Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk Falcons
cmh6476 05:40 PM 09-15-2024
Playing the Chiefs on a short week
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:21 AM Today

[Reply]
BWillie 12:08 PM Today
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
You could say "sex is good" and bwillie would spend 3 paragraphs crying about required foreplay and post-cleanup.
Agreeableness is for sheep and lemmings.
[Reply]
-King- 12:54 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Bottom line is that even WITH the injuries, neither of those teams are better than we are if we play at full gallop.

Just gotta clean some stuff up.

Man, I'd really like to see Danna get ANYTHING done at all. He's quietly been as bad as anybody we have on the defense. I get that Bolton, Tranquill and Reid have had mistakes that have been pretty obvious.

But Danna is getting NOTHING done out there. He's just getting stonewalled. No push, no pressure.

Fortunately Wharton's stepped up his game so with Jones and Wharton in the middle, it's creating a little room for GK and having 3 guys being effective is usually good enough.

But man, I'd really like to see anything at all from Danna. He's been steady enough against the run but in passing situations he's done nothing at all.

If this is what we're gonna get from him, I'd just as soon see FAU take his lumps instead.
FAU only getting I think 12 snaps tells me he's not even impressing in practice. I think it would get a lot worse if they played him more. He's basically only coming in to give guys a breather at this point.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:54 PM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Man this team is quietly underrated and talented. It’s gonna be a battle but I think we win
If Cousins was right, they may actually have a leg up on us. That's a pretty good roster, Cousins when healthy is a good quarterback, they have good weapons and they're strong in the two ways we genuinely suck at right now.

We suck at left tackle for now, and we suck at defending tight ends. The Falcons could really punish us there.

But Cousins can't move. Jackson and Burrow could elude a collapsing pocket, Cousins can't.

I take the Chiefs in this game with some difficulty.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:58 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Bottom line is that even WITH the injuries, neither of those teams are better than we are if we play at full gallop.

Just gotta clean some stuff up.
Agreed. Just typically makes it a little harder to clean things up when you’re consistently playing above average squads each week.

Originally Posted by :
Man, I'd really like to see Danna get ANYTHING done at all. He's quietly been as bad as anybody we have on the defense. I get that Bolton, Tranquill and Reid have had mistakes that have been pretty obvious.

But Danna is getting NOTHING done out there. He's just getting stonewalled. No push, no pressure.

Fortunately Wharton's stepped up his game so with Jones and Wharton in the middle, it's creating a little room for GK and having 3 guys being effective is usually good enough.

But man, I'd really like to see anything at all from Danna. He's been steady enough against the run but in passing situations he's done nothing at all.

If this is what we're gonna get from him, I'd just as soon see FAU take his lumps instead.
And agreed again.

I mentioned in another thread last year that Danna was over performing.

Up until this year, he had gotten better each season. And that was always weird to me. He’s kind of undersized, not explosive, not particularly fast or strong.

I wonder if he hit a bit of a wall. Or maybe he’s dealing with a nagging injury… or maybe he’ll explode this and next week for multiple sacks lol idk
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 01:00 PM Today
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Wow, I just looked and you’re not wrong.

Saints and Buccaneers over performing has completely changed the outlook on our schedule.
i don't think the saints are as good as they've been the first two weeks of the season but i think they're for sure better than people expected, and right now that game is gonna be tough. bucs are basically slightly better than last year and last year they almost beat detroit in the divisional round.

nfc south isnt looking so pathetic this year lol
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 01:01 PM Today
i think the bucs are arguably better than the saints but defensively i think we'll do well against tampa

i could see the saints moving the ball on us tho. they have a very balanced offense. hoping for a carr special or two
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:05 PM Today
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Agreed. Just typically makes it a little harder to clean things up when you’re consistently playing above average squads each week.

And agreed again.

I mentioned in another thread last year that Danna was over performing.

Up until this year, he had gotten better each season. And that was always weird to me. He’s kind of undersized, not explosive, not particularly fast or strong.

I wonder if he hit a bit of a wall. Or maybe he’s dealing with a nagging injury… or maybe he’ll explode this and next week for multiple sacks lol idk
I'll accept 'hit a wall' if it means he plateaued at who he was last season.

To this point, he hasn't been that, IMO.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:06 PM Today
Yeah, the Saints offensive line worries me. If they can get the run game going, Shahid will be open deep all day against our secondary with his speed. Obviously Kamara in space against our LBs is nightmare fuel.

And I read the other day that the Bucs had the most passes against their defense in the NFL this season. Despite that, they have yet to allow a single passing TD.. so that game may be a strength vs strength sort of situation.
[Reply]
MatriculatingHank 01:10 PM Today
I need help with a parking pass on Sunday. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
[Reply]
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Up