ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 48
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Child dies at Schlitterbahn in KCK
tk13 03:29 PM 08-07-2016
This is horrifying. Supposed to be a press conference soon with more details. Rumors seem to indicate it happened on the Verrukt, the world's tallest waterslide.

Boy, 12, killed in accident at Schlitterbahn Water Park in Kansas City, Kan., police say. https://t.co/Msn6QJO1ZS pic.twitter.com/gse0gZvIC6

— Alex Johnson (@MAlexJohnson) August 7, 2016

[Reply]
siberian khatru 02:07 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by eDave:
I love coasters. Can't do Space Mountain though. That one freaked me out for some reason. Really bad. I was scared to death. And I was in my 30's when I rode it. The dark freaked me teh fuck OUT. It's hard to keep one's head on a ride like that.

/shudder
I'm the exact opposite. I don't mind the speed and turns and upside-down stuff on coasters; I just can't stand the slow climb to the top, because I'm afraid of heights. What I like about Space Mountain (a relatively tame ride these days) is the fact that because of the dark, I can't see where I'm going.
[Reply]
loochy 02:07 PM 08-08-2016
It's hard to keep one's head on a ride like that.

/shudder
dude
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 02:23 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
WTF?
I believe it's actually $300k for damages that are not actual (medical care,etc.). Doesn't matter, they will settle out of court anyhow to avoid publicity.
[Reply]
sedated 02:33 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
Doesn't matter, they will settle out of court anyhow to avoid publicity.
Yeah, this story hasn't gotten any exposure so far.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 02:35 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by sedated:
Yeah, this story hasn't gotten any exposure so far.
doesn't matter, they will want it gone from the news cycle as soon as possible. Just like Disney settled with the gator kid.

You can see damaged netting at about 1:08 in this video

http://www.kmbc.com/news/person-dies...rbahn/41091622
[Reply]
eDave 02:38 PM 08-08-2016
So his head was basically ripped off. Good God.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:58 PM 08-08-2016
So his head was basically ripped off. Good God.
I know it's horrific for the people who saw him (and his family), but take some solace in the fact that the kid almost certainly went from having a ton of fun to gone in a split second. There's not much suffering when the injury is that catastrophic.
[Reply]
srvy 03:06 PM 08-08-2016
Why does Velcro not sound like the best way to secure you into the raft? I worked while in HS at Worlds of Fun always would hear stories of people learning how to release the safety bar and standing up down the first hill.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:08 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by srvy:
Why does Velcro not sound like the best way to secure you into the raft? I worked while in HS at Worlds of Fun always would hear stories of people learning how to release the safety bar and standing up down the first hill.
On the kids rides at WoF they now have safety belts that have to be released via a pin, which is far safer. It's not the worst idea to do it on all rides.
[Reply]
srvy 03:13 PM 08-08-2016
Dumb ass TV 5 news woman explaining the height restrictions limit in past and now. She says the restriction when it opened was 48" thats about 4'. Its not about 4 feet it is 4 feet. They also said the park plans to open Weds but that slide will remain closed.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:34 PM 08-08-2016
Dumb ass TV 5 news woman explaining the height restrictions limit in past and now. She says the restriction when it opened was 48" thats about 4'. Its not about 4 feet it is 4 feet. They also said the park plans to open Weds but that slide will remain closed.
I bet it will be really empty for a while, there is a pall hanging over that place right now
[Reply]
jspchief 03:39 PM 08-08-2016
Of the raft flips and injured people are submerged in water, how difficult should it be to get them out? I'm guessing that played a part in the decision to use velcro.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 03:45 PM 08-08-2016
My bet: The 2 women and kid were underweight, and the water jet that shoots you up the second hill overshit them into the net.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouMM...ature=youtu.be
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 03:49 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by jspchief:
Of the raft flips and injured people are submerged in water, how difficult should it be to get them out? I'm guessing that played a part in the decision to use velcro.
I actually read that the original 4 person boats didn't even have straps, that they were added with the re-design, as ironically were the nets.

they didn't even wear straps when the owner rode it, though you can see them at the end loose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG-uY2wze2Y
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:58 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I bet it will be really empty for a while, there is a pall hanging over that place right now
Great time to go. No lines and you know safety checks will be top notch!!!
[Reply]
Page 12 of 48
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up