sit and cause offseason drama, he held all the cards.

Look at the world we live in. You can protest anything. You can sue anyone into a settlement. You can whine or pout your way into getting what you want.
I hate the way people don't honor a contract nowadays...

Greed is the way of sports now and I couldn't care less, one day it will bankrupt the NFL
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:06 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by unothadeal:
If I were a Dolphins fans I wouldn’t be very excited about Hill coming in after listening to that press conference. He made it clear it was a 100% business decision and made the move for the money. I know that was obvious from the start but he could have at least tried to sound like he was excited about the team Miami has and working towards a championship.
The local reaction in South Florida is that this is the biggest/best thing to happen to the Dolphins since they drafted Dan Marino. :-)

That's how desperate and bad the Dolphins have been for 20+ years.
[Reply]
Page 121 of 199
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131171 > Last »
Up