ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Nzoner's Game Room>MVS Released
Shag 02:17 PM Yesterday

Source: The #Bills are releasing Marquez Valdes-Scantling, a move to create space for newly acquired Amari Cooper.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 15, 2024

You know he's coming back, guess we're running it back...
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:33 AM Today
Very small chance this doesn't happen.
[Reply]
VAChief 08:04 AM Today
Not necessarily an immediate help, but if the Jets decide to keep Williams, I would try to poach Malachi Corley if they put him on the practice squad. Kind of a gadget guy, but has an interesting skill set that would be fun to see what Andy could draw up for him.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:04 AM Today
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
What other options? Veach has only traded for a 30 year old rental once in his entire tenure as gm and it was Melvin Ingram for a 6th. Most of the names suggested come with big contracts too. If the Saints continue to tank I'd look at Shaheed. Him or Jalin Hyatt seem like a Veach move but I can't see anyone else Veach would break his trade tendencies for tbh.
There’s possibly Dionte Johnson or Mike Williams. They are about the only ones that I can think of off hand. I know this might not be a popular choice, but I would not be against hitting up Cleveland for Jeudy.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:06 AM Today
So many people love to look at the negative parts of someone and ignore the positive. MVS has something none of these other wideouts ya'll are calling for have. And that's chemistry with Pat, knowledge of Reid's system and last but not least CHAMPIONSHIP EXPERIENCE. So when your team are trailing in a big game WE KNOW MVS has it in him to come up big under pressure. We don't know that with the other popular names being talked about. There's really only one other guy out there who has all of the aspects MVS has and that's Tyreek Hill. No-one else. And he ain't coming back.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:12 AM Today
Originally Posted by tredadda:
There’s possibly Dionte Johnson or Mike Williams. They are about the only ones that I can think of off hand. I know this might not be a popular choice, but I would not be against hitting up Cleveland for Jeudy.
I like Jeudy but I'm not sure if his contract would interest Veach tbh.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:13 AM Today
So many people love to look at the negative parts of someone and ignore the positive. MVS has something none of these other wideouts ya'll are calling for have. And that's chemistry with Pat, knowledge of Reid's system and last but not least CHAMPIONSHIP EXPERIENCE. So when your team are trailing in a big game WE KNOW MVS has it in him to come up big under pressure. We don't know that with the other popular names being talked about. There's really only one other guy out there who has all of the aspects MVS has and that's Tyreek Hill. No-one else. And he ain't coming back.
MVS is Frank Clark. Meh in the regular season and a beast in the postseason. I don’t see teams tripping over themselves trying to sign him. If we still have a need for a WR come playoff time then sign him at that point. Him coming in now (unless it’s to the PS) means he’s replacing someone. While many of us would love that to be Skyy, the reality is he’s untouchable for some strange reason.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:13 AM Today
I like Jeudy but I'm not sure if his contract would interest Veach tbh.
What are his cap numbers?
[Reply]
BWillie 08:43 AM Today
This is simple.

Massive positive if it means we cut Skyy Moore.

Meaningless to a net negative if we don't.
[Reply]
philfree 08:43 AM Today
MVS would probably move into the WR 3 role held by Watson. So MVS or Watson on the field? It would also allow Hardman to focus on his return duties where he's been doing a great job. As fast as Hardman is he just doesn't take the top off. He's free and cheap so we don't screw our cap or lose a draft pick. Let the other teams squander their draft capital and screw their salary caps trading for guys who aren't going to put them over the top.
[Reply]
saltydd5 09:54 AM Today
looking at Over the Cap, we have a 2 mill "dead money" charge already against the 2024 cap. If we sign him, what happens to his cap number?
[Reply]
Mecca 09:55 AM Today
What are his cap numbers?
Cleveland just acquired and gave him a new deal this offseason.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:59 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Cleveland just acquired and gave him a new deal this offseason.
I would still at least inquire as I doubt they expected their team to be this bad this year. I would be curious about his cap numbers here.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:02 AM Today
I would still at least inquire as I doubt they expected their team to be this bad this year. I would be curious about his cap numbers here.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_...09/jerry-jeudy

His base this year is 1.125 million the issue though his contract has 41 million guaranteed if Cleveland were to move him they literally paid him 41 million dollars for 6 games...

They'd probably want a 1 just for the money they ate.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Up