ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Nzoner's Game Room>seclark
HayWire 08:19 AM 11-06-2022
Might not be appropriate so mods can delete if they like.

I hadn't seen anything before. Mr. Clark is not well and could use a prayer.

Be well my friend.
[Reply]
Al Czervik 05:42 PM 07-22-2024
Thoughts and Prayers to Sec....Hang in there brother.
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:39 PM 07-22-2024
Originally Posted by seclark:
Doctor just left
I don’t have Parkinson’s
I have ALS
sec
Their diagnosis is wrong, brother. You have TBOS

-tougher than boiled owl shit syndrome.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:46 PM 07-22-2024
Doctor just left
I don’t have Parkinson’s
I have ALS
sec
Damn, sorry to hear that Sec.

Hopefully with the feeding tube you get some much needed nutrition and some strength. Those boys of yours may even syringe that beer in the tube!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:48 PM 07-22-2024
Doctor just left
I don’t have Parkinson’s
I have ALS
sec
Sorry to hear my good man. At least you know what it is now.

Wondering how a diagnosis ends up fucks with my head from time to time. I came back to the house. Locked the car in the driveway. Came into the house. 3.5 hours later a neighbor knocked on our door to let us know the car was still running in our driveway. Makes me wonder how bad this short term memory loss shit is going to get?

Just try to enjoy and focus on each day things you enjoy. That’s what I’m
Trying to do anyway.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 05:51 AM 07-23-2024
Very sorry to hear that diagnosis sec. Stay positive. Stay around.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 07:56 AM 07-23-2024
seclark-

I'm very sorry to hear about your diagnosis; it sounds like you are incredibly blessed to have a loving support and caregiving circle around you. Do some research; there are a lot of resources available for folks with ALS and their caregivers. Caregivers will need support along with you on this journey.

Take care and God bless.

Fat E
[Reply]
Bwana 08:27 AM 07-23-2024
Doctor just left
I don’t have Parkinson’s
I have ALS
sec

Oh crap, sorry to hear that Sec. Hang in there buddy. Prayers your way.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:30 AM 07-23-2024
Doctor just left

I don’t have Parkinson’s

I have ALS

sec
Does this mean we get to throw a bucket of ice on you now? Maybe we can do it with a Gatorade cooler to make it seem more manly. :-)

But obviously I know that's not a diagnosis you want to hear. All you can do is keep fighting like you have been. Hang in there.
[Reply]
Renegade 08:39 AM 07-23-2024
I watched my mother in law suffer with ALS. My prayers are with you Sec.
[Reply]
wazu 08:50 AM 07-23-2024
Doctor just left
I don’t have Parkinson’s
I have ALS
sec
Well, shit. This has to be about as devastating of news as you could have received. So sorry to hear. I've read there are some hopeful advancements in how to treat ALS. Praying those become real on a timeline that helps you ASAP.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:52 AM 07-23-2024
Sorry to hear the news. Sounds like you are blessed with a great family to get through this difficult time.
[Reply]
seclark 05:32 PM 07-27-2024
They discharged me yesterday.
Got the best night of sleep I’ve had in a week. I was waking up at 2am every morning and couldn’t go back to sleep.
The wife is doing great working with the feeding tube, and I’m digging it with taking my meds instead of swallowing them.
The cancer has been put on the back burner, but I’m still going to my monthly doctors appointment but they’re not doing the treatments.
I’m going to monthly ALS clinic checkups, and am on 2 scripts. These don’t fix the disease but hopefully will slow it down.

I’m gaining strength back slowly because I haven’t been eating for so long and now I’m getting 6 meals a day through the tube.

I’m thankful for all the thoughts and prayers.

sec
[Reply]
ptlyon 05:35 PM 07-27-2024
Keep it up bro! 🙏
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:36 PM 07-27-2024
They discharged me yesterday.
Got the best night of sleep I’ve had in a week. I was waking up at 2am every morning and couldn’t go back to sleep.
The wife is doing great working with the feeding tube, and I’m digging it with taking my meds instead of swallowing them.
The cancer has been put on the back burner, but I’m still going to my monthly doctors appointment but they’re not doing the treatments.
I’m going to monthly ALS clinic checkups, and am on 2 scripts. These don’t fix the disease but hopefully will slow it down.

I’m gaining strength back slowly because I haven’t been eating for so long and now I’m getting 6 meals a day through the tube.

I’m thankful for all the thoughts and prayers.

sec
Thanks for the update!
[Reply]
mlyonsd 05:42 PM 07-27-2024
One day at a time sec. Awesome that you're home now. Godspeed.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Up