ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 20
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Diggs traded to Texans
RunKC 08:57 AM 04-03-2024

Blockbuster: Bills are finalizing a trade to send four-time Pro-Bowl WR Stefon Diggs to the Houston Texans for draft-pick compensation, sources tell ESPN. pic.twitter.com/5tIJGkve6t

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 3, 2024

[Reply]
staylor26 12:38 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
https://theathletic.com/5387835/2024...xans-attitude/
Damn it, I'd really like to fap to this.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:39 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
I keep forgetting about Davis. Sheesh.
It's nothing bro. They'll just draft a WR and pick right up where they left off!
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:40 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Damn it, I'd really like to fap to this.
Me too. Gotta pay for the chismes.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:46 PM 04-03-2024
Just to further emphasize my point about Allen needing to use his legs more, they had to become a run first team last year to make it work offensively. Allen and Cook running the ball was their identity down the stretch.

You're going to tell me they don't need to be a run first team to make it work again this year? Maybe even moreso?
[Reply]
Mecca 12:49 PM 04-03-2024
James Cook is going to go from being under used to touching the ball 25 times a game.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:50 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
James Cook is going to go from being under used to touching the ball 25 times a game.
I traded for him for peanuts in my keeper league before the deadline last year.

Best move I've made in a while.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:52 PM 04-03-2024
It's nothing bro. They'll just draft a WR and pick right up where they left off!
They averaged 26 PPG in their last 6 games of the season mostly without Diggs and Davis.

Diggs and Davis had a combined 1 TD in that stretch :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 12:54 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They averaged 26 PPG in their last 6 games of the season mostly without Diggs and Davis.

Diggs and Davis had a combined 1 TD in that stretch :-)
You're being obtuse.

Again, how did they change offensively down the stretch? They ran the ball.

All I said was that they're going to have to run the ball even more now, so Allen will have to use his legs more.

You are acting like losing Diggs and Davis is absolutely nothing. They got worse at WR dude, whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

If they got worse at WR, it's reasonable to assume they will have focus even more on the run game.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:56 PM 04-03-2024
Kelce's production dropped significantly for a good stretch of the regular season last year.

He was non-existent some games.

Does that mean we wouldn't have been even worse without him? Does the lack of production mean he didn't have any impact on the defense?
[Reply]
scho63 12:57 PM 04-03-2024
Most of us saw the breakup of the Bills as inevitable due to their fucked up cap space position.

The Cowboys are in the same boat and next year they are fucked.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:07 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
Most of us saw the breakup of the Bills as inevitable due to their fucked up cap space position.

The Cowboys are in the same boat and next year they are fucked.

Purely as a theoretical exercise I wonder what happens if DAL decides to just move on from Dak, are they still in cap hell? Because they really should. Dak isn't leading them anywhere near a SB.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:10 PM 04-03-2024
You're being obtuse.

Again, how did they change offensively down the stretch? They ran the ball.

All I said was that they're going to have to run the ball even more now, so Allen will have to use his legs more.

You are acting like losing Diggs and Davis is absolutely nothing. They got worse at WR dude, whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

If they got worse at WR, it's reasonable to assume they will have focus even more on the run game.
You are overselling Gabe Davis and underselling Khalil Shakir.

Gave Davis has never been a WR1. He’s a decent vertical WR2. At the end of last year Shakir looked good. TD in both playoff games, 100+ yards in the Miami finale. He only had 45 targets though.

Davis had an avg of 682 receiving yards per year in Buffalo. Shakir had 611 yards on just over half the targets Davis got the last 2 years. Is it really a long shot to say Shakir could be a decent replacement for Davis?

There’s also the Josh Allen effect. No doubt Gabe Davis looked better bc of Josh and Shakir too.

Yeah losing Diggs sucks. He was great but he’s turning 31 and has already showed signs of slowing down. A guy like Bryan Thomas Jr would be great for them. He could be solid as a rookie and break out in year 2.

I’m a big fan of BTJ though and feel he’s undervalued bc he played on the same team as Nabers. A guy like BTJ is such a good fit for the Bills and Chiefs. He’s a WR1 prospect and I think he could ball out as a rookie.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:14 PM 04-03-2024
I'm not overselling Davis. I simply said that he and Diggs have been their 2 best WRs, and even with Shakir who is also good, they still don't have any legit outside WRs now. Shakir and Samuel are better inside. Hell, Kincaid is too.

You keep dodging the original point though.

Again, all I am saying is that Allen will have to use his legs even more. I don't see how that is even debatable.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 01:14 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
Most of us saw the breakup of the Bills as inevitable due to their ****ed up cap space position.

The Cowboys are in the same boat and next year they are ****ed.
The Bills and Cowboys both hitched their wagons to extremely overrated QBs. They assumed they had Super Bowl windows, when they never really did. They went "all in" for nothing.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:15 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They have Dawson Knox and Dalton Kincaid at TE with complimentary WR’s in Curtis Samuel and Khalil Shakir.

Trade up for BTJ or Mitchell and they’ll be fine
Jfc :-)
[Reply]
Page 12 of 20
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up