ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 30
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs and Jones agree to new deal
Sassy Squatch 09:42 PM 03-09-2024

�� �� ��

The #Chiefs and All-Pro DT Chris Jones have a blockbuster deal to keep him in KC, per his agents @KatzBrosSports. The top free agent is off the market and a huge move for the champs. �� pic.twitter.com/BHmM49TCtt

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 10, 2024

Chiefs and five-time Pro-Bowl DT Chris Jones reached agreement on a record 5-year deal that includes $95 million guaranteed and allows KC to keep its best defender before free agency begins, per his agents, @KatzBrosSports.

Deal is expected to be the highest average salary ever… pic.twitter.com/aRidQ0309z

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 10, 2024

[Reply]
BossChief 12:38 AM 03-10-2024
I bet we get juicy leaks in the next 48 hours of how Houston was ready to give him 35m and he decided to stay in KC to finish what they started.

5 in a row!
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:48 AM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I'm good with it as long as they still draft a 3T this year.

The DT class is loaded with those types, and it would be nice to preserve him a bit for the postseason.
You don't have to worry about that. The offense is going to be putting up more points next year. The will be many opportunities to rest Kelce and Jones.
[Reply]
carcosa 12:49 AM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:

Oh HELL yeah
[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 12:50 AM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by Fishels:
Well I was half wrong about Chris jones. I was right that he’d expect a lot of money, but I was dead wrong veach would give it to him! Wow.

Kinda mixed feelings. Absolutely love Jones but I’m still wanting to see offensive moves and hanging on to older players always makes me nervous. He is pretty much the face of the D line tho

Hoping he continues to be the amazing player he is
Wake up & Live Bro, Brah, Bruh. Get used to it.
[Reply]
BigChiefTN 12:52 AM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Jones is worth every penny we are giving him, I could care less if it’s 40 mil a year. Hes that damn good. We have zero wins without him and that’s just a fact
I'm glad we re-signed him, but you may want to check our record when we have played without him , the team held their own ...
[Reply]
BossChief 12:56 AM 03-10-2024
Defenders inked for at least the next 2-3 seasons:

Tranquill
Jones
Karlaftis
McDuffie
Williams
Watson
Chenal
Cook
Conner
FAU

You can probably add Bolton to that list, as they would surely franchise him after this upcoming season if they haven’t extended him yet.

This draft could be ALL skill position offensive players and I’d be happy if all we came out with is a stud receiver and a good LT on rookie deals.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:59 AM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
Hey! Where are those naysayers that were posting earlier!?

Crickets abound!! This is a great day!! KC is keeping one of their own!! Love it!!
I was in the camp that thought it more likely than not that he was gone.

But I never thought that was a foregone conclusion.

So I'm mildly surprised but not shocked to see the mega third deal contract.

Anything that gets done as far as contracts and FA and drafts is all calculated gambles.

Jones has absolutely wrecked shit and won games, especially in the post season when it matters.

If he is at least good during the regular season and makes an impact in the post season... That can absolutely be worth the 30/year cap hit or whatever.

If for whatever reason he ends up less than that...*

But I'm fine winning in the post season with Mahomes being the leading rusher and the D pitching a shutouts in the fourth quarter.

So LFG.

*Glad I don't have BV's job.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:00 AM 03-10-2024
Yep. Heavy, heavy offense draft coming.
[Reply]
el borracho 01:15 AM 03-10-2024
Ok, but for that kind of money I want to see him cry at 3 more Super Bowls, minimum.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:23 AM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Yep. Heavy, heavy offense draft coming.
If we end up with 8 picks after trading Sneed, I’d like to see something like:

-2 DL
-1 DB (another Veach late round find)
-2 WR
-1 or 2 OL
-1 RB
-Maybe 1 TE

Something like 5 offense, 3 defense sounds about right.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 01:44 AM 03-10-2024
News coming out of Bridgeport, West Virginia:

Mike Florio found naked and in fetal position at local Dollar General store. He is currently under observation and on suicide watch at a mental health facility.
[Reply]
-King- 01:56 AM 03-10-2024
Boom!!
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:59 AM 03-10-2024
I'll definitely say this. I feel like Veach went out of his way to sign Chris Jones and Jones/Katz went out of their way to get a deal done.

This is not how negotiations with Tyreek went down. Tyreek's agents were aggressive in finding a trade partner and Veach obliged.

The "good-faith negotiations" aspect of this deal cannot be understated.

Jones is a true Chief, an all-time great. When he retires he'll get every perk, cherry, and even a statue.
[Reply]
nychief 02:33 AM 03-10-2024
Spend Clark’s money. Good all around.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:53 AM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
There’s also something to be said for rewarding a player who has come up through your organization and been a good soldier and teammate every step of the way.

Shows players the Chiefs will take care of you if you do your part for them.

Chris definitely earned this and I’m happy for him.
The guy literally sat out all of training camp and the first game... in which we lost. He absolutely was not a good soldier.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 30
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up