ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 118 of 199
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128168 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:24 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yeah you would turn down millions. Sure you would.
I think Tyreek would be doing just fine if he accepted the contract the Chiefs offered him.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:26 PM 03-24-2022
Tyreek was screwed out of getting his legit market value in his previous contract extension in 2019 because that took place during the child abuse smear campaign… I don’t blame him for trying to make up for that now and get every possible $$$.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 01:26 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I can’t tell if he’s trying to replace Reid’s name with Dorsey or if he’s saying to add Dorsey to that list. Either way I don’t really give a shit.
This. I don't understand how that's a dis on the Chiefs or whatever...

...but mostly, I don't give a shit either...
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:29 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
This isn't you going from delivering pizzas and giving blowjobs on the corner to getting millions a year Billay.

This a 20%ish increase in pay and no I wouldn't leave my job to move to a more expensive area for a 20% pay increase.
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
:-) dude we all know you aint making shit.
I'm sure I make more than you. You work in a warehouse loser lol
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:30 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The train I am on is great/Tyreek-caliber playmakers gives any QB and team a better chance to have success… seems pretty obvious.

Veach needs to go draft an instant WR1.
You’re missing the overall.

People act like Hill’s talent is in a vacuum. It isn’t. His contract, age, and other needs factor in.

Yes, this team is substantially better by replacing Hill with a lesser talent provided they upgrade at RT, DE, CB, and add depth. Why is this hard for people to accept?

We won’t be replacing Hill’s talent, but we can absolutely field a better team with the resources this trade nets us.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:33 PM 03-24-2022
Tyreek was screwed out of getting his legit market value in his previous contract extension in 2019 because that took place during the child abuse smear campaign… I don’t blame him for trying to make up for that now and get every possible $$$.
We don't know for sure what happened there. The prosecutor said he believed a crime had taken place but did not know who to charge.

Once again, he would of been rich with either contract. He just wanted the maximum possible contract ($$$) even though, more than likely, he probably won't even be able to spend it all if he wanted to. That's called greed and not giving a shit about the Chiefs.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:33 PM 03-24-2022

Tyreek Hill, laughing when asked how tough it was to leave Kansas City: "It's tough but when someone comes to you with a lot of money, feelings change a bit."

— Marcel Louis-Jacques (@Marcel_LJ) March 24, 2022

Tyreek Hill on how close he was to picking the Jets: "Who? The Jets? Nah man. I knew I was always going to pick Miami no matter what."

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) March 24, 2022

[Reply]
suzzer99 01:34 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
We don't know for sure what happened there. The prosecutor said he believed a crime had taken place but did not know who to charge.

Once again, he would of been rich with either contract. He just wanted the maximum possible contract ($$$) even though he probably won't even be able to spend it if he wanted to more than likely. That's called greed and not giving a shit about the Chiefs.
Also puts a big dent in his HOF chances, which also doesn't matter to him apparently.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:34 PM 03-24-2022
Awesome press conference. He told them to play Gunna- pushing P :-)
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:41 PM 03-24-2022

My understanding is the #Jets and #Chiefs reached an agreement on Monday. NYJ then went to work on a contract with Hill. The #Dolphins stepped up at some point and then it was only a matter of time before it would be Miami. https://t.co/eaFN49K7Q9

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) March 24, 2022

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:48 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
You’re missing the overall.

People act like Hill’s talent is in a vacuum. It isn’t. His contract, age, and other needs factor in.

Yes, this team is substantially better by replacing Hill with a lesser talent provided they upgrade at RT, DE, CB, and add depth. Why is this hard for people to accept?

We won’t be replacing Hill’s talent, but we can absolutely field a better team with the resources this trade nets us.
The Chiefs can absolutely make their overall WR group better than it was last year with this trade… but the key to that is drafting an immediate WR1.

The Chiefs are not and should not invest significant resources in RT or CB… so the idea they are going to sacrifice the WR position to vastly improve those positions is not happening.

Also the Chiefs were already in a good position to upgrade at DE in the draft before the Tyreek trade… it’s a deep draft at the DE/edge rusher position.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 01:54 PM 03-24-2022
A snippet:

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:55 PM 03-24-2022
I love Reek and in an ideal world wish he was still here, but he forced our hand and we had to do something. The Chiefs decided it would be more beneficial to the team long term to not make Hill the highest paid WR in the league, to use his cap space for other assets, and to use the draft capital to continue rebuilding the next incarnation of this team around Mahomes.

But this situation basically comes down to 2 viewpoints:

1. Either you believe in Mahomes as an elite playmaker, the best young QB in the league, etc. and if that be the case, ultimately, we will be fine with him and what we surround him with.

OR

2. You are of the opinion (that many outside of KC share) that Mahomes is a talented, but mediocre QB who is simply a product of the system he's in and the weapons placed around him and can't succeed at a high level without the Reek's and Kelce's of the world, etc.

So ask yourself which side are you on?

Either you believe in Mahomes or you don't. It's really that simple.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:01 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
I love Reek and in an ideal world wish he was still here, but he forced our hand and we had to do something. The Chiefs decided it would be more beneficial to the team long term to not make Hill the highest paid WR in the league, to use his cap space for other assets, and to use the draft capital to continue rebuilding the next incarnation of this team around Mahomes.

But this situation basically comes down to 2 viewpoints:

1. Either you believe in Mahomes as an elite playmaker, the best young QB in the league, etc. and if that be the case, ultimately, we will be fine with him and what we surround him with.

OR - Mahomes is an elite talent, but even elite talent needs the team to run the fucking ball when the opposition commits all out to cover receivers, but running the ball has disappeared from our scheme.

OR - Mahomes is an elite talent, but no elite talent can thrive when weapons don't know their assignments. So we need to make sure the weapons get to where elite talent Mahomes expects them to be, which isn't a given.

OR

2. You are of the opinion (that many outside of KC share) that Mahomes is a talented, but mediocre QB who is simply a product of the system he's in and the weapons placed around him and can't succeed at a high level without the Reek's and Kelce's of the world, etc.

So ask yourself which side are you on?

Either you believe in Mahomes or you don't. It's really that simple.
Those aren't the only two options. Go rewatch the SB against the Bucs for a worst case that is NEITHER of those things.

Mahomes making otherworldly plays that only failed because, no matter how catchable a pass is, the receiver still has to catch it.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:05 PM 03-24-2022
The Chiefs can absolutely make their overall WR group better than it was last year with this trade… but the key to that is drafting an immediate WR1.

The Chiefs are not and should not invest significant resources in RT or CB… so the idea they are going to sacrifice the WR position to vastly improve those positions is not happening.

Also the Chiefs were already in a good position to upgrade at DE in the draft before the Tyreek trade… it’s a deep draft at the DE/edge rusher position.
No, this is hyperbole again.

immediate WR #1? No. You need a kid that'll be your #1 sooner than later; but not immediately. He should be able to contribute in 2022. If we're SOLID across the board there, that'll be fine.

RT? I'm not opposed to spending a mid-rounder or a bargain FA there. Why not finish your stud line?

CB I agree. So does Veach. We don't spend premium assets for that position anymore.
[Reply]
Page 118 of 199
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128168 > Last »
Up