ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Jaylen Watson Thread*****
Dante84 04:14 PM 04-30-2022
More to come!

Jaylen Watson was drafted with pick 243 of round 7 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.21 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 159 out of 2001 CB from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/jSuO8mu17Y #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/YJuF6Gte7P

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 30, 2022

Originally Posted by :
Watson was an all-region receiver and also played cornerback at Lucy C. Laney High School in Augusta, Georgia, before moving across the country to play at Ventura College in California. He was a two-time junior college All-American cornerback there, signing with USC for 2019 but not enrolling in school. Watson went to Pullman instead for the 2020 season, earning honorable mention All-Pac-12 honors that fall (13 tackles, two pass breakups in three starts) as well as in 2021, when he posted 31 tackles, two interceptions, three pass breakups and ranked second in the FBS with four fumble recoveries in 12 starts. He opted out of the team's bowl game to prepare for the NFL draft. -- by Chad Reuter
Originally Posted by :
Overview-- by Lance Zierlein
Watson is big and strong. He can be a physical presence when he's playing with patience from press coverage. With just two years of experience at the FBS level, he's predictably raw with his fundamentals, but the lack of agility and short-area quickness should be more than just short-term concerns. Currently, he's unable to stay in phase with quality route runners but does have physical traits that might warrant a practice squad stint for defenses reliant upon Cover 2 and/or Cover 3 schemes.
Strengths
-Good size, strength and length.
-Fought through adversity to find an FBS home.
-Developmental traits for zone-heavy units.
-Displayed improved fundamentals in 2021.
-Very physical in bullying the release from press.
-Strong punch drives through wideout's shoulders.
-Overwhelms catch point on contested catches.
-Willing hitter with plus strength in run support.
Weaknesses
-Impatient and often overextends in matching release in press.
-Lacks foot agility and quickness for man coverage.
-Footwork through transitions is sloppy and slow.
-Gets routed out of position fairly easily.
-Looked overmatched against USC wideouts.
-Doesn't trust his eyes just yet.
-Takes poor angles and lacks a credible burst to close on throws.
-Doesn't find the football in downfield route phase.

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:14 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
If Brett Veach wanted to have sex with my wife, I would tell her to freshen up.
Hey, this is Burt. Can you please DM me at least 12 pics of your wife…. Newd…. So I can make a judgement. And I will get back to you asap. P.S. (please don’t tell anyone I’m actually Brent)
[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:41 PM 01-21-2023
You gotta love this guy. He was flipping burgers at Wendy’s a couple years ago, worked his way back to wazzu and now he’s making huge plays in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:54 PM 01-21-2023
Play of the game! Love this kid!
[Reply]
Iconic 09:57 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
You gotta love this guy. He was flipping burgers at Wendy’s a couple years ago, worked his way back to wazzu and now he’s making huge plays in the playoffs.
got to wonder... if he manages to stay at USC do we even get the opportunity to draft him? maybe im jumping the gun but based off what we have seen from him, almost feels like veach robbed a bank and got day 2 value on day 3.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:22 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
That int was crazy. 1 hand all the way.

Was not running it back the right play there or do you guys think he should have tried to run it back?
You could see Bolton telling him to get down and I was yelling the same at my TV.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:46 PM 01-21-2023

Was not running it back the right play there or do you guys think he should have tried to run it back?
I could be okay with it either way, but that's me.

I get why Bolton was screaming at him to sit the eff down, though. God help the kid if he started running and somehow fumbled the thing directly to a JAX player, or whatever crazy thing could happen at that point. The safest play was to just sit down.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:53 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I could be okay with it either way, but that's me.

I get why Bolton was screaming at him to sit the eff down, though. God help the kid if he started running and somehow fumbled the thing directly to a JAX player, or whatever crazy thing could happen at that point. The safest play was to just sit down.
Who was the San Diego DB years ago who picked but decided to run and fumbled costing Marty his first appearance in a SB?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:56 PM 01-21-2023
Marlon Mcree
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:02 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Who was the San Diego DB years ago who picked but decided to run and fumbled costing Marty his first appearance in a SB?
Ack. I think I remember that play, but I can't remember who the DB was.

We see that kind of thing fairly often, I think. Between picks and fumble recoveries in that kind f situation to close out a game, some guy decides to be a hero and literally fumbles the game away.

It's actually another great example of the level of coaching we have in Andy and his staff. The defense practices those kinds of situations every week, just like the offense is always practicing 2-minute drills for a TD, or a FG, or just to convert a 1st down or whatever. That's why we rarely see our team make those kinds of mistakes or risky plays in those situations. Rare enough that we're kind of shocked when they don't play smart football.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:07 PM 01-21-2023

I didn't see it was one handed until the replay. then I lost my shit. Fucking incredible. Well done son.

Looked like it was coached that way, so I'm fine with it.

Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Marlon Mcree
Fuck all things Brotherfucking Cheatriot Fuckbag. Luckiest fucks fucking ever.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:35 PM 01-21-2023
Now I get it. When he grabbed it one-handed I was like, "how'd he do that?"

But just reread the OP; he was a receiver before he switched to DB. He's got WR hands.

Actually that OP is a good read, if don't remember what the scouting report says about Watson. You can see instantly why Spags wanted this kid.
[Reply]
Dante84 04:48 PM 03-06-2024
Played all season with a torn labrum. Beast.

Surgery was a success I got my labrum in week 2!! Was given the option to get surgery or try to play the remainder of the season 5 months later 2x Super Bowl Champ!! A lot of discomfort a lot of pain this year but worth every moment �� pic.twitter.com/3OoHWhCIcy

— Wat’s Island�� (@JaylenWatson12) March 6, 2024

[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:01 PM 03-06-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Played all season with a torn labrum. Beast.

He and Williams are why i have no problem trading Sneed. This secondary won't miss a beat.
[Reply]
PHOG 05:06 PM 03-06-2024
Woah, that HAD to hurt!
[Reply]
VAGOMO 4 LIFE! 05:11 PM 03-06-2024
Fucking love Watson, him and Williams are studs
[Reply]
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Up