ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Ravens (2024 Kickoff Edition)
Bl00dyBizkitz 07:35 AM 08-28-2024
We're past the 53 man cut-down, both our rosters are for the most part set in stone. It's time to talk real football.

Ravens lost a few players on defense this offseason, but acquired Henry. LJ has been talking big about how much weight he's lost this offseason to be faster than ever, I suppose. Don't know much about their draft, but the Ravens traditionally draft well so I'll assume the same this year.

We're likely down Hollywood Brown, but no other major injuries.

What say you, CP?
[Reply]
RunKC 09:46 PM 09-01-2024

What’s the key to slowing down Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs?

Roquan Smith: Stop the run and make them one-dimensional pic.twitter.com/DCtc2AORF3

— Jamison Hensley (@jamisonhensley) September 1, 2024

Morgan Freeman GIFfrom Morgan Freeman GIFs

[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 12:03 AM 09-02-2024
Thoughts from the other guys . . .

[Reply]
BossChief 12:26 AM 09-02-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:

These guys will never learn.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:27 AM 09-02-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Mahomes is the best in the NFL when the other team knows they have to pass. IT isn't even close. Probably the dumbest thing he could say.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:55 AM 09-02-2024
Sometimes I need to be reminded that these are football players, and over 75% of them are the knuckle-dragging jocks from high school.

When will they learn?
[Reply]
Chargem 04:54 AM 09-02-2024
There's no injury report on the Chiefs official website.. there should have been one for yesterday right?
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:14 AM 09-02-2024
Lamar has been paid, decision made. The regular season pressure is on Harbaugh.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:13 AM 09-02-2024
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan:
Thoughts from the other guys . . .

Lotta delusion in that video. They talk about how we lost Sneed, but say nothing of all the players and coaches they’ve lost. Oh well, post it on the Reapers page and watch petty Patty work his magic.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:18 AM 09-02-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
The "If Lamar evolves as a passer" theory has been thrown around since 2019 when he got knocked out by the Titans. Its 2024. He's still the same. It's not happening.

Yeah. I don’t know why people just keep assuming this is going to happen. Is it just blind hope? Or do they really think he’s going to somehow develop enough arm strength to throw outside the hashes with accuracy, while drastically improving his processing?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:37 AM 09-02-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah. I don’t know why people just keep assuming this is going to happen. Is it just blind hope? Or do they really think he’s going to somehow develop enough arm strength to throw outside the hashes with accuracy, while drastically improving his processing?
And also, why is it limited to Lamar?

Why doesn’t every shitty passer just get better?

Answer: it’s really fucking hard and very few can (no matter how hard they train)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:38 AM 09-02-2024
Originally Posted by BossChief:
These guys will never learn.

I think my favorite thing is him citing Henry’s stats against the Chiefs. Hilarious.

Yeah, he had about 450 yards in four regular season games against the Chiefs.

188 of them came in one game FIVE years ago. Since then, Henry has touched the ball 1,342 times and turned 30. (And the only reason the average is that low is that he - predictably - got hurt and missed half a season when he was on pace for 500 touches).

Remind me, is having multiple seasons in a row of 300+ touches good for a RB’s production? Is turning 30 good for a RB’s production?
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 08:45 AM 09-02-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think my favorite thing is him citing Henry’s stats against the Chiefs. Hilarious.

Yeah, he had about 450 yards in four regular season games against the Chiefs.

188 of them came in one game FIVE years ago. Since then, Henry has touched the ball 1,342 times and turned 30. (And the only reason the average is that low is that he - predictably - got hurt and missed half a season when he was on pace for 500 touches).

Remind me, is having multiple seasons in a row of 300+ touches good for a RB’s production? Is turning 30 good for a RB’s production?
I’m not saying he’s washed but it’s really stupid to believe he’s the same player he was five years ago. I don’t think he’ll last the season but I just hope he doesn’t have any gas left in the tank for week 1.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 08:52 AM 09-02-2024
Ravens have a new DC and 3 new OL.

Should be a fairly easy W.
[Reply]
In58men 09:06 AM 09-02-2024

The Chiefs have placed RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire on the reserve/non-football illness list.

As a result, CEH is now out for at least four games. Makes the addition of Samaje Perine that much more important for the champs.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) September 2, 2024

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:14 AM 09-02-2024
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
I’m not saying he’s washed but it’s really stupid to believe he’s the same player he was five years ago. I don’t think he’ll last the season but I just hope he doesn’t have any gas left in the tank for week 1.
I also just disagree with the idea that this version of Derrick Henry drastically changes the way you defend the Ravens. It does not.

They're still going to be a run-heavy team. They're still going to zone read and use Lamar as a weapon on the back side of it. They're still going to play action off of it and try to hit the TEs.

You defend it all the same way.

Henry is still a good player, but he does not have the same pop/explosion he used to have. I actually don't fear him running wide out of the pistol or shotgun nearly as much as I would a smaller, quicker back who is better at stop-start (IE Keaton Mitchell).

I also don't know if I believe that defense is quite as good. Geno Stone was a nice third safety and takes away some of their flexibility (much more predictable when Hamilton is playing nickel now, as they don't have that proven 3rd safety who can do everything). Patrick Queen wasn't THE guy but is being replaced by an unproven player in Trenton Simpson. Clowney was a strong run defender who is gone now, and the starting OLBs are Oweh and Kyle Van Noy.

Throw on top of it a first-time DC who literally has NEVER called a defense in his career, and I just don't see them matching up well with the Chiefs.

I'm excited for it. Think we'll see the common early formula against the Ravens... Chiefs get out to an early two-score lead, stretch it to 3 scores in the second half, and then it ends up looking closer than it was in the final score.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up