ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 15
« First < 289101112 131415 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Cheese
FAX 07:46 PM 12-04-2006
I am conducting an important ChiefsPlanet experiment. Please feel free to participate or not as you will.

This thread is about cheese. There are, as we all know, many varieties of cheese. There is munster, parmesan (good on spaghetti), cheddar, brie (known in France as "The Queen of Cheeses"), and lots of other kinds. Of note, one ounce of Wisconsin Cheddar has approximately 114 calories and 7 grams of protein. Cheese is pretty good and, in moderation, good for you.

Please feel free to post your thoughts and comments regarding cheese here. There is no need whatsoever to create another thread about cheese. Neither is there any need to post cheese-related information on other threads.

FAX

Disclaimers: Sorry if repost.
[Reply]
ExtremeChief 06:40 PM 12-09-2011
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
2 8oz. Packages cream cheese
1 1/2 t Season salt
2 T Finely chopped onion
¼ C Finely chopped green pepper
1 small can Crushed pineapple, drained well

Chopped pecans

Spread the cheese into a medium-small mixing bowl to let soften. Add the remaining ingredients except the pecans, stirring well.
:-)
Cover and set back in fridge to set up. This is best if you mix these ingredients the night before and let sit overnight in the fridge. Don’t roll the ball into the nuts until as late as possible, otherwise the nuts tend to soften if they sit too long when attached to the cheese.

Spread the chopped nuts out on saran wrap. Form the cheese with your hands into a nice round ball and then roll it on the nuts. Using saran wrap allows you to spread the nuts around the sides easier.

Serve with crackers.

This recipe makes one big ball, or it can be split to make two medium size ones.
That is insane. That is the cheese ball I make every year for Christmas.

Guess I could have just said "This"
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:44 PM 12-09-2011
Sharp Cheddar Mr. Fax sharp cheddar
[Reply]
burt 07:00 PM 12-09-2011
One last time......how can you tell if bleu cheese has gone bad?
[Reply]
Groves 10:17 AM 12-10-2011
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly:
We roll Og. Cold milk, citric acid, rennet, cut, stir,drain, heat water, add salt, ball, cut, pull,package.:-). Edit- the pickles didnt take. nasty dog shit smelling mofos.
Sorry bout your pickles. Was moxie in charge of "washing out" the buckets?

Have you ever tried your mozz without the citric acid? You're using raw milk, so you shouldn't need it. At least not like the "store-bought milk" guys do.

Sounds like you have a good system. Awesome.
[Reply]
Stewie 10:22 AM 12-10-2011
Originally Posted by burt:
One last time......how can you tell if bleu cheese has gone bad?
It gets green mold and fuzzies on it.

That reminds me of people asking, "How do you know if sour cream has gone bad."

Umm... sour does not equal spoiled. There's a distinct difference.
[Reply]
burt 10:41 AM 12-10-2011
Originally Posted by Stewie:
eeeewwwwww. but thanks!
[Reply]
Groves 10:52 AM 12-10-2011
It's only "spoiled" in the sense of most people don't like eating it. Scrape it off. The cheese is still good to go.

I suppose if it's pile of bleu cheese crumbles, it's not feasible to scrape, but on a block of it, you'll just be throwing away good cheese underneath.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 10:52 AM 12-10-2011
Originally Posted by Groves:
It's only "spoiled" in the sense of most people don't like eating it. Scrape it off. The cheese is still good to go.

I suppose if it's pile of bleu cheese crumbles, it's not feasible to scrape, but on a block of it, you'll just be throwing away good cheese underneath.
And he is correct
[Reply]
Stewie 02:52 PM 12-10-2011
Originally Posted by Groves:

Most people only buy a few ounces of expensive cheese. They use it for an immediate need and then throw it to the back of the refrigerator drawer. When it gets nasty, pitch it. If you buy 1+ pounds and it gets moldy you've bought too much.
[Reply]
Groves 03:01 PM 12-10-2011
Most people only buy a few ounces of expensive cheese. They use it for an immediate need and then throw it to the back of the refrigerator drawer. When it gets nasty, pitch it. If you buy 1+ pounds and it gets moldy you've bought too much.
You're one of those full-wallet, clean garage and desk type people, aren't you.
[Reply]
Fritz88 04:03 PM 12-10-2011
Shoot. I totally forgot about this thread.

If a mod can merge this thread with FAX's, I'd appreciated.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253520
[Reply]
kysirsoze 04:39 PM 12-10-2011
Due to temporary diet restrictions, I cannot eat cheese at the moment. These threads are killing me.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 04:42 PM 12-10-2011
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Due to temporary diet restrictions, I cannot eat cheese at the moment. These threads are killing me.
Cholesterol ?
[Reply]
cabletech94 04:43 PM 12-10-2011
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
i shall eat a handful of mozzarella in your honor SIR.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 04:58 PM 12-10-2011
Originally Posted by R8ers:
Cholesterol ?
Week long cleanse. I can eat certain grains, fresh fruit and veggies, poultry, soy, and lean beef. That's just about it. I'm scott free Tuesday, though. Cheese will be on the menu for sure.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 15
« First < 289101112 131415 >
Up