ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 20
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About Nagy's Playcalling
Bowser 06:50 PM 10-29-2023
I think we can all agree that our offense has been "off" all season, minus the Bears and Chargers games. Mahomes hasn't looked himself by and large, and that could well be because of the talent around him, but watching the plays unfold just makes me wonder why some of the plays are being called in the first place.

Today was an abomination on many fronts with the offense but it sure looked a good deal like an Alex Smith game plan, minus Mahomes' patented making something out of nothing scramble drill passes. The run plays were predictable and getting nothing, but they kept forcing them. We threw the ball laterally as much as horizontally (seemingly), and the plays themselves just look, well, off.

Is it Nagy, is it Mahomes, is it the talent outside of Mahomes and Kelce, or is it a combination of all that? Or was this game just an outlier and our annual piss down our legs game as has been suggested, and I'm just OMG-ing for no good reason?

Something FEELS different than in the past so far this season. I would love to put my finger on what it is, precisely.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:45 PM 11-05-2023
3RD POSS PLAYS YDS RESULT

13:14 KC 13 3:17 5 29 PUNT
4:47 KC 25 2:35 5 7 FUMBLE
0:22 KC 21 3:15 7 24 PUNT
4TH POSS PLAYS
4:10 KC 10 1:42 3 9 PUNT
1:00 KC 44 1:00 2 -2 GAME
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:01 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
Wow. I didn't know we were bad. Less than a touchdown in a half with the best QB ever is something that should never happen.
I mean, we lost our offensive coordinator in the off-season. I don't think anyone would anticipate us being BETTER after something like that.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:05 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
He really hasn't. He's a better player but he's running a limited route tree and still isn't consistently playing tons of snaps. Juju was routinely getting 8+ targets a game. He wasn't all world but he's clearly missed. And it stings more because defenses have gotten way better at defending our look and others across the league like us
Yeah, I'm not buying Juju is the answer the problems but you do you.
[Reply]
-King- 02:06 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Yeah, I'm not buying Juju is the answer the problems but you do you.
He's not saying Juju specifically is the answer. Just a player that can be targeted and relied on like Juju was last year. Right now we don't have that.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:08 PM 11-05-2023
Why is Toney not on the field? There is no legitimate argument to be made why he isn't getting snaps over Moore. Moore is pretty terrible at just about anything barring a busted coverage.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:09 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I mean, we lost our offensive coordinator in the off-season. I don't think anyone would anticipate us being BETTER after something like that.
Uh? You new here?. EB was the root of all offensive problems and him and Mahomes didn’t like each other. /CP

It was addition by subtraction.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:10 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Why is Toney not on the field? There is no legitimate argument to be made why he isn't getting snaps over Moore. Moore is pretty terrible at just about anything barring a busted coverage.
Cause he makes maybe one play a game and one serious bone head play a game. He’s not worth the hassle.
[Reply]
wheeler08 02:10 PM 11-05-2023
A bunch of you guys were all over Nagys nuts this offseason and was so excited he was
Coming back. He was absolutely garbage when he was here, garbage in Chicago….and I’ll be damned if he still isn’t garbage. I hope they left him and Toub in the ovens in Germany
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:11 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Cause he makes maybe one play a game and one serious bone head play a game. He’s not worth the hassle.
Moore makes no plays. He's liable to fuck up plays specifically designed for him. At the very least Toney has elite YAC skills.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:11 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
A bunch of you guys were all over Nagys nuts this offseason and was so excited he was
Coming back. He was absolutely garbage when he was here, garbage in Chicago….and I’ll be damned if he still isn’t garbage. I hope they left him and Toub in the ovens in Germany
Close this thread. Well said.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:12 PM 11-05-2023
Moore makes no plays. He's liable to **** up plays specifically designed for him. At the very least Toney has elite YAC skills.
Yet can’t make plays or get open. He’s a liability when you specifically design plays for him. He’s just as likely to drop or tip it for an INT as he is to catch it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:12 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
I'm dreading the day he takes over for Reid.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:13 PM 11-05-2023
He won’t.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:14 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
He's not saying Juju specifically is the answer. Just a player that can be targeted and relied on like Juju was last year. Right now we don't have that.
Actually we do, his name is Rashee Rice and for some inexplicable reason they keep pulling him off the field
[Reply]
wheeler08 02:14 PM 11-05-2023
I pray, pray(!) that Veach isn’t that stupid
[Reply]
Page 12 of 20
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up