ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 30
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs and Jones agree to new deal
Sassy Squatch 09:42 PM 03-09-2024

�� �� ��

The #Chiefs and All-Pro DT Chris Jones have a blockbuster deal to keep him in KC, per his agents @KatzBrosSports. The top free agent is off the market and a huge move for the champs. �� pic.twitter.com/BHmM49TCtt

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 10, 2024

Chiefs and five-time Pro-Bowl DT Chris Jones reached agreement on a record 5-year deal that includes $95 million guaranteed and allows KC to keep its best defender before free agency begins, per his agents, @KatzBrosSports.

Deal is expected to be the highest average salary ever… pic.twitter.com/aRidQ0309z

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 10, 2024

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:54 PM 03-09-2024
Originally Posted by Fishels:
Kinda mixed feelings. Absolutely love Jones but I’m still wanting to see offensive moves and hanging on to older players always makes me nervous. He is pretty much the face of the D line tho
After Reggie White left Philly he appeared in 14 playoff games and had 70+ sacks.

I got a feeling Jones is going to age even better. He's more athletic than White and in better shape.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:55 PM 03-09-2024
Stay aboard the ship, everyone!
[Reply]
poolboy 11:59 PM 03-09-2024
thanks to The Clarks
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 12:13 AM 03-10-2024
Thank you Bork laser!
[Reply]
KC_Conniption 12:13 AM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by :
How important is it for the Chiefs to keep Chris Jones? Last season, they allowed 4.3 yards per play when he was on the field (would rank first in the NFL), but that increased to 5.5 yards per play when he was off it (23rd)

ON FIELD OFF FIELD
Defensive plays 704 341
Yds per play 4.3* 5.5
Pressure pct 37%* 31%
Sack pct 11%* 4%
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...five-year-deal
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:14 AM 03-10-2024
:-) chiefs twitter is so stupidly amazing

I knew veach wouldn’t let me down he cooks again pic.twitter.com/oI7fa8zrQc

— ❤️*�� (@OVOTopShotta) March 10, 2024

[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:16 AM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Dont mortgage the chance to get 6 or 7 total by going all in for the three peat.

Veach has played this so smartly the last few years. Don't get shortsighted now.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:20 AM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Dont mortgage the chance to get 6 or 7 total by going all in for the three peat.

Veach has played this so smartly the last few years. Don't get shortsighted now.
Zip it and buckle up!
[Reply]
JPH83 12:23 AM 03-10-2024
Man that is...a lot of money. I mean to be expected but makes you wonder what he would've got on the open market.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:23 AM 03-10-2024

It’s not a 1 year thing. Go all in for the next 4 years. That is probably the end of the road for Kelce and Coach Reid (and Jones). If you could win 2 more rings in the next 4 years, that would be awesome…especially in the context that you already have 3 rings in the last 5 years.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 12:27 AM 03-10-2024
So, if he takes a signing bonus of $25 million, similar to Aaron Donald...then his cap hit for the next 3 seasons would be roughly 28.5 million per year with a 10 million deadcap hit to cut him before year 4.

The higher his signing bonus, the lower his cap hit the next three seasons, but the more dead money we take on to cut him before the end of the deal.

It'll be interesting to see the balance they strike.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:28 AM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
It’s not a 1 year thing. Go all in for the next 4 years. That is probably the end of the road for Kelce and Coach Reid (and Jones). If you could win 2 more rings in the next 4 years, that would be awesome…especially in the context that you already have 3 rings in the last 5 years.
I was speaking more to the idea of signing Sneed.

I love Sneed. Wish he could stay. Signing him too would be crippling.

He needs to be traded. It’s a complete no brainer.

I’m glad we got something done with CJ as opposed to letting him walk for nothing.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:31 AM 03-10-2024
I was speaking more to the idea of signing Sneed.

I love Sneed. Wish he could stay. Signing him too would be crippling.

He needs to be traded. It’s a complete no brainer.

I’m glad we got something done with CJ as opposed to letting him walk for nothing.
Veach and Spags are just so damn good at finding and developing DBs.

Having an elite DB that we can trade for picks is the right move . What’s left of the secondary is already really good before making any additional moves.

We drafted defense really well, but DL is the group I’d say I feel the least comfortable with replacing stars. Jones was important to keep.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:33 AM 03-10-2024
Beautiful!

I’m excited to see the structure behind this one.

Don’t forget, Aaron Donald’s deal was signed when the salary cap was only 208m. Now it’s 255m.

Relative to the cap, “beating Aaron Donald’s deal” would be a deal averaging almost 39m aav.

Getting Jones at the AD deal in current day is fair…probably a bargain.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:35 AM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Beautiful!

I’m excited to see the structure behind this one.

Don’t forget, Aaron Donald’s deal was signed when the salary cap was only 208m. Now it’s 255m.

Relative to the cap, “beating Aaron Donald’s deal” would be a deal averaging almost 39m aav.
I was just thinking about this.

When we compare contracts with the past, it really should be looked at like a percentage of the cap.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 30
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up