ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 105 of 105
« First < 55595101102103104105
Nzoner's Game Room>Rashee Rice [legal issues megathread]
DaFace 04:02 PM 04-10-2024
The other thread is a dumpster fire. I'm sure this will become one as well, but might as well start with a clean slate. I'll at least try to keep the OP updated with any notable news. Feel free to PM me if I miss anything good.

Arrest warrant and potential charges:
Spoiler!

Analysis from a defense attorney:
Spoiler!

Turned himself in and now out on bail:
Spoiler!

Random minutiae:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 10:59 AM 08-29-2024
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
NFL has suspended players without any of that for violating the conduct clause.
It's true, but I'd guess they feel like it would be a bad precedent to set to do so when the actual crime he committed was speeding.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:59 AM 08-29-2024
In the past not sure if they have done that recently. They have been typically waiting for the court cases to be resolved if there is one.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:01 AM 08-29-2024
Yes, when it's something like domestic violence. This isn't a hot button issue.
[Reply]
Katipan 11:51 AM 08-29-2024
He didn’t give out pizza and water because he shared the CP opinion that Texas won’t care.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 02:01 PM 08-29-2024
As much as everyone hates it, leaving the scene of the accident might have been a brilliant move. If he were high/drinking/armed then he probably saved himself a shitload of trouble by walking away.

If he was sober, then it was dumb as hell.

Really no inbetween.
[Reply]
AustinChief 02:26 PM 08-29-2024
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
You guys... no one outside of Kansas City cares about this. Dude was in a non-injury accident with no DUI in the middle of the day. It just happened to occur during a slow news week. I promise, the Dallas community isn't marching for restorative justice here.
The only people here in Texas that care at all about this are Fantasy football players and a few extreme Chiefs haters. Most casual NFL fans have forgotten about it.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:46 AM 08-30-2024
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
As much as everyone hates it, leaving the scene of the accident might have been a brilliant move. If he were high/drinking/armed then he probably saved himself a shitload of trouble by walking away.

If he was sober, then it was dumb as hell.

Really no inbetween.
Yeah if he was sober and left, then wtf? However, if he was impaired or carrying anything he shouldn't have been, then he or someone else was pretty quick on their toes with the idea to leave.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 06:08 AM 08-30-2024
Roger’s biggest mission is making money for the league. He doesn’t want week one of the season to be about “how are the Chiefs going to win this game without last years breakout receiver who was just suspended?” That might not sit well with the overseas market he’s trying to woo.
[Reply]
Otter 06:30 AM 08-30-2024
Dumbass
[Reply]
TEX 08-30-2024, 07:00 AM
This message has been deleted by TEX. Reason: Duplicate
TLO 08:20 AM 08-30-2024
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
The only people here in Texas that care at all about this are Fantasy football players and a few extreme Chiefs haters. Most casual NFL fans have forgotten about it.
And probably the victims of the accident.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:44 AM 08-30-2024
I don’t want him to be suspended. As I’ve said before I just hope he cleans this shit up and doesn’t treat this as a freebie. I was probably more pissed at stories of him going out a few weeks after than I was the initial accident. A close call that results in no injuries and no penalties is the best thing that could have happened to him, assuming he will learn from this.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:56 AM 08-30-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
And probably the victims of the accident.
I would say they are included in "a few extreme Chiefs haters."
[Reply]
BWillie 12:52 PM 08-30-2024
Rashee is going to lead the team in yards

I mean duh. But nice that a weight has kinda been lifted off his shoulders
[Reply]
Page 105 of 105
« First < 55595101102103104105
Up