ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 110 of 112
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who should we trade for if Rice is out?
Titty Meat 03:10 PM 09-29-2024
Discuss...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:04 AM Today
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
But what you and others here are advocating is the exact opposite.

The Patriots rarely if ever went out and spent big draft capital AND big cap dollars on free agents. They drafted, they bargain hunted, and they put together the best 52 plus Brady they could manage every year.
They made splash moves all the time. Welker, Roosevelt Colvin, revis, moss, adalius Thomas, Corey Dillon, Stephon Gilmore. Like I said they were more of a cyclical team than the chiefs have been where they reloaded one year then took a year or 2 off. It’s no coincidence that their most aggressive reload was right as Brady turned 30.

But we aren’t in the same position. We probably need a rebuild in a few years no matter what. We can do it quick and effectively. But it will also be preparing for a new mahomes era where he will be a different qb that will rely way less on his legs. From there, yeah we can build the team in the same manner as the patriots. But for right now we should be thinking about putting us in the best spot to win now. That doesn’t mean we get careless but We are in a solid enough financial spot that a few moves aren’t going to send us into a tailspin
[Reply]
RunKC 07:10 AM Today
It's the NFL. Everything is hard to maintain.

This nonsense about it being harder to maintain a defense than an offense is nonsense. Offensive players fall off or get hurt just as much as defensive players do.

Defenses that are 'trend oriented' ala Fangio's two deep style fall off because offenses adjust and attack the weak points-this is why KC is running the ball more despite Andy's tendency to NOT run, for example. And if Hollywood and Rice aren't out, we're probably scoring 30 plus every week and everyone's thrilled. Spagnuolo's defense is NOT 'trend oriented'. There's no simple methodology to attack it.

Some of you guys would mortgage multiple years in Mahomes' prime just to "guarantee" the threepeat when there is no such thing. There is no guarantee. Not even if they signed Hill AND Hopkins would it be guaranteed. Look at Brady's undefeated team getting beat by Spagnuolo's 9-7 Giants.

No, Veach's process has been extremely, historically astute.

Mahomes plus best 52, and don't screw yourself next year. Have a good shot at winning the SB every year while Mahomes is on the field. Just like Brady's Patriots.
Same people wanted Sneed to get a big payday here for the threeepeat. Another win for Veach so far.

Chiefs are gonna have some tough decisions in January. I’d bet they keep one of Bolton/Trey (probably Bolton).

3 picks in the top 70 is how you keep a dynasty going. Draft well and get a couple impact players from each draft while hitting on low cost FA’s like Juju, Kareem and Tranquill.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:16 AM Today
It's the NFL. Everything is hard to maintain.

This nonsense about it being harder to maintain a defense than an offense is nonsense. Offensive players fall off or get hurt just as much as defensive players do.

Defenses that are 'trend oriented' ala Fangio's two deep style fall off because offenses adjust and attack the weak points-this is why KC is running the ball more despite Andy's tendency to NOT run, for example. And if Hollywood and Rice aren't out, we're probably scoring 30 plus every week and everyone's thrilled. Spagnuolo's defense is NOT 'trend oriented'. There's no simple methodology to attack it.

Some of you guys would mortgage multiple years in Mahomes' prime just to "guarantee" the threepeat when there is no such thing. There is no guarantee. Not even if they signed Hill AND Hopkins would it be guaranteed. Look at Brady's undefeated team getting beat by Spagnuolo's 9-7 Giants.

No, Veach's process has been extremely, historically astute.

Mahomes plus best 52, and don't screw yourself next year. Have a good shot at winning the SB every year while Mahomes is on the field. Just like Brady's Patriots.
A big splash move isn’t going to kill us. Every pick helps but losing a 3rd round pick isn’t going to send us into a tailspin. Even if we make no splash move I don’t want to spend the next five years trying to just bandaid our roster. You stockpile talent now then in a few years, rip the bandaid off quickly with a reset season where we clean our cap and stockpile picks. If we ever want to seriously keep the window open that reset needs to happen anyway because it’s the best way to quickly accumulate young talent to keep the window open. It is also a great way to pivot to a new offensive identity around an older mahomes

We have a good enough front office, qb, coach who can do that quickly and with limited pain. We did it just a few years ago and ended up winning a Super Bowl.
[Reply]
In58men 07:17 AM Today
MVS come on down

Jeremy Fowler's note on the #Chiefs regarding their potential interest and the availability of Deandre Hopkins, Diontae Johnson, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling. pic.twitter.com/ddhQHh7wJs

— Devon Clements (@DevclemNFL) October 16, 2024

[Reply]
O.city 07:43 AM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
They made splash moves all the time. Welker, Roosevelt Colvin, revis, moss, adalius Thomas, Corey Dillon, Stephon Gilmore. Like I said they were more of a cyclical team than the chiefs have been where they reloaded one year then took a year or 2 off. It’s no coincidence that their most aggressive reload was right as Brady turned 30.

But we aren’t in the same position. We probably need a rebuild in a few years no matter what. We can do it quick and effectively. But it will also be preparing for a new mahomes era where he will be a different qb that will rely way less on his legs. From there, yeah we can build the team in the same manner as the patriots. But for right now we should be thinking about putting us in the best spot to win now. That doesn’t mean we get careless but We are in a solid enough financial spot that a few moves aren’t going to send us into a tailspin
Noen of those moves were big trades and signs or whatever. They always got value.

Same as the Chiefs.

Find value, move forward.
[Reply]
O.city 07:45 AM Today
Why would the Chiefs need to "rebuild"? They've drafted and developed, they'll keep doing that.

What is there to rebuild?
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:50 AM Today
Fuck it, give up our 1st rounder next year for Hill, we would have him for this year and next and time to rework his deal after that.
[Reply]
Woogieman 07:53 AM Today
I'd need the 'phins to also throw in a 7th, and I'm in
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:54 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Why would the Chiefs need to "rebuild"? They've drafted and developed, they'll keep doing that.

Over the next few years our draft capital will become highly paid veterans. Chris jones and kelce will probably be gone. Mahomes will be into his 30s. Most of our picks over the next few years will be a limited # of picks in the back of each round. And again we just do not know how long we can sustain this kind of defense given our draft capital.

We don’t have to reset in a few years. We can take the Carl Peterson approach of bandaiding it instead of just tearing it apart. But the best way to do this is that in a few years we think about veterans we want to move for picks, vets we want to cut for comp picks. Even taking a year off to get a slight edge on draft position isn’t the worst idea. We don’t have to do this but we should. It’s a quick way to reset. Until then, cautiously hakuma matata and worry about the reset until we get everything we can from the kelce jones era
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:54 AM Today
Not going to lie,

I don't want reek back, but if we did pull it off I would have a half chub.
[Reply]
Woogieman 08:23 AM Today
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Not going to lie,

I don't want reek back, but if we did pull it off I would have a half chub.
It sounds crazy to say, because those were some amazing offenses, so many memorable plays, and I miss them. Getting Hill back would be hard to imagine, and hopefully he would be a slightly more humble version. It may also men losing Veach, as the world would demand he quit his job and negotiate a peace treaty between Israel and Iran.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:25 AM Today
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
**** it, give up our 1st rounder next year for Hill, we would have him for this year and next and time to rework his deal after that.
I thought the whole thing was nonsense but the more I think about it. A first for him eases the Kelce burden for two years, we get a true number one, and where we pick in the first there are no guarantees anyway.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:30 AM Today
Every year the window is wide open.

Have you guys been asleep for the past 7 years?
The biggest reason for this is because Veach drafts well and typically is smart in handing out contracts. There is no way a team should still be this good with a QB taking up as much of the cap as he does. They are the exception to the “Win now with your star QB on a rookie deal”. It’s only possible because of them being a total team.

As long as that continues they will contend every year. It’s also why mortgaging the future for the present is not always wise. Not saying that they couldn’t/shouldn’t trade for a WR, just they need to be smart about it.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:30 AM Today
Originally Posted by In58men:
MVS come on down

Takes two to tango. Need Carolina to keep losing.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:41 AM Today

You ever seen this team without Travis Kelce and Chris Jones?

Cuz I haven't.
[Reply]
Page 110 of 112
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112 >
Up