ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 117 of 199
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
staylor26 01:01 PM 03-24-2022
No1curr
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:02 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
That’s fine. I’m happy for him. I’m glad that Veach did what was best for us.
Yup agree Veach did a great job given the situation now if he can hit this draft out of the park we'll be fine
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:06 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And even when we won that ring, how many of us were loudly advocating for that approach?

Not to bring Dorsey back into this, but what I loved about Dorsey's approach here was that he was a Ron Wolf 'roster layers' guy. He treated the draft as an opportunity to add talent EVERYWHERE and if that meant some of those guys were depth for a year or two - so be it? Depth will win you football games in this league and a lack of it will lose them.

Then for a couple years on Mahomes rookie deal we went away from that approach and just went on the attack for 3 years. But it's not sustainable at all.

So now we're getting back to building through layers. And that's the way you have to do it. And if that works and you get a new 'foundation' in place, you can then take another 2-3 attack years to try to put some top end on those layers.

This just seems like such a no-brainer to me. I just don't see how anyone can think this is the wrong path forward.
I agree with the approach of layers but if we're being honest about what set us back year was a series of mistakes made by Veach in the past. Poor drafting/Clark trade at the edge really sticks out
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:09 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
If you has the chance to be the highest paid at your job you'd do the same. Stop with the false narratives.
No I wouldnt I'd go work at place i enjoyed the most because id be confident enough in my abilities to know ill be well off either way. Especially if the place i enjoyed the most hey played a huge part in getting me to where I was.

Money isn't everything to every person and there's numerous examples of people turning down high paying jobs for a variety of reasons.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:10 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
No I would I'd go work at place i enjoyed the most especially if they played a huge part in getting me to where I was.

Money isn't everything to every person and there's numerous examples of people turning down high paying jobs for a variety of reasons.
Yeah you would turn down millions. Sure you would.
[Reply]
Kman34 01:10 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Are you serious? Franchise tag hill next year and then trade him, which is what the packers did with davante Adams. There is No reason to trade hill this year.
You are not paying attention.. Cap space and picks..
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:15 PM 03-24-2022
Tyreek Hill coming up in Miami on NFLN.

Veach is really set for this draft. We can package our two new picks to get to the top 15. We can use our two firsts to get into the top 10. Or we could use the two new picks with our first and go all the way to a top 5 pick and get someone who is best at his position.

Or just stay pat and get four potentially solid players.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:18 PM 03-24-2022
This isn't you going from delivering pizzas and giving blowjobs on the corner to getting millions a year Billay.

This a 20%ish increase in pay and no I wouldn't leave my job to move to a more expensive area for a 20% pay increase.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:19 PM 03-24-2022
I don’t expect anybody else to, but I absolutely would.

I understand why somebody wouldn’t though.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:19 PM 03-24-2022
“My agent wanted me to kiss him on the mouth…”
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:20 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
This isn't you going from delivering pizzas and giving blowjobs on the corner to getting millions a year Billay.

This a 20%ish increase in pay and no I wouldn't leave my job to move to a more expensive area for a 20% pay increase.
Funny being lectured by someone who makes less money than me lol. It's still millions of dollars God damn you are such a moron
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:21 PM 03-24-2022
Funny being lectured by someone who makes less money than me lol. It's still millions of dollars God damn you are such a moron
:-) dude we all know you aint making shit.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:21 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

I think the only argument for taking less is how much different is your life at $20m/year vs $25m/year. But I also think 0 taxes, loving the area, and the weather definitely factor in. Not sure he even gets to the playoffs with Tua but happy for the guy. Wish it had worked out but time to turn the page…
[Reply]
irafreak 01:22 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
If your earning window was 10-15 years you would be an idiot not too change for 50% more comp.
Really? Cause I can live adequately on low income because I don't spend money on much. And I fail to see how an earning window of making 21m or 30m is do or die.

You'll never be able to convince me otherwise because I simply don't value things and money the same way others do. Plus there is always more opportunity if you work for it. I mean it's not as though football players never make another dollar again after they quit playing.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:24 PM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

I agree with this. Its not like this was his first big contract or he wasn't going to very wealthy anyway. Maybe KC should have signed him for longer a few years ago now that I think about it.

Mahomes left $ out there.

Kelce left money out there.

Hill went for the max $. Its certainly his right but again that comes with criticism as well from fans at times.

This reminds me of Pujols going to the Angels. Hopefully like with Pujols and the Cards its a blessing in disguise.
[Reply]
Page 117 of 199
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167 > Last »
Up