ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Jared Wiley Thread*****
Dante84 11:38 AM 04-27-2024
More to come!

I keep thinking Jared Wiley (TE-TCU) would be a really good understudy to Travis Kelce.

Both former QBs, both very good option-route guys who understand spacing and timing, and Wiley has an athletic profile similar to Kelce (long, lean, vertical speed). Wiley isn't the blocker…

— Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) April 17, 2024

Sleeper pick in this year's draft? ��

TE Jared Wiley from TCU @dpbrugler��: https://t.co/wG42iYu34u pic.twitter.com/GLyvAu9pB4

— NFL on FOX Podcast (@NFLonFOXPod) April 11, 2024

The Chiefs have a new TE! Here's what you need to know about the Chiefs 4th round pick, Jared Wiley! ��

(fueled by @Holladay1856) pic.twitter.com/MIJRYRSMUt

— KC Sports Network (@KCSportsNetwork) April 27, 2024

Chiefs Fourth Round Draft Pick Jared Wiley https://t.co/njJcuEaKDT

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) April 27, 2024

The TE with the most TDs in college football this past season? Jared Wiley �� pic.twitter.com/Hm6CPzrpWG

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) :-)516147978453?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 27, 2024

[Reply]
RunKC 08:41 AM 07-05-2024
More and more teammates gushing over this guy. Telling you guys I have a great feeling about this kid. Im higher on him than Worthy. Nick Bolton sure likes the kid.

Originally Posted by :
The tight end we got [Jared Wiley] looks like a great red-zone target. He’s a great route-runner that already understands spacing. That’s impressive considering he’s yet to play a game in this league. He understands concepts and finds ways to get open. He’s in the right place at the right time and understands how to dominate his leverage. He’s legit almost 6-foot-8. Once you get the ball in his vicinity, he’s going to come down with it.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/2024/06/...interview-2024
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:45 AM 07-05-2024
I'm so fucking excited for this season, especially with all the weapons we've added on offense. We're going to be borderline impossible to stop.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:47 AM 07-05-2024
People are upset that the Bills let us get Worthy, but the entire league is going to be far more furious that they let us get Wiley in the 4th round.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:52 AM 07-05-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
People are upset that the Bills let us get Worthy, but the entire league is going to be far more furious that they let us get Wiley in the 4th round.
I agree with this.

They look at Kelce and get a glimmer of hope that he will retire soon or at least slow down a bit, if the Chiefs find a replacement in the 4th round AND have Kelce around to mentor the kid - it sucks the hope out of our opponents.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 08:53 AM 07-05-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
More and more teammates gushing over this guy. Telling you guys I have a great feeling about this kid. Im higher on him than Worthy. Nick Bolton sure likes the kid.

Super stoked about this guy! Since I’m too lazy to do some research, can anyone give me a quick breakdown of why he didn’t get drafted earlier? He seems to have everything you’d want in a TE.
[Reply]
penchief 09:09 AM 07-05-2024
LOL. Two Bills Drive thinks it has the next Travis Kelce. Can’t wait to read that board once it dawns on them that we drafted the next Kelce in the 4th round.

That place really hates us. Right now there is a thread over there with a poll called “if all things were equal” where over 60% have Allen as the better quarterback because Mahomes doesn’t truck linebackers. They think Pat has had everything gift wrapped for him while Allen has been dealing with inferior coaching and talent. LOL.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:46 PM 07-05-2024
Incredible countertenor voice!

[Reply]
RealSNR 03:02 PM 07-05-2024
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
Super stoked about this guy! Since I’m too lazy to do some research, can anyone give me a quick breakdown of why he didn’t get drafted earlier? He seems to have everything you’d want in a TE.
Here's what Zierlein said:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jared-...b-be0cb1a9ec84

I'm not worried about too much of it. We didn't draft him to replace Kelce (because it's likely nobody can or will) so why fret over some scouting remarks about the things he could have been better at in college?

I read his positive attributes and I think, "Yes, thank you, that's good enough." He's a bit on the older side, but that doesn't mean he can't improve some of that other stuff with NFL coaching, particularly with a coach like Tom Melvin.

If all we get is the guy exactly as he is in the scouting report, he's still an incredible weapon for our offense.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 04:42 PM 07-05-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Here's what Zierlein said:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jared-...b-be0cb1a9ec84

I'm not worried about too much of it. We didn't draft him to replace Kelce (because it's likely nobody can or will) so why fret over some scouting remarks about the things he could have been better at in college?

I read his positive attributes and I think, "Yes, thank you, that's good enough." He's a bit on the older side, but that doesn't mean he can't improve some of that other stuff with NFL coaching, particularly with a coach like Tom Melvin.

If all we get is the guy exactly as he is in the scouting report, he's still an incredible weapon for our offense.
Thank you sir! Yeah, that makes sense. You’re right, we’re never going to “replace” Kelce. But, still excited to see what he’ll bring to the table!
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:13 PM 07-05-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Yeah, he has the size and the natural ability to be a real weapon and difference maker.

Maybe it's the QB to TE background but very savvy player that you can tell processes the game better than most.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 05:58 PM 07-05-2024
Originally Posted by penchief:
LOL. Two Bills Drive thinks it has the next Travis Kelce. Can’t wait to read that board once it dawns on them that we drafted the next Kelce in the 4th round.

That place really hates us. Right now there is a thread over there with a poll called “if all things were equal” where over 60% have Allen as the better quarterback because Mahomes doesn’t truck linebackers. They think Pat has had everything gift wrapped for him while Allen has been dealing with inferior coaching and talent. LOL.
Kinkaid ain’t shit.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:11 PM 07-05-2024
I have no reason to think he'll suck, but what if Brock Bowers is just kind of there and never does what the historically elite TEs of the past 30 years do? Like, let's say he's OJ Howard instead of Tony Gonzalez. Now imagine if Wiley is even a top 5 TE from season to season.

How pissed are the Raiders going to be? :-)
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:13 AM 07-06-2024
I'm kind of rooting for Brock Bowers to suck just because it would be funny if they strike out again at TE
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:57 AM 07-06-2024
Originally Posted by penchief:

I mean, what if Wiley is as good or better than Kincaid? And Worthy hits? It’s fun to dream on.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:19 PM 07-06-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's kinda the feeling I get as well. The 'chicken or egg' question here is 'Texas' over 'Priority prospect'.

I think kids from the local area and up putting themselves more firmly on the Chiefs radar by virtue of geographic proximity to Mahomes.
Texas makes a lot of sense IMO. No real culture shock coming to KC, normally pretty good players. Same with Louisiana. Close geographically.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Up