ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs restructure Taylor
siberian khatru 06:16 AM 10-25-2024

With cap space tight after the DeAndre Hopkins trade, the Chiefs restructured the contract of OT Jawaan Taylor by converting salary into a signing bonus, creating $5.3M in 2024 room.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) October 25, 2024

via GIPHY

[Reply]
BossChief 02:11 PM 10-26-2024
Veach wants to see how Wanya performs against Crosby before signing David Bahktiari.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 02:16 PM 10-26-2024
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Panthers are suddenly holding Dionte Johnson out this week? Could it be because they want his trade value to remain as high as possible?

Even with Hopkins we are still one injury away from an empty cupboard.

I believe adding Johnson would secure the position through the Superbowl. Juju could go down at any minute and we dont know if Hollywood will be ready for sure. He may be rusty even if he can play in the playoffs.

This would give Mahomes some WRs that he can count on for the 3peat!!

I wouldnt rule out Zadarius Smith though. Veach wanted him and again its a position we could use some reinforcements.

I dont think Lattimore is in the cards because he would just be a one year rental. Even though 16 million is cheap for him, we have to pay Mcduffie and some other guys. That would be a lot tied up in Corners and we know the Chiefs like to grow their own in that position.
I think we could swing both Z Smith and Johnson under current cap space.

The stans for that brokedick LT are rerunned, tho.
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 05:58 PM 10-26-2024
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Veach wants to see how Wanya performs against Crosby before signing David Bahktiari.

Totally agree with this. Crosby will show us what we need to do or not.
[Reply]
Fishels 09:08 PM Yesterday
Maybe after today we do need a corner more than we thought. But Wanya was tough to watch today with the penalties
[Reply]
Bump 09:10 PM Yesterday
that's 2 good games in a row for Taylor

Good job
[Reply]
staylor26 09:19 PM Yesterday

Via @NextGenStats: "Chiefs RT Jawaan Taylor did not allow a single pressure across 28 pass blocking matchups against Maxx Crosby (25 of 28 were one-on-one matchups). Crosby failed to generate a pressure on any of his 41 pass rushes, the most pass rushes without recording a…

— Jesse Newell (@jessenewell) October 28, 2024

[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:19 PM Yesterday
From what I found, it looks like Taylor has been penalized 7 times this year.

5 false starts. 2 holds.

I believe I remember the hold against the Saints being pretty weak.

False starts are called on OTs depending on how the ref is feeling that day it seems. Little consistency across the league.

Anyway, major improvement from last year. He’s been solid.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:55 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
From what I found, it looks like Taylor has been penalized 7 times this year.

5 false starts. 2 holds.

I believe I remember the hold against the Saints being pretty weak.

False starts are called on OTs depending on how the ref is feeling that day it seems. Little consistency across the league.

Anyway, major improvement from last year. He’s been solid.
This man deserves to have a bbq sandwich named after him.
[Reply]
Balto 12:10 AM Today
I know many will say DONT MESS WITH IT! But Taylor has practiced and taken snaps as a LT. I also completely understand in today’s NFL LT and RT are played about the same. The fact still remains that Mahomes can not see what’s coming on his blind side as well as the RT side. Maybe not by much but it’s still a fact! Just ask Pat haha

Taylor should be moved to LT and one of the two young tackles play right. If Taylor performs well this will give Mahomes that opportunity xtra time to make it all happen!

Works ok for Fisher
[Reply]
O.city 06:42 AM Today
Going from RT to LT is like playing a sport right handed, then switching to play it left.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:49 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Going from RT to LT is like playing a sport right handed, then switching to play it left.
My fear is that we’d get worse at two spots on the OL.

Taylor would likely be a better LT than our other options, but what if he isn’t?

Right now, we’re good to great at 4 of 5. I’d rather focus on what we can do to help that 5th one out as opposed to messing with any of the other 4.
[Reply]
Balto 06:49 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
He knows what to do.
[Reply]
Balto 06:51 AM Today
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
My fear is that we’d get worse at two spots on the OL.

Taylor would likely be a better LT than our other options, but what if he isn’t?

Right now, we’re good to great at 4 of 5. I’d rather focus on what we can do to help that 5th one out as opposed to messing with any of the other 4.
That makes sense but I’m sure Pat would 1000% feel better about a better tackle on his “blindside” than the right were he always has eyes on what’s coming.
[Reply]
O.city 07:01 AM Today
Knowing what to do and actually being able to do it....not the same.

It's a dumb talking point that will never ever happen.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:18 AM Today
No way that's a change you make now. If that was ever a possibility it should have been done in training camp.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Up