ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid called me, and he asked CP to fix the offense.
Direckshun 07:39 AM Today
I think we can all agree the offense has not been up to par this season.

At this point, there's only so much we can do about it. Our best WR got injured and is missing the season, our best RB is out until December, our LT situation is messy and our stud TE is looking his age.

So, is this who we are now? Is 30 points a game a distant memory?

What can be done?

(Andy Reid is lurking in this thread, so make sure you're on your best behavior.)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:19 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Wow so Worthy did the right thing on that last drive and it was Rice who messed up?

See?!?

I kinda thought the same thing - it looked for all the world like he did exactly what he was supposed to do.

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Here's the thing - Rice kept going.

My memory on that play is that both guys were running slants at different depths. Rice kept moving on his, Worthy stopped.

Isn't that what you'd WANT to see there? You don't typically want to see 2 WRs occupying the same space, no? And had Worthy continued, that's kinda what you'd have had. By stopping, he put the DBs into an impossible decision.

Maybe that is just freelance rights that Worthy simply doesn't have yet. But, speaking past process and just to results, Worthy did the 'right' thing from a WR spacing perspective.
I question if Rice truly 'messed up' -- I think this is just the sort of thing you're gonna see a fair bit when you have so many option routes and so many guys with the freedom to alter their routes.

These fellas aren't mind-readers.

If anything, Mahomes had 2 guys he could've thrown to and instead threw to nobody in particular.

I think, if you insist on putting blame on anyone, it's on Pat. He has the view of that play unfolding that Worthy doesn't have. And Rice continuing his route wasn't an awful thing - he also went into space.

The WRs gave him 2 options for 1st downs and we got nothing from them despite those routes being right in front of him.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:19 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Wow so Worthy did the right thing on that last drive and it was Rice who messed up?

That checks out. Having those two end up there makes little to no sense.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:19 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
And you can see that Worthy isn't comfortable yet, essentially all of his touches are coming on very straight forward things.
I don't think he's uncomfortable. I think it's because Pat just isn't throwing to him on the routes he runs and so it looks like all he gets are the gadget stuff.

I'm not sure why it's so hard for people to say the completely obvious thing.

Patrick Mahomes is not playing at an MVP level. DJLN and O. City are right. I'm not concerned, because we will make the playoffs and Patrick Mahomes will play at an MVP level when we need him to in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:20 AM Today
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
That’s disgusting. It’s not all the offensive line issues either. We are absolutely letting teams dictate our offense and unsurprisingly we keep making self inflicted mistakes because constantly relying on 12-15 play drives to score is hard.

Eventually a hold is called. A ball is tipped. QB makes a bad throw. A play call that might have scored if it was our 30th snap is sniffed out easily at the 50th snap (Rice middle screen where he got dinged). And on and on.
Defense in the NFL is dictating what's happening, are you not watching other games also?
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 11:20 AM Today
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
on the other hand Bienemy wasn't good in Washington and UCLA is apparently also really bad

buuut I think you're right

Scoring is down, last week was like some decade high or something for FGs, I think this offense only gets better through the season

we're better than last year, last year it was a struggle to get to 20 pts and look how the season ended
Bienemy was basically on the chopping block mid 2021 when Mahomes was struggling. All the blame was placed on him. We just assumed he was calling the plays because we didn't like him.

Then 2022 happens and Mahomes is MVP and we're the #1 offense in the league. So... does Bienemy get credit for that or is it all just Andy and Mahomes again?

It's just always been this way with the OC. We pick and choose when they're calling the shots when its convenient for our narrative. And its usually when things aren't going well.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:24 AM Today
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
There are going to be growing pains when you have two major injuries, a rookie LT who is extremely raw with only 10 college starts at LT, a first round WR who was able to get by with speed alone in college and isn't used to attacking and fighting for the ball, an aging star in Kelce, JuJu getting used to the system again and Mahomes needs to get back to his fundamentals and stop throwing off his back foot.
Congrats, you have the stupidest post in this thread! :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:25 AM Today
When you look at this play I definitely think Pat was throwing to Rice and he bounced it. Worthy was wide open though.

Interesting! https://t.co/SIfxaOo3LM pic.twitter.com/0KkxptFHjY

— Joshua Brisco (@jbbrisco) September 23, 2024

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:30 AM Today
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I don't think he's uncomfortable. I think it's because Pat just isn't throwing to him on the routes he runs and so it looks like all he gets are the gadget stuff.

I'm not sure why it's so hard for people to say the completely obvious thing.

Patrick Mahomes is not playing at an MVP level. DJLN and O. City are right. I'm not concerned, because we will make the playoffs and Patrick Mahomes will play at an MVP level when we need him to in the playoffs.
Well don't go saying that - those assholes will just go getting a big head over it.

But yeah - he's probably going to be fine. He always has been.

It's just that we need to be willing to call this stuff as we see it. He's not playing well. He didn't play well for big chunks of last season either. And we've made things pretty damn hard on him with his weapons and OTs not being as strong as we'd like them to be.

It's the NFL - it's just not as easy as the Chiefs (and Mahomes specifically) has made it look at times. You're not supposed to win a SB, you're damn sure not supposed to win them 3 times in 5 years or in back to back years. You're not supposed to go 3-0 against projected playoff teams coming off those B2B titles.

None of this is supposed to be simple. And yet...the jobs getting done.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:32 AM Today
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
When you look at this play I definitely think Pat was throwing to Rice and he bounced it. Worthy was wide open though.

It honestly looked to me like the kind of stuff I've done playing baseball. You see two targets in a spot and you end up splitting the difference.

I say this to my kids all the time trying to coach them in baseball and football - your hands follow your eyes.

When his eyes were 'split' between the two targets, his hands kinda followed and he ended up throwing it to neither of them.

But the bottom line is he had two guys who had the first down conversion off an easy throw.

If that's Matt Cassell, it ends up in a GIF'D Up thread. And it really kinda should.

It was a pretty gnarly mistake on a play that should've been really easy to execute.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:34 AM Today
I also wonder if he didn't dirt it on purpose.

Look at 31 - he's getting ready to jump the route.

I wonder if he expected 31 to follow Kelce and started to make his throw, then he saw 31 closing on Rice and didn't want to risk the pick-6.

So instead of trying to throw at a tight window along the sideline where only Rice could catch it, he just dirted it to live to fight another day. He may not have seen Worthy at all. Or at least not until he'd already made his decision on the throw.

EDIT: And man his mechanics are weird there. Look at how late off he is with his shoulders. They're not following his legs at all and he put a hitch in his delivery. It's Mahomes - I don't expect his shoulders to follow his feet with every throw - he does that off-platform stuff extremely well. But the hitch in his delivery is different. He didn't see his read and trigger. He brought the ball up almost tentatively before firing it through. And it threw the timing between his top and bottom half way off.

That's how you end up spiking breaking balls into the dirt sometimes. I wonder if that's not what happened here. Just a mechanical fault born of not being terribly sure what he wanted to do with the ball when he triggered.

Too much to unpack on that play to really draw conclusions at this point, IMO.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 11:35 AM Today
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Bienemy was basically on the chopping block mid 2021 when Mahomes was struggling. All the blame was placed on him. We just assumed he was calling the plays because we didn't like him.

Then 2022 happens and Mahomes is MVP and we're the #1 offense in the league. So... does Bienemy get credit for that or is it all just Andy and Mahomes again?

It's just always been this way with the OC. We pick and choose when they're calling the shots when its convenient for our narrative. And its usually when things aren't going well.
I agree fwiw. I assume that anyone who takes a OC job kinda accepts the fact that they will be a scapegoat at times
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:38 AM Today
Offense will come around. We won the SB with much worse personnel . It will get to being a machine.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:38 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I also wonder if he didn't dirt it on purpose.

Look at 31 - he's getting ready to jump the route.

I wonder if he expected 31 to follow Kelce and started to make his throw, then he saw 31 closing on Rice and didn't want to risk the pick-6.

So instead of trying to throw at a tight window along the sideline where only Rice could catch it, he just dirted it to live to fight another day. He may not have seen Worthy at all. Or at least not until he'd already made his decision on the throw.
I think he dirted it on purpose. That would have been a contested catch for Rice.

One other thing, a couple of seasons ago people were complaining that Pat was hyper focused on Kelce and not seeing the whole field and open receivers. Wonder if he is now doing the same thing but with Rice.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:38 AM Today
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

THREE ON TWO and he dirts it. Incredible
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:40 AM Today
oh just noticed Simmons was on Rice..well that explains alot lol
[Reply]
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Up