ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 120 of 199
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 03:00 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You guys are like teenage girls.

it's a business. If the team makes business decisions, it's business. If a player makes business decisions, it's a business.

You guys get all emotional like spurned teenage girls.

It's fine. See ya round, thanks for the memories, and let's get on with the offseason.
Nobody is spurned, it just proves what a shallow turd he is. Leaves something that could have been a legendary situation for a few extra bucks to party in Florida.

Kelce took less because he loves being a Chief and he loves football. The Chiefs stood by Tyreek in two instances that were horrifying in the public eye and he bailed the second he could.

Yeah, thanks for the memories. Doesn't mean he's not a POS. He kind of always was, he just played for us so we dealt with it. Now that he doesn't, he can pound sand.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:03 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Or his teammates and coaches and the fans and the people that took a chance on him and stood by him.

Don't get why everyone is so gracious towards this guy.

Don't get it twisted, he fucking dumped our ass for a few extra bucks.

Wish him nothing but failure from this point forward.

I started going sour on him with his tipped balls interceptions that really hurt us .
then in the AFFCG its' who was the one Patrick through too but he wasn't in the endzone and couldn't get the touchdown there is a lot of blame on that play to go around but still he was the main target regardless. But too top that was in over time and Patrick just had to throw a maker to Hill but he is short and the taller DB snagged the ball. Earlier in his career he could out jump taller DBs but he should have came away with that ball if he thinks he is #1 WR on the planet.

I know his play making ability will be missed but dollar for dollar I'd rather have 5 draft picks that can make the team better than make it a one man sport. We are going be a better rounded team and Patrick is going have to go through his progressions and not focus on one guy.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:05 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I'm sure I make more than you. You work in a warehouse loser lol
:-) Billay is wrong as usual. Have you ever been right about anything?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:08 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by 1COOLDOG:
This is what happens to you when you're faster than lightning but can only get open on crossing and stop-and-turn routes..and your signature move immediately after catching the ball is to jump 3 yards back...
:-) "He was never really that good anyway!"

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Nobody is spurned, it just proves what a shallow turd he is. Leaves something that could have been a legendary situation for a few extra bucks to party in Florida.
:-) You are clearly butthurt.

Our offense over the last few years, particularly 2018 and the 2019 postseason, was one of the best and most explosive of all time. He was already part of something legendary.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 03:12 PM 03-24-2022
Chiefs should be thanks for T Hill. A great often vastly underpaid player for years since he wasn't a first round pick. And then he got the Chiefs a great draft package when it became apparent that his market value was higher than what the Chiefs wanted to pay.

The amount of additional money that he got from Miami after you factor in guaranteed money and state income taxes is very significant. In his press conference in Miami, he was honest and saying the money was a big factor in him leaving.

I don't blame him. This is his final chance to really cash in and setup his great grandkids for life.

The 5 picks allow the Chiefs to build a lot more depth and get younger.
[Reply]
Meusoc 03:15 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
Chiefs could bundle #29 and #30 to move up in Round 1 and maybe also get that team's second round pick if Chiefs give up a 4th or something.

It would be interesting to see if they just draft with these picks or try to move up for an elite prospect who would never be around at #29 or #30.

Tyreek has brought more excitement and joy than any Chiefs player ever. Long TDs on returns, lined up as RB and so many as WR. His natural gifts and work ethic, he is an all-time great.

I hate to see him leave, but it is not as hard to take as I would have thought, since it is before draft.
We need to get real with these draft trade proposals. Draft picks are always over valued when it comes to trading for other draft picks. To move up to the teens it will cost than two firsts.

For example, Miami traded their third pick in last year draft for the 12th pick over all. And, they also got a first in 2022, a first in 2023, and a 5th rounder. Just to move up 9 spots.

You cannot package the 29, 30 and a 4th to move up and also expect anything in return. To get to the teens, it will require the 29th, 30th and a second
or third rounder, at least.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 03:16 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
:-) You are clearly butthurt.

Our offense over the last few years, particularly 2018 and the 2019 postseason, was one of the best and most explosive of all time. He was already part of something legendary.
I'm really not, I don't let pro sports bother me that much.

I'm just saying the guy is a shallow, low class asshole and always has been, which literally every other fan base in the NFL would agree with except the team he plays for. I always honestly had trouble rooting for him.

Now that he's gone, I don't have to pretend to like him, and I won't.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:22 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
Chiefs should be thanks for T Hill. A great often vastly underpaid player for years since he wasn't a first round pick. And then he got the Chiefs a great draft package when it became apparent that his market value was higher than what the Chiefs wanted to pay.

The amount of additional money that he got from Miami after you factor in guaranteed money and state income taxes is very significant. In his press conference in Miami, he was honest and saying the money was a big factor in him leaving.

I don't blame him. This is his final chance to really cash in and setup his great grandkids for life.

I do thank Hill he is a generational\HOF player for us that we drafted and developed and I didn't want to see go.

But when it comes to the contract it sounded like they were going to offer him $21-23 million\year. He got $25, not lot of difference IMHO. But he can say he is the top paid WR until next year but I think he will regret it in a couple of years. Because the Dolphins will never win and we will be in the hunt every year.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:24 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I'm really not, I don't let pro sports bother me that much.

I'm just saying the guy is a shallow, low class asshole and always has been, which literally every other fan base in the NFL would agree with except the team he plays for. I always honestly had trouble rooting for him.

Now that he's gone, I don't have to pretend to like him, and I won't.
Hmm, well we're pretty different then, because I never had trouble rooting for him. He had his incident in college (before I even knew he existed and now I'm not sure even actually happened) but has been a model citizen and teammate as far as fans can see during his time in KC. What's not to like?

And don't be disingenuous. We're talking about a lot more than "a few extra bucks". We're talking tens of millions more and he gets to play in the place he lives in the offseason.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:31 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:

Yup.

We're better with him than without him (present day, anyway), but no reason to be mad at him.

We got his cheap years (also, likely his best years), won't be killing our cap with his contract going forward and he allowed us to garner a nice little load of draft capital that will help replenish the roster cheaply and help us get younger.

It hurts now, but it is MUCH better move for the Chiefs long term. Everyone will see that in a few years looking back.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:32 PM 03-24-2022
It's his decision, of course, and he's deciding what's important to him. We all have different values.

But I would propose that any job decision is not just about the money. I suspect that most of us could be mercenary and hop to a similar job that pays more. But we don't. Why? I think most of us find a place where we're comfortable and happy and it's not worth the risk of changing to make a bit more money. I would wager that it's far more common in the workforce that people "make enough money" and stay where they're at than it is to always be moving for the highest paycheck. And that's even taking into account that a 20 percent raise for us makes a much bigger difference in our lives than a 20 percent raise for a top NFL player.

It's his right to go and I'll lament that I can no longer root for him. But he's not forced to go to the highest bidder. Apparently the intangibles of playing for the Chiefs weren't a strong enough motivator to convince him to stay.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:38 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
**** Tyreek.

**** him.

And **** anyone who defends him.
JFC… watch/listen to the entire context of his comments.

Tyreek Hill said he drove around to reminisce on his memories as a Chiefs and called Patrick Mahomes. He also talked about how he plans to celebrate.

"It's tough man, but if somebody comes to you with a lot of money, the feelings start to change a bit."

🎥: Dolphins pic.twitter.com/3C73kxkTHL

— Brandon Zenner (@NPNowZenner) March 24, 2022

[Reply]
RaiderH8r 03:57 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
With the Chiefs picks we have to hope, pray, grab our lucky jock straps, and sacrifice sacred animals that one of the selections is the 2nd coming of Reggie White or it results in the 1974 Steelers draft quality.
With all due respect, as a broncos fan, I will be making my sacrifices and raising my totems that y’all botch those picks. Because that is a lot of firepower going into the draft. Flipping Hill may set you guys on another 4 year run at the top of the toughest division in football.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 04:19 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Hmm, well we're pretty different then, because I never had trouble rooting for him. He had his incident in college (before I even knew he existed and now I'm not sure even actually happened) but has been a model citizen and teammate as far as fans can see during his time in KC. What's not to like?

And don't be disingenuous. We're talking about a lot more than "a few extra bucks". We're talking tens of millions more and he gets to play in the place he lives in the offseason.
You know what, I think you might be right. Think I am just a little butt hurt. :-)

It just all happened way too fast. The funny part is I actually feel pretty comfortable with how it turned out. Just going to be really hard seeing him in a different uniform.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:25 PM 03-24-2022
So Veach agreed to trade Hill to the Jets without receiving a first back. The Dolphins swooped in and stole it with a better offer. The fuck, Veach?
[Reply]
Page 120 of 199
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170 > Last »
Up