Page 11 of 18
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Joshua Williams Thread*****
Dante84 11:31 AM 04-30-2022
More to come!

[Reply]
raybec 4 01:16 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I'm not convinced that Fenton will be the guy going to the bench when McDuffie returns.

When they were in base last night, it was Sneed and Fenton, not Watson.

My guess is that Fenton come in for nickel instead of Watson, at least until he plays his way to the bench (for Spags).
And that's ok, but to have Fenton in single coverage against either Davis or Diggs will not be ideal. The fewer snaps Fenton has to be on an island the better.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:17 PM 10-11-2022
My opinion of Fenton is that he's a straight nickel corner. He's pretty good in that role, and a little miscast outside.

It's my hope that by the end of the season, we're seeing Watson and McDuffie outside, with Sneed at nickel for the majority of snaps.

Sneed is just so versatile at that spot; he does so many things well.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:21 PM 10-11-2022
I assumed Williams was playing due to them being in subs, but looks like Watson, Williams, and Sneed were out there on the last 2 plays.

Wonder why Fenton wasn't on the field. Did I miss something?

If it wasn't because of injury, that gives me hope that they will roll with Sneed, McDuffie, and Watson when McDuffie comes back.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:44 PM 10-11-2022
Fenton is a not very good right now. Watson is a much better version of Fenton
[Reply]
staylor26 01:46 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think we would all agree.

Hopefully Spags feels the same way and doesn't hesitate to play both rookies together.
[Reply]
Sofa King 01:47 PM 10-11-2022
Fenton's hurt every year, it won't be long.

Any update on McDuffie or Smith?
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:14 PM 10-11-2022
Fenton is a great 4th QB for depth. CBs are always getting dinged up. I hope we can somehow keep him for cheap.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:17 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I assumed Williams was playing due to them being in subs, but looks like Watson, Williams, and Sneed were out there on the last 2 plays.

Wonder why Fenton wasn't on the field. Did I miss something?

If it wasn't because of injury, that gives me hope that they will roll with Sneed, McDuffie, and Watson when McDuffie comes back.
It might be that Fenton stinks. Maybe the Niners can give him a big contract as well.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:20 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
And best part about is Rashad hold penalty Fenton will be gone. Right now I trust both Watson and Sneed a lot more than him. McDuffie more than him even though he's been injured and if Williams is even a little bit decent, there's no place for Fenton. Good place to be in right now for the chiefs.
I remember folks questioning why we took so many DBs in the draft. I think we can all see why now.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:21 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
It might be that Fenton stinks. Maybe the Niners can give him a big contract as well.
Are you implying that Ward was no good? Because he was excellent and is doing very well in SF right now.

Fenton isn't a bad player at all.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:32 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Are you implying that Ward was no good? Because he was excellent and is doing very well in SF right now.

Fenton isn't a bad player at all.
No, Ward is fine. Fenton is fine-ish. If the Niners want to give them large contracts, we can appreciate the compensatory picks.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:43 PM 10-11-2022
Ward is quite good and playing past his compensation levels right now.

I'd rather be the team SIGNING guys like Ward than losing them.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:51 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Pretty different players, really.

Honestly, we've so heavily 'Spagified' our CB room that I don't really see another Fenton type player on the roster.

One area where perhaps we don't give Fenton enough credit is that he gets very few breaks out there. He's routinely running among the highest snap counts on the team and drawing the most difficult boundary assignments.

Sneed's CB1 here, I don't think there's any question. But even with Watson, Fenton has been the clear CB2. McDuffie almost certainly supplants him in that regard, but I don't see Fenton going to the bench.

Fenton always starts games getting isolation assignments. Sometimes adjustments are made in-game, but his degree of difficulty is pretty damn high here.

And he's just always going to be a bit ugly out there. Nobody is going to like this name, but he's very Steven Nelson in how he goes about it. He's plays a physical style without the size/strength to dominate in that regard. It makes things tough on him when he has to go against guys who simply have better physical attributes than he does.

And when he loses the rep, it's pretty damn hideous.

But he's not late stage Marcus Cooper out there. He's solid. To my eyes he's playing at a similar level to Watson but Spags is asking a little more of him. Right now I'd be hesitant to cut his reps in favor of Watson upon McDuffie's return.

But I don't think there's any question that in the long run, Sneed/McDuffie/Watson is a more than acceptable 1-3.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:55 PM 10-11-2022
Ugggh....i was going to make the Steven Nelson comp but didn't wanna put that connotation on him.

But yeah. He's feisty. I like him.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:37 PM 10-23-2022
Just standin around.... suckin' on my big ol' chili dog.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 18
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up