ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Nzoner's Game Room>It might be time to have a talk about Travis Kelce
TLO 06:16 PM 09-15-2024
He looks old and tired. I'm afraid we're seeing a very steep decline from one of the best TEs in NFL history.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:57 PM 09-16-2024
I haven't watched him closely. Guess i will tonight. The few times i did notice him i didn't notice him as being any different.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:00 PM 09-16-2024
or maybe the plan was to take pressure off the 35 year old GOAT so he doesn't get beat up all year and he's STILL turning in great plays.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 01:26 PM 09-16-2024
I think this is Kelce's last year, that's why we locked up Noah Gray. Kelce seems to be a bit slowed, but I will reserve judgement until after the LAC game at So-FI in 2 weeks. If we get to Jan and he's a little fresher, great. I think we will see his rotation go down as 12, and 83 get more snaps.
[Reply]
wazu 01:29 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I have zero doubts this thread is gonna be one of those classics that ages poorly.
Yeah the ominous thread title. We're two weeks in and have some new players in the mix. Reid's been doing some strange things with the offense. (Runs every first down, having like 5 RBs in the backfield, etc.) Let's give it a minute and take a breath. Plus Kelce looked like prime Kelce on the play that got called back. It's not like we haven't seen him flash that he still has it.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:07 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
Where is this, "he looks old and tired" shit coming from?
Last season, I didn't think he looked old running down the field. But there was many a time I thought he looked [NFL] old getting up off the field and lumbering to the sideline.

:-)

Doesn't mean he is finished or can't be effective. But, for instance, I won't be shocked if he never has 1000 yards again. Even with the extra regular season game.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:12 PM 09-16-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Yeah the ominous thread title. We're two weeks in and have some new players in the mix. Reid's been doing some strange things with the offense. (Runs every first down, having like 5 RBs in the backfield, etc.) Let's give it a minute and take a breath. Plus Kelce looked like prime Kelce on the play that got called back. It's not like we haven't seen him flash that he still has it.
Absolutely.

I'm just not counting on him to flash for 1000 yards again. But great if he can.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 05:23 PM 09-16-2024
Travis literally ran the fastest he's ever ran in the super bowl........

That was how long ago? He hasn't fallen off at all.

The offense was going to change and I just don't think that we've adjusted and figured out who we're gonna be this year. Losing Brown hurt that, and now with Pops out it's not gonna get better for a while
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 05:38 PM 09-16-2024
TK might be older and slower but there is not another tight end EVER I enjoy watching more than him juking to get open or what he does after he catches the ball. The guy is pure talent.....and he enjoys life.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:12 PM 09-16-2024
It's two games. Small sample size. If he has another bad game I'll be more worried but for now it's all good
[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:18 PM 09-16-2024
I think the biggest difference I’ve noticed is the quickness and change of direction after a catch. I think he can still get open because of his intelligence but the YAC is just not going to be what it once was.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:22 PM 09-16-2024
Everyone ages. Time stops for no one. News at 11.

He gets to go out however he wants and I’ll be there cheering for him.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 06:44 PM 09-16-2024
**** this noise. He good.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jefffed...e-chiefs-star/

Kelce caught 93 passes for 984 yards and five touchdowns in 2023, but those numbers would have been higher if he hadn’t chosen to sit out the last game of the year rather than pursue a record eighth straight 1,000-yard season.

Partly as a result of sitting out that game, Kelce looked refreshed in the playoffs, recording 32 catches for 355 yards and three touchdown while leading the Chiefs to the Super Bowl LVIII title.

In that game Kelce recorded his fastest speed as a ballcarrier during the last seven seasons, demonstrating that he has not literally or figuratively slowed down.

He reached that top speed of 19.68 mph on a crucial play.His 22-yard reception with 16 seconds left set up the Chiefs' game-tying field goal to help send the game into overtime.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 07:29 PM 09-16-2024
Ummm… Kelce demands double and triple teams. He influences the defense strongly. If they single cover him he’s gonna go nuts. Regardless he will be there when it counts most.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:05 PM 09-16-2024
Nope.

Not yet.

Kelce's a different animal.

Its what's inside him that makes the difference.
[Reply]
njchiefs 05:36 AM Yesterday
Samson and Delilah
[Reply]
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Up