ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Carolina really traded it all for this
RunKC 10:00 PM 05-21-2023
I can’t believe how tiny this guy is. At least Russell Wilson had a thick body frame. Bryce is short and lanky.

this just can’t work. I’m sorry pic.twitter.com/8RAezziWv0

— justice for kevin love (@LakeEffectBro) May 20, 2023

[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 05:04 PM Yesterday
Said this during the '23 preseason before he ever played a regular season down. You could just tell he didn't belong out there with real NFL players.

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
I see absolutely no way that Bryce Young becomes an above-average NFL QB. Maybe I’ll be spectacularly wrong, but I just don’t see it.

[Reply]
kccrow 08:46 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Based on everything I can find, Young measured 5’10 & 1/8” at the combine. That’s the exact same height as Kyler and half an inch shorter than Russell Wilson.

You mention Flutie and, tbh, I’d be surprised if Brees measured higher than 5’11” by his late 2010 seasons.

I’m not really sure height or weight are the culprits here.
Flutie wasn't that great. His career was under 55% and he struggled most of the time with TD:INT ratio. He really only had one legitimately solid season in his entire career. He's just a nice story coming from the CFL and being small but it certainly doesn't make him good.

Kyler and Russell are legitimately 25-30 pounds heavier than Midget. Midget artificially inflated his weight, which he can't carry, for the combine.

Not only does the real weight matter but the arm strength. Kyler and Russell have way stronger arms than Young. They can make those off-platform throws you have to make if you're short and can't make traditional throws over the top.

Flutie is the best Young could ever hope to be and I just don't see it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:27 AM Today
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Flutie wasn't that great. His career was under 55% and he struggled most of the time with TD:INT ratio. He really only had one legitimately solid season in his entire career. He's just a nice story coming from the CFL and being small but it certainly doesn't make him good.

Kyler and Russell are legitimately 25-30 pounds heavier than Midget. Midget artificially inflated his weight, which he can't carry, for the combine.

Not only does the real weight matter but the arm strength. Kyler and Russell have way stronger arms than Young. They can make those off-platform throws you have to make if you're short and can't make traditional throws over the top.

Flutie is the best Young could ever hope to be and I just don't see it.
Sure, but 55% completion back in those days wasn’t terrible. For reference, Elway was just under 57% and Marino ended his career at 59%.

I’m not saying he was great, but you don’t stick around the league for that long if you’re truly terrible.

It may be a combination of factors for Young. I’m just not sure the reason for the difference in performance between Bryce Young and Drew Brees, who was also short, slight and had a relatively weak arm, is just an inch’s worth of height.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Up