ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 112 of 114
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who should we trade for if Rice is out?
Titty Meat 03:10 PM 09-29-2024
Discuss...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:24 AM Today
2022 was a crucial crucial year. We won a Super Bowl on what was supposed to be a rebuild year.

Why wouldn’t we do that again a few years from now?
[Reply]
O.city 10:34 AM Today
They traded a HOF in his prime WR for a haul of picks and saved money.

Yeah, sure if you wanna do that, go for it.

But otherwise, that's not likely to happen again.
[Reply]
O.city 10:35 AM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Yeah our qb is more mobile than Brady is. It’s going to require a significant adjustment and will probably increase our focus on OL and a specific type of WR. It is not a drastic change but it is enough to be worth taking a step back to restack. The curse of being great at drafting is that you accumulate guys who eventually get paid a lot and if your approach is to just maintain a modest cap to be competitive every single year that means we’re gonna have to let lots of guys walk over the years. We will have less picks to work with. We will have more and more dead money pumped into aging players underperforming contracts. It is hard to do that for years and years without some kind of reset. Sorry but even if we are conservative we will hit a fork in the road where we have too much bloat and need more young guys in the pipeline. Even dynasties like the patriots hit these bumps all the time.

At some point you have to trim the fat. You have to cut veterans knowing dead money is going to limit your cap. You need to trade some guys away and stockpile picks. You need a season where you definitively cut veterans and sign nobody so you can max out our comp picks.
That is way easier and way more fun to do all at once versus spreading it out. Until then let’s get the most of what we have and deal with that part later.
You keep saying the same things over and over and they're just.....not true.

The teams that have to cut veterans on bloated contracts, signed bad contracts. When was the last player the Chiefs really had to do that on in order to be cap compliant that they weren't going to cut anyway?
[Reply]
Woogieman 10:36 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
They traded a HOF in his prime WR for a haul of picks and saved money.

Yeah, sure if you wanna do that, go for it.

But otherwise, that's not likely to happen again.
...not unless BV exposes the world to another pandemic and creates another super-draft of 6th year seniors. Let's get on it...
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:37 AM Today
At a conference in Phoenix and a guy I know from Florida come and says " fuck you if you get Hill back". Must be some smoke out there.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:40 AM Today
The Dolphins aren’t trading Hill. Tua will be back in a few games.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:59 AM Today
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
At a conference in Phoenix and a guy I know from Florida come and says " **** you if you get Hill back". Must be some smoke out there.
Did you challenge him to meet you at the Luis Gonzalez statue?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:36 AM Today
You keep saying the same things over and over and they're just.....not true.

The teams that have to cut veterans on bloated contracts, signed bad contracts. When was the last player the Chiefs really had to do that on in order to be cap compliant that they weren't going to cut anyway?
I literally told you that in 2022 the chiefs did a ton of fat trimming. The chiefs let mathieu and Sorensen walk. They chose not to sign charvarius ward. They traded tyreek because he asked for a few million above our highest offer. They restructured Frank Clark’s bloated contract which was basically dead money avoidance. They cut Anthony hitchens for dead money. In the process they got a treasure trove of picks for tyreek and 3 compensatory picks. It was a reset year and it is a huge part of why we are successful a few years later.

In a few years, Chris jones will probably be overpaid. Kelce will be gone. We will either resign guys like Pacheco or trey or Bolton, or we will need to burn picks or money to replace them. Inevitably some of those guys will not perform up to the contract and will be overpaid. And we have the mahomes bomb in a few years where he has a mega salary year that will inevitably get restructured. I don’t know how you think we get to that next phase without some kind of a reset if for any reason than to stockpile a ton of draft picks which is way easier when you commit to some kind of a mini rebuild
[Reply]
O.city 11:42 AM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I literally told you that in 2022 the chiefs did a ton of fat trimming. The chiefs let mathieu and Sorensen walk. They chose not to sign charvarius ward. They traded tyreek because he asked for a few million above our highest offer. They restructured Frank Clark’s bloated contract which was basically dead money avoidance. They cut Anthony hitchens for dead money. In the process they got a treasure trove of picks for tyreek and 3 compensatory picks. It was a reset year and it is a huge part of why we are successful a few years later.

In a few years, Chris jones will probably be overpaid. Kelce will be gone. We will either resign guys like Pacheco or trey or Bolton, or we will need to burn picks or money to replace them. Inevitably some of those guys will not perform up to the contract and will be overpaid. And we have the mahomes bomb in a few years where he has a mega salary year that will inevitably get restructured. I don’t know how you think we get to that next phase without some kind of a reset if for any reason than to stockpile a ton of draft picks which is way easier when you commit to some kind of a mini rebuild
They let guys walk, just like they do every year. They cut guys that saved money (no more guaranteed money on deals) and went and got other guys.

Even in a reset year, they won the SB.

What was the biggest reason they were so successful in 2022 in your opinion
[Reply]
Bowser 11:42 AM Today
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
At a conference in Phoenix and a guy I know from Florida come and says " fuck you if you get Hill back". Must be some smoke out there.
It'd be hilarious to hear the groans across the league if Tyreek came back here, but....

there's just no way it's going to happen, right?
[Reply]
tredadda 11:52 AM Today
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
Christian Kirk is 27
I don’t think Jacksonville will part with him though. They probably believe that there is enough talent there to win more than they have and will replace the HC before offloading talent.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:02 PM Today
Originally Posted by Bowser:
It'd be hilarious to hear the groans across the league if Tyreek came back here, but....

there's just no way it's going to happen, right?
I don't, but it sounds like the Dolphins fan base is talking about it as well...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:06 PM Today
They let guys walk, just like they do every year. They cut guys that saved money (no more guaranteed money on deals) and went and got other guys.

Even in a reset year, they won the SB.

What was the biggest reason they were so successful in 2022 in your opinion
This was not just any ordinary year.

It was our worst cap situation in the Reid era
We executed the biggest trade out of the Reid era
We collected the most valuable haul of comp picks in the Reid era including a third rounder which only happens if you lose way more than you acquire
It is one of our biggest dead money years when you consider we basically overpaid clark so we could at least get some small use out of him
I’d say the exit of mathieu, hill, Sorensen, hitchens, Demarcus, Darrel Williams was one of our biggest FA cleanups in the Reid era

There’s no way you can call this anything but a reset season. It wasn’t a year of letting a few people go, it was a one year effort to shed a loooot of dead weight and stockpile young talent. Yeah we still won a Super Bowl which proves my point that we can rebuild fast and quick. It will be a very very different rebuild this time with an older mahomes, with a mahomes contract we can’t as easily maneuver around and with two hall of fame core veterans no longer as the anchors.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:30 PM Today
Even if Tua retires tomorrow, why would Miami trade Tyreek? Their new QB will need someone to throw to. They don't have to go into full rebuild mode.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:31 PM Today
Eh, lotta research out there and proof that defenses translating from year to year is way worse and harder to predict than offenses.
I think I answered that in the quoted post.

I think The Chiefs have answered that in the first third of this season.

'trendy' defensive schemes are difficult to maintain. Defenses predicated on an all-star team are difficult to maintain.

Spags' defense has been re-stocked and maintained. There's no schematic weakness to beat, you just have to have elite QB play and out-play it.
[Reply]
Page 112 of 114
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114 >
Up