ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 15
« First < 7891011 12131415 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Are we worried about our offense?
mr. tegu 07:15 PM 09-15-2024
Being only marginally better than last season? Worthy likely has a higher ceiling and more potential than Hardman but he is unlikely, at least for now, to be a 6-8 target a game guy as an option on the majority of passing plays. Rice is better than Rice last season so that's good. Kelce is probably worst though.

But mostly what I’m fearful about is that losing Brown is going to be a major impediment to the offense being noticeably better than last season. He was likely big in our schemes and philosophy. I know we typically struggle vs the Bengals but as of right now I'm not sure what would make me confident we dramatically improve over last season.

What does everyone think? How can we ensure the significant improvement over last season that it seems we might need?
[Reply]
bigjosh 01:28 PM 09-16-2024
Im not concerned about the chiefs offense.

We played the too two contenders in the AFC and struggled a bit.

If we dont put up 28+ against Atlanta i may begin to worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Monticore 01:31 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Im not concerned about the chiefs offense.

We played the too two contenders in the AFC and struggled a bit.

If we dont put up 28+ against Atlanta i may begin to worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Atl d isn’t that horrible
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:32 PM 09-16-2024
We are 2-0 and played arguably the hardest schedule of anyone thus far.

No different than New England in their prime, we have a proven five-plus year track record of peaking late in the year. Often in the playoffs.

To be concerned right now at any real tangible level would be ignorant. Not to mention we've got rooks who were thrown in the deep end at critical positions. Those guys are gonna get better naturally, on top of the way that Andy and Spags always seem to have their best stuff ready in the winter.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:41 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Atl d isn’t that horrible
And even if they are, they won't be when they play us. We get everybody's best game. Nobody ever looks past us. We are circled on everybody's schedule in red, and in many cases, the red is blood.

It is kind of funny how teams that play us fare in games immediately before and after they play us. The Ratbirds, in their post-Chiefs funk, lost to the Raiders. And the Bungles got beat by the Pats because they were in speed bump mode thinking about us.

Were I a degenerate gambler, I'd definitely be betting large against our opponents in the weeks before/after they play us.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:53 PM 09-16-2024
If there's anything that could truly disrail this offense it's the LT position. Donovan Smith was pretty bad, we know we can work around that. Anything worse and that's going to be tough to manage. And yes, Hendricksen is a lot for a rookie to handle, but there's some real good DEs out there, including on playoff teams. It's the one and only position that I see as a question.

Losing Pacheco makes our run game worse. Losing Holywood means our WR room probably isn't drastically better. Worthy will need time and we'll need to work out how to get him off press. But all this is manageable.

The offense isn't getting bailed out by the D, and with these injuries we'll be worse. But I think last year will have taught them a lot about working round these issues.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:25 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This one was all on Mahomes staring down. It’s 1st down dude. Kelce is doubled. Just take the fucking checkdown to Pacheco. It’s a free 5 yard gain.

Also the corner routes are free. Watson is a great corner route runner and had space up top.

The worst thing about this one is that he actually had a nice pocket. Big play to Worthy missed or the easy one to Pacheco. Probably as simple as just wanting to get Kelce going and forced it or decided presnap.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:33 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by KC Shox:
The offense blows. The tackles are worse than last year. No RB now. No WR 2. Travis has been partying and chilling with his girl all off season that he’s now fat and slow. You can tell he has no muscle definition in his arms and he hasn’t practiced or maintained his lateral mobility. Don’t give me that crap that he’s old. He only 6 months removed from the SB. He got lazy. Prayers to the Chiefs
:-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:57 PM 09-16-2024
Andy was noncommittal today on Kingsley starting vs Atlanta.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:59 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
The worst thing about this one is that he actually had a nice pocket. Big play to Worthy missed or the easy one to Pacheco. Probably as simple as just wanting to get Kelce going and forced it or decided presnap.
It's hard to believe that Pat missed this badly, especially with the defender staring it down.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:10 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:
If there's anything that could truly disrail this offense it's the LT position. Donovan Smith was pretty bad, we know we can work around that. Anything worse and that's going to be tough to manage. And yes, Hendricksen is a lot for a rookie to handle, but there's some real good DEs out there, including on playoff teams. It's the one and only position that I see as a question.

Losing Pacheco makes our run game worse. Losing Holywood means our WR room probably isn't drastically better. Worthy will need time and we'll need to work out how to get him off press. But all this is manageable.

The offense isn't getting bailed out by the D, and with these injuries we'll be worse. But I think last year will have taught them a lot about working round these issues.
Your last sentence is such a great point... last year perfectly prepared us for these new setbacks
[Reply]
DRM08 03:54 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
Andy was noncommittal today on Kingsley starting vs Atlanta.
If nothing else, try to light a fire under his butt to play better.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:05 PM 09-16-2024
Andy wtf is this playcall? Kelce and Skyy going horizontal instead of up the field in the endzone? They were pretty much taken out of the play

via Imgflip

[Reply]
RunKC 12:42 PM 09-17-2024
Watching Andy use Worthy like MVS as a deep route decoy minus an end around and short pass vs the Bengals

[Reply]
-King- 08:25 PM 09-17-2024
Watching the majority of pass play snaps on all-22, they really treated Worthy as just a decoy. He ran clear outs almost every snap.

Can we really not do the "it take a WR half a season to a whole season to understand the playbook so we're not going to include them much on plays" thing yet another year? They had good things going week 1 and just abandoned them against the Bengals.
[Reply]
-King- 08:27 PM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Watching Andy use Worthy like MVS as a deep route decoy minus an end around and short pass vs the Bengals

Didn't even see this before making my post. This is really crazy. He was just running straight up the field, slowing down at some point when he felt the play was over, turning around just to do it again. He only ran I think 2 or 3 actual routes in the 30 or so pass plays I watched.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 15
« First < 7891011 12131415 >
Up