ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 173
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****
Dante84 06:41 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Mahomes knew Rashee Rice was his guy after throwing with him in Dallas.@AdamLefkoe with the scoop �� pic.twitter.com/X8ZAab22kM

— B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) April 29, 2023

Rashee Rice | WR | SMU

One of the best WR prospects at the catch point and winning leverage mid-route. He consistently sets up defenders to put them on his back, locates the ball, and attacks it at the highest point.

Skill set is wild for a 6' 200lb WR. pic.twitter.com/ClxW4SJvi5

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 16, 2023

Rashee Rice was drafted with pick 55 of round 2 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 9.53 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 145 out of 3062 WR from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/lwD9tvVPvv pic.twitter.com/YjucxErSE1

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

[Reply]
Bwana 07:22 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

...yet some people are automatically pissed when that completely non-scientific, completely theoretical process of splitting hairs doesn't go the way their non-football-professional brain had it sorted out, versus a franchise that seems to be doing pretty well these days.

k.

Over the years here, it's become one of my favorite parts of the draft process. "This guy sucks, WASTED PICK!!" A lot of time followed up in a day or two with, "the more I see on this guy, the more I like the pick!!" :-)
[Reply]
HC_Chief 07:23 PM 04-28-2023
JFC, Jefferson, Hopkins, ...Rod Smith?! These comps are ridiculous. I sure hope Rice can live up to this, but come on, let's not get too crazy before we see him play. If he turns out to be what some of you are saying, this pick will be THE pick of the 2023 draft.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:23 PM 04-28-2023
This definitely rules out Hopkins

2nd yr in a tow we drafted a small school WR
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:24 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Pest provided it already.

We drafted Rice - I came.
So you have the same taste in WR’s as Mahomes. Well done sir! :-)
[Reply]
|Zach| 07:24 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
JFC, Jefferson, Hopkins, ...Rod Smith?! These comps are ridiculous. I sure hope Rice can live up to this, but come on, let's not get too crazy before we see him play. If he turns out to be what some of you are saying, this pick will be THE pick of the 2023 draft.
I mean...generally when you are trying to explain to people the type of player a guy is you don't use dogshit unknown players as comparisons right? :-)
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:24 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Over the years here, it's become on of my favorite parts of the draft process. "This guy sucks, WASTED PICK!!" A lot of time followed up in a day or two with, "the more I see on this guy, the more I like the pick!!" :-)
:-)

and then bumping the thread in 3 years to see all the horrifically awful takes :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:25 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I hope he can be coached up that way. Not too concerned about his athleticism. But he’s gotta learn to catch with his hands and we can’t afford inconsistently in an efficient offense. I mostly like it but hes got a very long way to go before he becomes even 30+ year old DHop
Ok, well, we took the kid at 55, not 5th overall.

None of these guys were perfect in this draft, other than maybe Smith-Nigba.

Every single other guy has flaws. Everybody wanted Hyatt, but he wasn't the burner that was advertised, and route running was suspect.

Rice is the better prospect. I saw it, said it like a month ago, and so did DJ.

So we win! Yay!

I'm kiddin' ya.

Go watch some video on the kid. He's a gamer! A quicker Juju? A more athletic Juju? I see a young Hopkins.
[Reply]
Chieftain 07:25 PM 04-28-2023
Rice was routinely mocked as a 2nd round talent. So, again. Not a reach. Crazy athleticism and very good size.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:26 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
This definitely rules out Hopkins

2nd yr in a tow we drafted a small school WR
Mahomes works him out in Texas. Tells Veach, go get him. Unless Veach thinks he’s shit, you go get him.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:26 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Mahomes works him out in Texas. Tells Veach, go get him. Unless Veach thinks he’s shit, you go get him.
I'm sure Veach requested the work out...
[Reply]
RustShack 07:26 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I just told staylor, its not about the player, its about the pick and spending draft picks to move up.
You think they traded up just because they were bored? They thought/knew he was going soon and went up to get him first. Not every team follows the rankings you do lol.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:27 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Rashee Rice did an interview where he said he models his game after DeAndre Hopkins...
Yeah, and when I played pick-up basketball, I always modeled my game after Kobe.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:28 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
So you have the same taste in WR’s as Mahomes. Well done sir! :-)
I just started picking through the thread and am pretty damn surprised by the pushback. This guy is an ideal X here. Great ball skills, plays physical, very good in space, good quicks. He didn't time as well as I expected because I actually see strong downfield speed as well but admittedly that could be quality of competition.

Like, I'm not even beating my chest over this one because it just seems like a bit of a 'duh' pick to me. He's gonna he real good, IMO.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:28 PM 04-28-2023
before anyone else is allowed to bitch, watch the highlight reels posted here in the OP. Then come back and tell me about how terrible this pick was.

No.

This kid was high on my list. I liked him and Mingo the most, probably. I wanted a little bigger body to counter the smaller Toney and Moore.
[Reply]
lcarus 07:28 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I was looking at Justin Jefferson's RAS just for shits and giggles. Very similar in size and measurables. Jefferson is a tad faster but Rice has bigger hands and better vertical/broad jump.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 173
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Up