Phillies 1 2.04%
Brewers 0 0%
Padres 3 6.12%
Mets 1 2.04%
Braves 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Nzoner's Game Room>2024 MLB Playoffs Thread (non-Royals)
SHOWTIME 05:38 PM 09-29-2024

Who's winning it this year?

This is a thread for non-Royal playoff games since I assume there will be a separate one for the Royals…
[Reply]
Coach 07:59 PM Yesterday
Guy is 0-10. Would had made more sense to pinch hit him.
[Reply]
Coach 08:00 PM Yesterday
That'll do it.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:00 PM Yesterday
Holy hell the Miracle Mets do it again
[Reply]
tk13 08:01 PM Yesterday
These Padres/Dodgers and Mets/Phillies series are going to set a record for NLDS fights in the stands. Should be great baseball though. Some real rivalry angles to a lot of these series.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:03 PM Yesterday
FOX right now with NLDS games

[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:07 PM Yesterday
Really smart play by Lindor there to not catch that ball on the fly.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:17 PM Yesterday
Incredible. God bless the internet sometimes. This is just crazy. Mets caught Devin Williams tipping pitches for the brewers. Alonso knew exactly what was coming.
https://youtu.be/t7z8aaZ7gIk
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:23 AM Today
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Holy hell the Miracle Mets do it again
As a Mets fan I spent the last 3 days in Milwaukee. What a fun series.

It's easily one of the top 5 weeks in the team's history.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:06 AM Today
I don’t follow the brewers much but I remember watching them play the Cards later in the season where devin Williams blew the save. I remember thinking to myself how shocking it was for a guy with such dominant stuff to be target practice. Imagine learning this lesson in the playoffs. I wonder how many teams were just sitting on this scouting report and what an opportune moment to strike 2 runs down in a close out game. Simply incredible stuff and whoever spotted that for the Mets needs to have a parade in their honor.

And Alonso’s patience to wait specifically for a fastball in the zone. Incredible.

With these kinds of geeked out details how can anyone not fall madly in love with sports
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:08 AM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Incredible. God bless the internet sometimes. This is just crazy. Mets caught Devin Williams tipping pitches for the brewers. Alonso knew exactly what was coming.
https://youtu.be/t7z8aaZ7gIk
I fucking knew it.

Nobody gets to 2 strikes that often with the stuff that Williams has and can't put any of them away.

I'm watching that game and he took virtually every hitter he faced to a 2 strike count and then they got him.

That almost ALWAYS suggests he's tipping. Guys don't hit with 2 strikes like that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:12 AM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I don’t follow the brewers much but I remember watching them play the Cards later in the season where devin Williams blew the save. I remember thinking to myself how shocking it was for a guy with such dominant stuff to be target practice. Imagine learning this lesson in the playoffs. I wonder how many teams were just sitting on this scouting report and what an opportune moment to strike 2 runs down in a close out game. Simply incredible stuff and whoever spotted that for the Mets needs to have a parade in their honor.

And Alonso’s patience to wait specifically for a fastball in the zone. Incredible.

With these kinds of geeked out details how can anyone not fall madly in love with sports
Jim Edmonds was the king of it.

Hell, he STILL does it during broadcasts (or at least he used to; I'm not sure if he's on anymore).

But he wouldn't say what he spotted. He'd just say "yeah, he's giving his pitches away..." and you know he'd relay that information to the clubhouse.

Hollywood got a reputation as a bit of a goofball but man, that guy was a baseball savant. He was my favorite player on the Cardinals in that era. Guy just loves the game so much and was so smart about it.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:19 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Jim Edmonds was the king of it.

Hell, he STILL does it during broadcasts (or at least he used to; I'm not sure if he's on anymore).

But he wouldn't say what he spotted. He'd just say "yeah, he's giving his pitches away..." and you know he'd relay that information to the clubhouse.

Hollywood got a reputation as a bit of a goofball but man, that guy was a baseball savant. He was my favorite player on the Cardinals in that era. Guy just loves the game so much and was so smart about it.
And the backload of steroid guys on the Hall of Fame ballot meant Edmonds got only 2.5% on his first try in 2016 and fell off the ballot. It would have taken him a while, but I think he's a guy that would have gained momentum and eventually made a run at the 75% needed for induction.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:30 AM Today
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
And the backload of steroid guys on the Hall of Fame ballot meant Edmonds got only 2.5% on his first try in 2016 and fell off the ballot. It would have taken him a while, but I think he's a guy that would have gained momentum and eventually made a run at the 75% needed for induction.
Ugh yes, an elite defensive center fielder would have so much more run if it wasn’t bombarded with guys putting up insane offensive numbers for the wrong reasons. And the dude could hit too just not 600 HR power
[Reply]
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Up