Page 10 of 18
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Joshua Williams Thread*****
Dante84 11:31 AM 04-30-2022
More to come!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:40 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Who do you think the alternative was at that moment?
Some DC's would've flipped to a 2-high zone or something like that; or a matched hybrid coverage kind of thing to protect him.

But like I said - that's not what Spags does. He's gonna call the play he'd have called with 5 pro bowlers at DB.

That's why I say it's not a Williams thing - it's a Spags thing. And sometimes it gets him burned.

Last night it didn't.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:40 AM 10-11-2022
The Raiders, just like the Chargers, spent big bucks this off-season to overtake us and we still beat them.

God that has got to be absolutely infuriating for them. Thank God we have Andy
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:43 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The Raiders, just like the Chargers, spent big bucks this off-season to overtake us and we still beat them.

God that has got to be absolutely infuriating for them. Thank God we have Andy
"Series doesn't start until the home team loses one..."

I think most of us had the Chiefs at 4-1 to this point, no? Like the Chargers game, this one was more important for us than it was for them. And while we were missing McDuffie and Gay, the Chargers were missing Allen and the Raiders Waller.

Nobody's thrown their best punch yet and we have won by, what, 3 combined points? At home?

The Raiders have Raidered themselves into a real hole schedule/standings wise, but I don't think either LV or LAC believe themselves to be obviously inferior to KC at this point and there's ample cause to think that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:49 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Some DC's would've flipped to a 2-high zone or something like that; or a matched hybrid coverage kind of thing to protect him.

But like I said - that's not what Spags does. He's gonna call the play he'd have called with 5 pro bowlers at DB.

That's why I say it's not a Williams thing - it's a Spags thing. And sometimes it gets him burned.

Last night it didn't.
Actually, last night it did in the first half. They were abusing Fenton terribly until Spags made some adjustments.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:53 AM 10-11-2022

Last night it didn't.
Read some of Williams' comments afterward. Guy exuded confidence and didn't seem to fear Adams at all. Whether talk or not, he's always seemed to have the right attitude to thrive (or at a minimum survive) in those sorts of situations.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:56 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Read some of Williams' comments afterward. Guy exuded confidence and didn't seem to fear Adams at all. Whether talk or not, he's always seemed to have the right attitude to thrive (or at a minimum survive) in those sorts of situations.
There's something to be said for rookie ignorance.

Some guys haven't figured out how hard this game is supposed to be yet.

There are a few 'off ramps' for defensive backs, IMO.

Some simply never have the confidence to play at this level - Williams and Watson seem to have passed that off ramp. Some simply never recover when they hit rough patches. Think about guys like Terrance Mitchell and Marcus Cooper. Cooper was an EXCELLENT example of it. Cooper as a rookie simply didn't seem to worry about anything because he didn't realize yet that this game is hard and sooner or later he was gonna get his ass kicked a time or two.

That's the next test for guys like Williams and Watson. We'll see how it goes.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:57 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Actually, last night it did in the first half. They were abusing Fenton terribly until Spags made some adjustments.
They need to stop putting Fenton in man coverage. He is too grabby and never looks for the ball.
[Reply]
O.city 11:42 AM 10-11-2022
"Series doesn't start until the home team loses one..."

I think most of us had the Chiefs at 4-1 to this point, no? Like the Chargers game, this one was more important for us than it was for them. And while we were missing McDuffie and Gay, the Chargers were missing Allen and the Raiders Waller.

Nobody's thrown their best punch yet and we have won by, what, 3 combined points? At home?

The Raiders have Raidered themselves into a real hole schedule/standings wise, but I don't think either LV or LAC believe themselves to be obviously inferior to KC at this point and there's ample cause to think that.
It kinda sucks getting them here early in the year then having to go there later, I always prefer the other way around.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:50 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
They need to stop putting Fenton in man coverage. He is too grabby and never looks for the ball.
I have to think Fenton's snap counts are going to go down when McDuffie comes back. So there's always that.
[Reply]
-King- 11:57 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
He blew it up. Disrupted the timing and caused Adams and Renfrow to collide. If McDuffie lives up to that 1st round pick we’re gonna have 3 good CBs on rookie deals for the next 4 years.
And best part about is Rashad hold penalty Fenton will be gone. Right now I trust both Watson and Sneed a lot more than him. McDuffie more than him even though he's been injured and if Williams is even a little bit decent, there's no place for Fenton. Good place to be in right now for the chiefs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:58 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
And best part about is Rashad hold penalty Fenton will be gone. Right now I trust both Watson and Sneed a lot more than him. McDuffie more than him even though he's been injured and if Williams is even a little bit decent, there's no place for Fenton. Good place to be in right now for the chiefs.
Bingo.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:01 PM 10-11-2022
Fenton seems like a player that’s always been better down the stretch than early in the season.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:20 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I have to think Fenton's snap counts are going to go down when McDuffie comes back. So there's always that.
In the Cardinals game McDuffie had the clamps on Hollywood Brown. He was in his hip pocket the entire game. The guy was aces.

If we get that guy back it’s an enormous advantage. I watched the all-22 of his only game and it’s easy to see why he doesn’t get thrown at.

He’s got very good lateral agility and can change directions with ease. Guys just don’t get open against him often.

Love Sneed but think McDuffie may be our best corner.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:43 PM 10-11-2022
Huh. Haven't seen The 'Chise yet. He must still be jerking it to that snap last night.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:55 PM 10-11-2022
I'm not convinced that Fenton will be the guy going to the bench when McDuffie returns.

When they were in base last night, it was Sneed and Fenton, not Watson.

My guess is that Fenton come in for nickel instead of Watson, at least until he plays his way to the bench (for Spags).
[Reply]
Page 10 of 18
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up